Any tips for the last Boss?

You

The last boss in this game is utterly stupid, who thought a boss like this would be a good idea in a fighting game where you can't parry/dodge!?

Anyone able to defeat the final boss without losing loads of lives? :)

The attacks are so fast, largely unreadable and take up large parts of the screen. There is an even an attack where it just stomps repeatedly going from bottom to the top of the screen. There is no way to get out of the way in time.

It honestly seems your only option is just to attack as quickly as possible standing at the far edge of the screen with normal attacks as fast as you can and hope for the best, and then mash special attack just before you think are about to get it. Just go on the offensive and waste all your energy going all at it and hope you don't run out of lives in the mean time.

What makes it even harder is the other boss, who camps near you either shooting or diving in with a slash from off screen. It's very difficult to handle both at the same time and it is so easy to get overwhelmed.

Due to the weird way this version of the game works, you start each stage with zero score and minimum starting lives so your extra lives don't carry over after each stage, you get a rank after each stage.

It's like 12 quests instead of 12 stages.

So when you start the final stage, you almost don't have enough lives to start with.

I've memorised every attack pattern for every enemy and boss in the game, but the final boss just seems really unfair and cheap...

Also, I've only completed the game on Easy so far with each character, which is ironic since I have completed the Arcade Hard mode challenge of clearing the game in one credit.

Ironically because your score passes over from each stage and if you don't lose a life, you can accumulate lives during the other 11 stages and if you play well, you can have sevenish lives by the time you reach the final stage. Instead of just the one or two that the game gives you when you use stage select.

Easy just seems the same difficulty as normal and hard with maybe the odd extra enemy, you just get more lives. The bosses seem the same on any difficulty level. I was dreading the Mania trophy, until I actually tried it.

Edited by enaysoft

I got A rank on Hard, and believe I was very close to S. I dont lose any life against both of them. I was using Skate and kept spamming the forward □ move and dodged the claw by up or down scrolling. With SOR2 Skate, I manage to manoeuvre around most enemies and bosses. One thing I noticed and believe was that SOR1 Police car move instantly kills of the bosses, although that will cost a star I believe. But yeah, try Skate and see if you get through them with losing life on hard or higher. 

for this boss, once one goes into the mech, i just focus on the mech. the mech has a pretty easy attack pattern so just pick your spots to attack and then retreat. once you get the one person in the mech, the other will jump into the mech and just repeat with a slightly different attack pattern.

Here is a video where we cleared it. We had no idea what we were doing as this was the first time playing.

What worked for the mechanical boss is to just stay in top left corner and hit its leg anytime it got close a bunch of times. If we get to this again, we will probably all focus on the boss and ignore Ms Y, because trying to fight Ms Y while ignoring the mechanical beast was very troublesome.

The best tactic I found was to be a SOR 1 character and just carefully time your car attacks. It's possible to completely destroy the entire boss in one spell if you get the timing right. In total you can pick up 2 other stars during the level so you have 3 attempts.

Gotta say, I never really liked the end boss on SOR3, the way you had a time limit and Mr X was spinning around the screen in a very annoying fashion and just when you wanted to hit him with heavy damage you'd end up tapping him away with minimal (when playing on Hard)

Mr Y and Ms Y and really generic and boring enemies as they are but the robot is just so out of place and honestly is just awful. An awful final stage to an otherwise excellent game.

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping to either top corner (I'll stay to the left) seems to work. I don't ignore Ms. Y, but I don't leave the left side of the screen to chase her (which risks getting hit by the robot).

I think the SOR2 last boss battle, with both Mr. X AND Shiva, is the hardest in the series, bar none. You'll find them in the Art Gallery's arcade machine when you taze it.

As for SoR 3, I handled Robot Y by abusing Blaze's jump kick. Try to get him to the far left or right, then spam away. About 9 jump kicks will strip a life bar from it.

At 1:30:33 is the fight with the last boss. This version is the Japanese Bare Knuckle III with Robot Y's name changed to Neo X. The Japanese version's voices are better, and it's uncensored. Hisho Sozan (which Blaze also says in SoR 4) sounds better than Terra Shield IMO. The robot will have more life bars in SoR 3 than in BK III.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

On SOR3, yes Robot Y, we did the same tactic back in the day, just flying kicks at the edge of the screen. It is so dumb, in SOR3 on Hard he has something stupid like 7 lives so you have to do this technique almost as soon as the boss happens in order to kill him in under 3 minutes, if he happens to grab you and start zooming around the screen it wastes so much time and you can't easily grab him and if you try to say use Axels special Robot Y gets tapped away with one hit.

Another technique was to choose Zan and just repeatly mash his Forward special, getting a hit does a fair amount of damage when he is on the floor and often does not knock him down for unknown reason so you can spam it several times. But yeah, flying kick cheat at the edge of the screen, so lame.