One more crown question

Hey guys,

If I have collected all crowns for base game, do I need to recollect them for Iceborne? As i know Iceborn list needs to have crowns from base game. 

Will I need to spend my time going for crowns that i have already got for mhw platinum?

• Like 1

On 26/04/2020 at 10:33 AM, danceswithsloths said:

No, if you already have the crowns from the base game, you will not need to get their crowns a second time.

Do you need to get the crowns for the monsters that were added before the expansion released? Lunastra, Deviljho etc. I have the plat for MHW but didn't bother with the extra crowns.

4 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Do you need to get the crowns for the monsters that were added before the expansion released? Lunastra, Deviljho etc. I have the plat for MHW but didn't bother with the extra crowns.

Yeah, you need both of those.

For Deviljho, there's an event quest called "The Heart of the Nora", where you fight two Deviljhos, and one is a guaranteed Mini and the other a guaranteed Large, so if you run that you'll be fine.

Lunastra you should fight at HR instead of MR as she's pretty nasty. You can get a bunch of tempered investigations for her by repeatedly running the HR event "Tracking the Delivery", which awards random tempered ED investigations. Then just save scum them for her crowns.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Yeah, you need both of those.

For Deviljho, there's an event quest called "The Heart of the Nora", where you fight two Deviljhos, and one is a guaranteed Mini and the other a guaranteed Large, so if you run that you'll be fine.

Lunastra you should fight at HR instead of MR as she's pretty nasty. You can get a bunch of tempered investigations for her by repeatedly running the HR event "Tracking the Delivery", which awards random tempered ED investigations. Then just save scum them for her crowns.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm still a little on the fence as to whether I pick this up but I'll keep that in mind if I do! Loved MHW but not sure I'm ready for the grind again. From what I've read this one is a much longer game.

• Like 1