Trophies not showing in "What's New" area (while online) & Possible cause + fix.

Winds-of-Neptune

I've been searching the net for people with this issue and found a few sites like reddit and some others where people have posted about it.  No one seemed to have a real cause or fix.  But I think I may have both.  I hope.

What happens is you are popping trophies for a certain game (while online) then for some reason they stop appearing in your "What's New" feed.  I have come to suspect, by memory, that it seemed to happen when you go into your privacy settings.  It puts you into some kinda "stasis" where you are online but your ps4 doesn't know it.

And the solution for me was to LOG OUT of your PS4 and LOG BACK IN.  I tried that and was amazed to see that trophies began reappearing in What's New, for the same game they stopped appearing.

This is not 100% proven yet as I need to experiment a bit more but I have a feeling I am close, if not, spot on... I hope.

Anyone else who has had this problem, I hope to hear from you about how you solved this mystery.  With a game showing trophies in What's New, then vanishing, and then appearing again in What's New (the same game). :)

If this is not in the right section..  Shoot me cause I couldn't find a better section.  ?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

On 9/26/2020 at 5:31 AM, NERVergoproxy said:

So how's the experiment coming along?...

There is no confirmed word from Sony on this bug.  I searched up and down the net.  Didn't bother looking in the 'deep net'tho... too perilous. :P  
Anyways, I have 4 possible solutions.

• Make sure ALL other users are logged out the first time you load the game / while playing the game as well.
  • If your trophies vanish from 'What's New"  try logging out and back in.
  • Don't go into your PS4 Settings while the game is active.
  • Don't synch your trophies while the game is active / Don't synch until you exit the game the first time you load the game.

It happened to me 3 times.  And all 3 times it seemed to happen when I went into Settings or Privacy Settings while the game was loaded.

That's all I got could infer in the matter.  Alot of steps to go through for something that may not even happen. It's confusing trying to figure these  things out by yourself but that is what our brains are for. ?   Sometimes "thought experiments" do come to fruition.  -- But for those for which it matters, I hope this could help...   have a good one. 

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune
Reason for asking why I need a reason?
  • Like 1

When I play Persona 4 Dancing All Night it doesn't show my earn trophies on the "whats new" feed or my own profile feed atm, that's about it. I even reinstall game hoping it was a glitch but nothing. I only know 1 way that may fix it but ugh I dont want to go that route.

Not sure if you mean the same thing but since a few weeks when i look at What's New on the PSN Android App it shows only which new games i've started but not any trophy i unlocked at all. I only see my friend's trophies in the app.

I normally have only one account active but there were maybe 3 moments when i had two controllers activated and therefor 2 accounts active.

I think i haven't opened up the settings or even privacy settings on my ps4 in a long while so i doubt that has any relation to it.

I'm normally online on ps4 but show my friends i'm offline. But that's since a few years so really nothing unusal and i did see some trophies in the app in the past.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I am going throw another one out..  Try deselecting "Limit My Activities in News Feed" in your settings.

My biggest suspicion has to do with having multiple users logged in while interacting with the game.

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune
What is your reason for asking why I need a reason for editing this?

• 1 year later...
On 28.09.2020 at 1:41 AM, Winds-of-Neptune said:

I am going throw another one out..  Try deselecting "Limit My Activities in News Feed" in your settings.

My biggest suspicion has to do with having multiple users logged in while interacting with the game.

I cannot find that setting.

This happens to me for “Horizon forbidden west” which i play from disc with latest update.

Other games’ trophies appear on whats new such as Ride 4 which I played recently too but it is downloaded from digital store.

• 1 year later...

I play my games on ps4 and it's been 2 months since my earned trophies don't show in the feed (What's New) anymore, the only thing appear is when i start to play a game for the first time, idk if this glitch happen on ps5, but anyway my profile is always online when i'm playing and the settings for the achievements are public, i thought it was a problem of the game i was playing but i'm currently playing Resident Evil 2 remake and still the same thing...

Edited by Aayleh