What did you think?

puckelberry

Gotta say after finally getting this game at a discount I really enjoyed it but I think the main game suffered from a lack of cohesiveness, the 3 DLCs were awesome easily worth the price of admission and better than the main game. I'm wondering if it was the random nature of the map which mean they couldn't tell a story with the town as well. I get the idea they were going for with joy overdosing causing the town/map to change its just a shame it was never implemented.

After finishing I'm very much looking forward to what next they do.

What did everyone else think?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, puckelberry said:

Gotta say after finally getting this game at a discount I really enjoyed it but I think the main game suffered from a lack of cohesiveness, the 3 DLCs were awesome easily worth the price of admission and better than the main game. I'm wondering if it was the random nature of the map which mean they couldn't tell a story with the town as well. I get the idea they were going for with joy overdosing causing the town/map to change its just a shame it was never implemented.

After finishing I'm very much looking forward to what next they do.

What did everyone else think?

I agree it was good

I liked it but I was glad to get rid of it after I got the plat. Playing as Arthur took way too long imo, I liked Sally’s storyline the most and Ollie was straight up annoying because you could die from his glucose meter. I never got the DLC. I loved the concept that they used; Joy (happy drugs) is normalised and people who seemed depressed got looked down upon. That brings a pretty powerful message to how it is in real life. People getting lost in drugs to feel better but then to realise its a fake happy world to then become a “downer”. Its a unique game and thats what caught my eye. At first I thought we would be playing 3 different characters in the world who had nothing to do with each other, I was glad to see this was not the case as Arthur, Sally and Ollie know each other. It was interesting to see what Sally’s story was and it made me understand more why she said and did the certain things towards Arthur. Ollie’s story made a lot more sense too when you start playing as him. Cool game.

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

I liked it but I was glad to get rid of it after I got the plat. Playing as Arthur took way too long imo, I liked Sally’s storyline the most and Ollie was straight up annoying because you could die from his glucose meter. I never got the DLC. I loved the concept that they used; Joy (happy drugs) is normalised and people who seemed depressed got looked down upon. That brings a pretty powerful message to how it is in real life. People getting lost in drugs to feel better but then to realise its a fake happy world to then become a “downer”. Its a unique game and thats what caught my eye. At first I thought we would be playing 3 different characters in the world who had nothing to do with each other, I was glad to see this was not the case as Arthur, Sally and Ollie know each other. It was interesting to see what Sally’s story was and it made me understand more why she said and did the certain things towards Arthur. Ollie’s story made a lot more sense too when you start playing as him. Cool game.

If you have a chance to pick up the DLC its definitely worth it, it was 3.99 the other day. All 3 DLCs are really different and add to the lore especially the final one where you see what wellington wells is really like without joy tinted glasses.

But I agree Arthur was way too long compared to the other 2 but had more interesting side quests, I'm especially fond of the butcher mission. Hehe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, puckelberry said:

If you have a chance to pick up the DLC its definitely worth it, it was 3.99 the other day. All 3 DLCs are really different and add to the lore especially the final one where you see what wellington wells is really like without joy tinted glasses.

But I agree Arthur was way too long compared to the other 2 but had more interesting side quests, I'm especially fond of the butcher mission. Hehe

The butcher mission was really messed up. ? And I liked it.

• 1 year later...

I think this game is a typical example the devs created an environment with great atmosphere, but didn't have enough solid game play elements to fill it. It may be enticing to people who like to "explore" but to me it got boring very fast.

At one time I was running back and forth doing nothing else for those so-called side quests in St. Gregory and it seriously became a chore.

And the random generated world made the experience worse.