Ethereal Queen on Earth Difficulty

Hello there. I've been on and off on this game due to the sheer grind of it and all and I've been coming up on the BT of having Lymle beat Ethereal Queen in 10 mins. 

I'm doing it on Earth because I need to get Faize's BTs anyway and because my Galaxy file has her at 6 wings. What concerns me the most as does anyone who does this fight is knowing when to switch so I was thinking... counting. The only information I could find for her health places it at 10,400,000 which doesn't seem right and even it marks it with a ?. That HP correct? So I was thinking perhaps using a character with a one hit attack that does 99,999 (max attack hits her for max too right) and counting 90 or so hits and then switching to Lymle. Edge has such an attack but perhaps I could speed it up by using Meracle who has one too? I was thinking of doing that and having everyone on manual, means a lot of switching but even if I did it slowly I read that time when time is frozen in the menu doesn't count towards battle time.

I'm sure at least one person has done this before so those that have, it work? I mean, is it timely? If doing such a thing takes 15 mins or whatever then obviously it is of no use. I'll of course be going into the fight with a Super Tri-Emblum and something that has max resistances so my stats will certainly be high enough on that end. 

Had to defeat Gabriel Celeste again for Meracle's BTs and thought I'd test the above on him. I didn't have the guard skill equipped on Edge but uh... didn't seem good to me. I'm thinking now that Baccus spamming Termination might be a better bet as you can do it further away from the Queen and because it doesn't hit much it's easy to track how damage you've done. Gabriel at 6 wings on Galaxy has more health than 2 wings Queen on Earth and I got the BT so I'm thinking there is a good shot at this working perhaps.

On 5/20/2020 at 1:10 AM, Rozalia1 said:

I'm doing it on Earth because I need to get Faize's BTs anyway and because my Galaxy file has her at 6 wings. What concerns me the most as does anyone who does this fight is knowing when to switch so I was thinking... counting.

It's been a very, VERY long time since I played this. And I did this BT on Galaxy (at 2 wings) because I did the entire Platinum in three cycles and not four. (And did Faize's BTs on Universe.) But my recollection is thus:

You reach a point where EQ's Rush Gauge stops dropping, even when she's in Rush mode.  The notes I have stuffed in a drawer somewhere said this is the checkpoint to keep in mind.  That after you reach this point, you should beat on EQ for about another 30 seconds before you idle everybody and go solely at EQ with Lymle.  That so long as you get to this stage with sufficient time remaining, you ought to be alright and Lymle can finish things off from there.

If you're fighting her on Earth difficulty, you probably want to be even more cautious with the timing.  That once you reach the checkpoint I mention in the previous paragraph, you either want to switch to Lymle-only immediately or you only want to beat on her for a far shorter period of time.  As not to risk killing her and wasting the attempt entirely.

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2020 at 0:10 AM, Rozalia1 said:

Hello there. I've been on and off on this game due to the sheer grind of it and all and I've been coming up on the BT of having Lymle beat Ethereal Queen in 10 mins. 

I'm doing it on Earth because I need to get Faize's BTs anyway and because my Galaxy file has her at 6 wings. What concerns me the most as does anyone who does this fight is knowing when to switch so I was thinking... counting. The only information I could find for her health places it at 10,400,000 which doesn't seem right and even it marks it with a ?. That HP correct? So I was thinking perhaps using a character with a one hit attack that does 99,999 (max attack hits her for max too right) and counting 90 or so hits and then switching to Lymle. Edge has such an attack but perhaps I could speed it up by using Meracle who has one too? I was thinking of doing that and having everyone on manual, means a lot of switching but even if I did it slowly I read that time when time is frozen in the menu doesn't count towards battle time.

I'm sure at least one person has done this before so those that have, it work? I mean, is it timely? If doing such a thing takes 15 mins or whatever then obviously it is of no use. I'll of course be going into the fight with a Super Tri-Emblum and something that has max resistances so my stats will certainly be high enough on that end. 

Much later than your post, but I did Lymle’s BTs on Earth with Faize (so, no dragon roar). What I did was watched EQs behavior and eyeballed it. I controlled Reimi for the fight, using either Savage Sparrows or Crescent Wings (I think it was the latter) with Edge doing melee in hopes of stunning EQ. Occasionally, I would switch to edge to use Raging Strike. I kept Sarah and Lyme as healers, so not much firepower.

I did like the FAQ suggested, beating up on EQ until her rage bar was permanent, and then beating on her for about 45 seconds more. Then I switched to Lymle, and...that was it. Beat her and got the trophies. I don’t know how long it took, because I used her 2-wing form, but I can verify that it’s possible.

14 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Much later than your post, but I did Lymle’s BTs on Earth with Faize (so, no dragon roar). What I did was watched EQs behavior and eyeballed it. I controlled Reimi for the fight, using either Savage Sparrows or Crescent Wings (I think it was the latter) with Edge doing melee in hopes of stunning EQ. Occasionally, I would switch to edge to use Raging Strike. I kept Sarah and Lyme as healers, so not much firepower.

I did like the FAQ suggested, beating up on EQ until her rage bar was permanent, and then beating on her for about 45 seconds more. Then I switched to Lymle, and...that was it. Beat her and got the trophies. I don’t know how long it took, because I used her 2-wing form, but I can verify that it’s possible.

I'll respond too as I did it myself already. I was worried about the whole rage thing but after watching some video I recognised the moment it happens and yeah, it's all quite academic then. I intended to have it be the one to pop the 100% BT trophy but after I got hit with two freezes in late grinding not long after each other I decided to go after her as freezes when going for the Queen are horrible stuff. I'd suggest everyone do the Queen stuff before doing the grinding part as a result, you can just save your game every now and then with the grinding. Can't with the Queen. I do hope Star Ocean 4 hasn't literally damaged my PS3, but thankfully the freezes seemed to be localised to certain areas so I think it's just Star Ocean 4 being made wonky in said areas. 

Yeah timing is iffy unless you have a second person with you. I didn't even bother with EQ because when I did so on Gabriel Celeste for his timed one I'd at times clocking up a lot of time on the clock that shouldn't be as the timer stops on the menu. You could press stop every time you access the menu... but that can be a lot of stopping and even then you'd likely have a second count up which shouldn't and those add up.