On The Fence, Should I Buy It?

MrTacoNinja

I've been playing the demo and so far I'm not impressed with it. Some of things I don't like is the fact that I have to really squint to see everything in this game, the graphics are almost reminding me of a cartoony Fortnite type of vibe, any enemy sitting on a higher or lower elevation point to me I have to run up on them so my hits connect (which totally negates being a damn bow user) and I really don't like that there isn't an evasive maneuver (dodging, rolling, etc.). Maybe that comes later? The pets just seem... useless? 

Are these small, nitpicky complaints? Sure. But it's enough to put me on the fence here. So I guess what I'm wondering is if I should take the plunge with the hopes that it gets better or avoid this lackluster game (at the moment yes, lackluster best describes it for me)?

If you  weren’t impressed by the demo then the full game won’t change that. I usually enjoy majority of the games I play but this one was the most disappointing I played in recent memory. Even in co op i didn’t find it that enjoyable, especially not for 2 playthroughs plus a grind for the platinum. You won’t see it on my profile as I played it on my other one but I did plat and played for over 40 hours so I’m not just rambling or hating on the game. Id give it a 7/10 max, not a bad game but I wouldn’t lose sleep if I skipped it. 

Edited by NaseemJohn

If you like games like Diablo, you (in theory) would enjoy Torchlight 2. The pets are useful in that you can send them to town to sell and purchase items from NPC vendors while you stay on whatever quest/dungeon you're in.

• Like 1

Wow. Thanks so much for the very insightful info. A long grind? Ouch. Not a fan of the grind. As for Diablo I have every platinum possible and this game here pales waaaaaaaaay in comparison.

Edited by MrTacoNinja