Saved data in system storage

Deluziion90

So I had days gone in the past as an EU disc version. Platted the game and gave the disc away. (11/12/2019 player profile file)

Today I downloaded an NA version because it was only 14 dollar. Downloaded the game and I can start it with my EU account

Problem is my save file won't start

I checked my Cloud storage but no days gone.

Next check I did was going into my ps4 storage and there we go I found all my files from when I played the game.

Problem is how in the world do I load these files. Doesn't it work because it's now a digital version? EU/NA shouldn't matter as it's not a stackable game iirc

The save files are probably not compatible. For example, my U4 disc save file is not compatible with U4 digital (from PS+). Same applies to HZD and HZD Complete Edition and probably many other games.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

The vast majority of save files are region locked, thus you cannot mix and match where you buy the game from e.g UK saves won't work with an Asian game, US saves won't work with a JP game etc. etc. In your case, your original saves are from an EU copy so won't work with the US release and vice versa. You now have a choice to make, either start over from scratch with your new US copy or fork out even more money to rebuy an EU copy so your original saves will work again.

Some games have retail and digital compatibility issues, even when bought from the same country and it's even possible to have issues with GOTY and non-GOTY Editions of the same game when bought from the same country.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Yeah I raged so much that I had to do all over again as it's a platinum save file and I wanted to start my NG+ run for the trophies. So checked my bank account. Saw that I got enough to spare so took the gamble and got the EU version.

Currently downloading and can already see the upload save files ready to use.. Just me being stupid and not checking this stuff out beforehand. It's called CUSA codes that are on the disks and that links to the digital/Disc copies of regions.

Hopefully someone will see this topic in the future and won't make the same mistake as I did.