Bayonetta director interested in spin-off for 3DS starring Jeanne

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/09/01/bayonetta-director-interested-in-spin-off-for-3ds-starring-jeanne/

Jeanne-Bayonetta-Spinoff-600x302.jpg

Platinum Games has just released The Wonderful 101 on the Nintendo Wii U, their first game with Nintendo and another game by Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya. At PAX,Siliconera asked Kamiya if he would want to make a game on the Nintendo 3DS and Kamiya said he had two ideas for the handheld.

“Given the chance, I’d like to make a game based on Jeanne from Bayonetta. Something that’s not as big in scale. Something that’s portable, that you could play in quick sessions, where she’s a history teacher and the kind of fun things that could come out of a scenario like that.” -  Hideki Kamiya (Director of Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101)

So what was the second idea? Well, if you are a Okami fan, time to hit that jump button.

“If I could get away with it, I’d also like to come up with a spin-off of Okami, less focused on the grand idea of saving the world, but [rather] something focused on the smaller world of the fairy Issun.” -  
Hideki Kamiya (Director of Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101)

Sounds pretty cool.  I'd love some Bayonetta love on 3DS.  

i still want Bayonetta 2!! 

You mean on PS3/PS4? Cause it IS coming for Wii U.  One of the main reasons I got a Wii U.  I do think it'd fit way better on PS3/PS4, but Sony should've stepped in before Nintendo.  I really have my doubts about how well it'll do on a Nintendo platform, though.

You mean on PS3/PS4? Cause it IS coming for Wii U.  One of the main reasons I got a Wii U.  I do think it'd fit way better on PS3/PS4, but Sony should've stepped in before Nintendo.  I really have my doubts about how well it'll do on a Nintendo platform, though.

well let's hope bayonetta 2 makes its release cuz my primary selling point for the 3ds was megaman legends 3 and we see where that went

Bayonetta on the 3DS would be great to see, however I wasn't a big fan of the Lords Of Shadow game that had been on there. Many times the handheld versions feel much clunkier than the retail, which is understandable.

As for KI, I won't really complain about not having that just yet. If it comes out and ends up being better than it looks, you may hear a complaint or three.

well ps3 or 4. i absolutely loved bayonetta 1. and now nintendo are taking over it? I HATE NINTENDO!

And yet nobody is hating Microsoft for Killer Instinct, Titanfall etc.

Oh no, I hate them for that too. They are ruining such an amazing classic fighter with purchasable characters. I can't wait to see how much money they don't make off that idea.

As for Titanfall I could care less. Its a 360 + PC title, and I'd be a bit surprised if it didn't eventually come to PS4.

I'm talking possibly years in the future though, like Bioshock and Mass Effect did. But either way I'd still probably get it for PC.

Edited by rsoto1125

• 2 weeks later...