what region is this?

On 6/1/2020 at 2:38 AM, melodicmizery said:

what region is this? asia? is this part of the collection coming late to a different area?

Pretty sure this is the JP version since there is a stipulation that you need a Japanese credit card to buy it due to the rating, from what people have been saying on one of the Bioshock treads. The other version is the EU version.

On 6/1/2020 at 7:14 AM, Gamehelp said:

The assumption is JP, conflicting reports say that the NA re-release doesn't generate another trophy stack, can confirm that this list can be obtained via the japanese psn store, however the problem is you can't buy the game digitally unless you have a japanese creditcard of some kind because the game is rated CERO-Z.

Had the idea of purchasing a japan visa gift card off of play-asia and seeing if this bypasses their age restriction system, but I didn't want to be overcharged just for it to be spat back in my face.

This could also be potentially purchased in other regions, maybe CN or KR but haven't looked into it too much, will edit this post if I find anything.

(Just for reference, all 4 of the recent Bioshock lists that were added are in full english/your account language settings, this includes the JP list(s))

Hope this helps you in some way.

yes thanks, seem like jp and eu i think have the new trophy lists but the game is now listed as seperate away from the collection version. a little pricey for me though $20 for a game i already own 3 or 4 copies of. $10 would be more suitable. that sucks about the age restriction

28 minutes ago, BlackSheep--7 said:

Does anyone know a good way to buy this copy? How can you get around the japan credit card..

There are no legal ways around the Z rating lockout so unless it gets a retail release at some point, your only option is to write it off and move on :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

With the help of a friend, i was able to purchase the Japanese stack with a pre-paid JPN visa card:

https://www.play-asia.com/v-preca-5000-visa-gift-card-japan-account/13/70cvb7

We then used another website to generate the address and security code of the card. Putting these details into our wallet on the JPN account and successfully purchasing the game. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

How is someone going to drop info like that here and not even help out the forums by stating which site they’re using for the address/security code generator? Bogus. 

hes one of those people who say "i have a problem such and such is doing this can anyone help"

and then he replies and says "nevermind found the solution and fixed it"

yet wont take the extra minute  to say how he fixed it so others know the solution

i hate people who do that shit

anyways what im wondering is dont pre paid cards already have security codes on them or no? 
also for the address you could prob just go on google maps, go to japan and click anywhere and pull up a random address and use that
still would be nice to know where the generator is though

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 3

On 8/29/2020 at 10:05 PM, melodicmizery said:

anyways what im wondering is dont pre paid cards already have security codes on them or no? 
also for the address you could prob just go on google maps, go to japan and click anywhere and pull up a random address and use that
still would be nice to know where the generator is though

Yeah don’t know why the guy couldn’t take the extra minute to help people out with a little more info ? and to be honest you’re probably right about the cards already coming with a code, it’s just the address part that may or may not work. I’m going to try and get my hands on one and just maybe it’ll go through. I’ll update here when I try it out. 

Edit: no such luck with a Visa card, I don’t think it’ll go through without a work around and idk any. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yeah don’t know why the guy couldn’t take the extra minute to help people out with a little more info 1f602.png and to be honest you’re probably right about the cards already coming with a code, it’s just the address part that may or may not work. I’m going to try and get my hands on one and just maybe it’ll go through. I’ll update here when I try it out. 

Edit: no such luck with a Visa card, I don’t think it’ll go through without a work around and idk any. 

using someone else's address is so address fraud is punishable. I hope that in this case, sony will hand out tougher punishments. and why take so much risk for a stupid game.

19 hours ago, Cobraman218 said:

using someone else's address is so address fraud is punishable. I hope that in this case, sony will hand out tougher punishments. and why take so much risk for a stupid game.

im sure sony will get right on that after they are done counting their wads of cash. 

it doesnt impact anybody. on a regular credit card when your using it the name has to match up to the numbers. this is a part of the security clearance

on pre paid cards there should just be a number and a security number on it. i havent had one in a few years. why does sony even need a address? and if they get a address they arent technically using it for anything. when you sign up for a alt account you input the state, city, postal code. i dont think it asks for a address. 

anyways the guy who said "i did it" and then bailed on us has left us with a bunch of mindfck questions lol

20 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yeah don’t know why the guy couldn’t take the extra minute to help people out with a little more info 1f602.png and to be honest you’re probably right about the cards already coming with a code, it’s just the address part that may or may not work. I’m going to try and get my hands on one and just maybe it’ll go through. I’ll update here when I try it out. 

i tried with my regular visa card as well a few months ago and i couldnt get it to work either

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

im sure sony will get right on that after they are done counting their wads of cash. 

it doesnt impact anybody. on a regular credit card when your using it the name has to match up to the numbers. this is a part of the security clearance

on pre paid cards there should just be a number and a security number on it. i havent had one in a few years. why does sony even need a address? and if they get a address they arent technically using it for anything. when you sign up for a alt account you input the state, city, postal code. i dont think it asks for a address. 

anyways the guy who said "i did it" and then bailed on us has left us with a bunch of mindfck questions lol

i tried with my regular visa card as well a few months ago and i couldnt get it to work either

You’re hitting all the points bro lol. That dude wants to go off about address fraud when everyone outside of Japan who has stacked games (including this one) has probably done exactly that, committed address fraud. I personally didn’t do any of that, the Visa I purchased doesn’t even come with a CVC code so I got the answers to my questions right then and there. 

And I highly doubt any non-Japanese account who has this stack has a Japanese credit card, let’s be honest here...so they more thank likely utilized a workaround (like a code/address generator which was mentioned above).

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 11:02 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

You’re hitting all the points bro lol. That dude wants to go off about address fraud when everyone outside of Japan who has stacked games (including this one) has probably done exactly that, committed address fraud. I personally didn’t do any of that, the Visa I purchased doesn’t even come with a CVC code so I got the answers to my questions right then and there. 

And I highly doubt any non-Japanese account who has this stack has a Japanese credit card, let’s be honest here...so they more thank likely utilized a workaround (like a code/address generator which was mentioned above).

lol thanks man. imagine how many trophy hunters would be in jail for address fraud. everyone who has stacks sitting in prison while rioters are free to burn down courthouses in portland lol.

i tried my regular visa credit card but you got a prepaid and it indeed doesnt have the cvc? maybe the prepaids dont need one because they are activated at purchase or something. or they just dont need that much security maybe.

that guy who bailed on us kind of makes me laugh everytime i come back to this thread. he happily and excitingly said "i did it!" and then just disappeared like a magician. as much of a dick move it was, its still kind of hilarious the havoc he caused and doesnt realize as hes prob at home right now eating cheetos off his stomach and playing japan bioshock lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

lol thanks man. imagine how many trophy hunters would be in jail for address fraud. everyone who has stacks sitting in prison while rioters are free to burn down courthouses in portland lol.

i tried my regular visa credit card but you got a prepaid and it indeed doesnt have the cvc? maybe the prepaids dont need one because they are activated at purchase or something. or they just dont need that much security maybe.

that guy who bailed on us kind of makes me laugh everytime i come back to this thread. he happily and excitingly said "i did it!" and then just disappeared like a magician. as much of a dick move it was, its still kind of hilarious the havoc he caused and doesnt realize as hes prob at home right now eating cheetos off his stomach and playing japan bioshock lol.

That’d be a lot of gamers locked up ? and yeah, I’m not too sure why it didn’t come with any kind of code, it must be different when buying Japanese items online. More power to the people with this stack I suppose. 

On 8/31/2020 at 1:08 AM, Cobraman218 said:

and why take so much risk for a stupid game.

Just wanted to quote you again because:

In case you haven’t realized, you’re on a website meant for trophy hunters and some people enjoy playing stacked games, whether it is for fun or not. Don’t know why you felt the need to comment in a forum for a “stupid game” if nothing talked about even applies to you. Pffft.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Any word on a workaround?

Not at all, I’d reach out to those who have the plat outside of Japan but I don’t want to nag. Either they got their hands on a Japanese credit card or used a code generator for a Visa card, maybe a shared Japan account? I really don’t know sadly.

Edited by HoorayForTyler

15 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Not at all, I’d reach out to those who have the plat outside of Japan but I don’t want to nag. Either they got their hands on a Japanese credit card or used a code generator for a Visa card, maybe a shared Japan account? I really don’t know sadly.

Hmm a friend tried using a site called V-preca, and managed to buy a cero-z game today. So maybe it'll work for BioShock?

5 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Well, seemed to work for him, since he was able to buy Remnant.

I’m assuming using a VPN for that website you mentioned is a must. Non-Japanese users can’t access the proper pages to create an account to apply. But I will say, that website seems to be the most reliable as it sells Visa cards that “act as credit cards”. Might be your best bet for this stack. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gamehelp said:

You can't register an account because you're not a citizen of Japan, however you do not need to create an account to use the V-Preca gift card, get one off of play asia, then obtain the rest of the card information from the gift card site, it's really quite simple and bypasses all CERO Z restrictions, the only catch is you can only purchase CERO Z rated content, with the card, once you run out of credit, you can't just purchase CERO Z content with wallet funds for example, you will need to purchase another pre-paid card.

Try to translate the page, I aint going to link it, however the button to register the gift card/obtain cvc and card expiry should be right next to the sign up button, play asia provides you with the necessary information to enter into the site.

Goodluck.

Very helpful. Thank you.

• 3 months later...

So has anyone tried that V-Preca (prepaid Japan VISA) method to buy CERO Z RATED games and does it work?  What do you need to know?

One of the sites that sell V-Preca have the following disclaimer, need an actual Japanese phone number too?

*Note: Valid Japanese Phone Number is needed for SMS authentication / Phone authentication when redeeming the code."