what region is this?

So, can anyone explain how the V-Preca works? I've got a code, but I can't create an account on the vpc lifecard site. It gives me a 403 forbidden error.

Is there something I'm missing?

Edit:

Never mind, I figured it out. For anyone confused about this process, here's the steps I took to get this working:

1. Buy a V-Preca card from play-asia
  2. You will get your card number and a random activiation string on play-asia. Copy these.
  3. Go to the V-Preca website. https://vpc.lifecard.co.jp
  4. Click the "V-Preca Gift" button on top
  5. Click all 3 checkboxes to agree to the terms
  6. Click one of the blue buttons to continue
  7. Enter your random activation string from step 2 in the top field and the last 4 numbers of the card number in the second field
  8. Copy the captcha image in the last field and click on the blue button
  9. You will now see your card, there are 3 important details on it.
    1. The expiry date (second row, under Month/Year)
    2. Security number (to the right of the expiry date)
    3. Name (LIFE CARD)
  10. You will also be instructed to create an account or log in. You do not have to do this (and you probably can't for the same reason as I initially created the post)
  11. With the details, go to the PSN store and put a Cero Z game (or anything else in case you weren't just trying to circumvent the C Zero policy) in your cart.
  12. Add a payment method and select credit card.
  13. Enter the card number (type should be input automatically, if not select VISA), expiry date and security number and use LIFE CARD as the name. (I'm writing this after the case from memory, so you will have to try and use Google translate to figure out what goes where).
  14. Click the next button, you will be asked to enter an address.  ---> here i just accepted the first option and it filled out everything!
  15. Use 8760842 as zip code (top field) and press the button next to it (it should complete the next 2 fields automatically)
  16. Enter something random in the address 1 field and you should be able to continue. (I used Kiriumachi, a random address I grabbed from https://www.bestrandoms.com/random-address-in-jp, be careful using those zip codes though, I could not get the other fields filled in automatically with zip codes from that site). As far as I could tell, there was no additional validation of this address field.
  17. Once this is all set up, you should be good to go, you may need to confirm your password to complete checkout.

Hope this helps everyone, because I found the info I could find on the internet lacking a lot.

Hey hey with this post i was able to get the Bioshock 2 download (any Z rating) to work. thanks to Ric for the post.

• Like 4

On 4/13/2022 at 8:42 AM, BlackSheep--7 said:

So, can anyone explain how the V-Preca works? I've got a code, but I can't create an account on the vpc lifecard site. It gives me a 403 forbidden error.

Edit:

Never mind, I figured it out. For anyone confused about this process, here's the steps I took to get this working:

2. You will get your card number and a random activiation string on play-asia. Copy these.
  7. Enter your random activation string from step 2 in the top field and the last 4 numbers of the card number in the second field
    3. Name (LIFE CARD)
  10. You will also be instructed to create an account or log in. You do not have to do this (and you probably can't for the same reason as I initially created the post)
  11. With the details, go to the PSN store and put a Cero Z game (or anything else in case you weren't just trying to circumvent the C Zero policy) in your cart.
  13. Enter the card number (type should be input automatically, if not select VISA), expiry date and security number and use LIFE CARD as the name. (I'm writing this after the case from memory, so you will have to try and use Google translate to figure out what goes where).
  14. Click the next button, you will be asked to enter an address.  ---> here i just accepted the first option and it filled out everything!
  15. Use 8760842 as zip code (top field) and press the button next to it (it should complete the next 2 fields automatically)
  16. Enter something random in the address 1 field and you should be able to continue. (I used Kiriumachi, a random address I grabbed from https://www.bestrandoms.com/random-address-in-jp, be careful using those zip codes though, I could not get the other fields filled in automatically with zip codes from that site). As far as I could tell, there was no additional validation of this address field.
  17. Once this is all set up, you should be good to go, you may need to confirm your password to complete checkout.

Hope this helps everyone, because I found the info I could find on the internet lacking a lot.

Hey hey with this post i was able to get the Bioshock 2 download (any Z rating) to work. thanks to Ric for the post.

thank you for taking the time to detail that. might be useful for many people in the future

• 2 weeks later...

Edit:

3. Name (LIFE CARD)

Bout to try this for that Sniper Contract game. Hopefully works. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 13/04/2022 at 1:42 PM, BlackSheep--7 said:

Edit:

3. Name (LIFE CARD)

Thank you so much for sharing this. It worked perfectly and I was able to buy the Japanese version of BioShock 2! 

• 3 months later...

I don't get it. I keep getting this error: "クレジットカードの有効期限が切れています。別のお支払い方法をお試しください。" on the PSNStore.

It says that the V-Preca card is expired, yet the card doesn't expire till August 2023. So wtf?

Edit: I've tried using the V-Preca card on two different accounts, same damn error

A7dBq2C.png

What the hell am I doing wrong, as I never had these issues before?

Edited by ArmoredSnowman