I'm finding it impossible to beat high level Masterminds as a new player

I've just started playing this game and I am really struggling with it. When I'm playing as Survivor, I find that that the Mastermind wins in Area 1 around 90% of the time. I also keep getting matched against the same Masterminds. They are often level 50+ and easily destroy an uncoordinated team. My question is: is the game even worth playing with random players? Beating a competent high-level Mastermind seems near-impossible with a random group.

Yeah a lot of them are using builds that get you easy winning results.

The tryhard Spencers are the worst, its either 'All Guns Spencer' or 'Biocore Spencer' both of which are nearly impossible to deal with unless you are with a team that knows what they are doing. 

Although with the new patch there is a worse kind of Mastermind: The 'Unstable Connection Mastermind'.

Its seems the new patch allowed more players to play as mastermind but has resulted in more masterminds with terrible connections, I kid you not I was in a team of 4 randoms (we were all rank 20+ so we all knew how to play properly) vs a rank 4 Annette and somehow lost in the 1st area due to the lag causing us to constantly get grabbed from distances that we should have been safe.

Also the 'Ragequit Masterminds' who disconnect when their 'tryhard' builds are getting beaten by a competent team of randoms - you can feel the salt when you keep dodging Mr.X through doors or they try to spam creatures as last ditch attempt to win before disconnecting.

Edited by objectioner
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, The PREDATOR said:

A high level Sam can pretty much dominate almost any MM build.

While I somewhat agree with that statement, its only true on a perfectly stable connection. Anything less than that & Sam's hit detection goes out the window & hits that are clearly landing for you don't register for the Mastermind leaving Sam open & defenceless while in the animation.

The same goes for all characters but anyone using melee gets it worse as they have to be within range of an enemy to hit them leaving them wide open to slashes & grapples.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath