Question in regards to gold edition

DaveMcDamage

Bought this on the sale the other week. 

I always take a sneak peek at games on my none completion account to test for how the games controls etc. Anyway, with Hitman 2 I noticed there are two missions at the very end of the list which are locked. Is there a reason for this because owning the gold edition I thought it gave you everything? I also have the legacy pack due to having the first game. Anyone have any info on this please. 

Also. Because this legacy pack adds the original game, is it still just as good to go through the sequel straight away and mop up those first game maps at a later date? Talking more from an immersion type of view point. Or maybe this is another legendary stupid f**king question from me....

I'm gonna stop writing now. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

You'll only get Season 1 Legacy pack missions if you own the First season, Hitman 2 Gold edition comes with 2 expansions, not the legacy pack.

I felt wasted after buying the Expansion Pack, since I realized that the First Season was not included. And I had to purchase the first game.

Edited by BadRep24

As I said I have the legacy pack. 

What I wanted to know about was the two missions listed at the very end of the campaign list. It looks like in one you're wearing a white shirt and shades and on a beach area. Can't remember what the other pic looked like but both of those were locked out or grayed out from the rest. 

Ohhh I have just found the perfect topic. I felt the same feeling when I bought Hitman 2 last week. I was sure it was a pack with Hitman 1 / 2 and it was Hitman 1's training agency mission and 2. Maaaaan, how dissapointing!

So, if you want to play everything you have to buy:

18 dollars: Hitman 1: Legacy Pack

12 dollars: Hitman 2

9 dollars: Hitman 2: Aditional Expansions

However, although I felt Sony (or iOi) wants my bank account, it is one of the games I really recommend since I got the platinum of Hitman Absolution in PS3.

To sum up, and from my point of view, there are lots of games which are more expensive (or have more DLC's) than this one and are worse (or less funny).

I hope to help you and I felt the same that you feel.

Edited by julianegan

12 minutes ago, rastrojerodiesel said:

Ohhh I have just found the perfect topic. I felt the same feeling when I bought Hitman 2 last week. I was sure it was a pack with Hitman 1 / 2 and it was Hitman 1's training agency mission and 2. Maaaaan, how dissapointing!

So, if you want to play everything you have to buy:

18 dollars: Hitman 1: Legacy Pack

12 dollars: Hitman 2

9 dollars: Hitman 2: Aditional Expansions

(49 dollars in total and its "on sale"!!!)

However, altought I felt Sony (or iOi) wants my bank account, it is one of the games I really recommend since I got the platinum of Hitman Absolution in PS3.

To sum up, and from my point of view, there are lots of games which are more expensive (or have more DLC's) than this one and are worse (or less funny).

I hope to help you and I felt the same that you feel.

And that kind of shit is going to be in HITMAN III, as well. It's on their website.

https://www.ioi.dk/announcing-hitman-3/

From their website:

The World of Assassination trilogy is fully realised with HITMAN 3 and we are establishing our new game as the ultimate place to play all three games. Players of our previous HITMAN games will be pleased to know that it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that they own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place.

Edited by BadRep24

Ok so the ones that are locked out are called Golden handshake and something else... already forgotten. 

But when I click on them to gain access it says I already own the expansion pass. 

Another thing I have noticed is that you cannot delete this game from your trophy list even if you haven't unlocked anything yet. 

Also. Will the 100% trophy completion become impossible to obtain soon as someone said that WB games is being sold and have no idea if IOI go with that deal.

But as it stands I just want to know why those two missions are locked out even though it says I have the expansion. 

7 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Ok so the ones that are locked out are called Golden handshake and something else... already forgotten. 

But when I click on them to gain access it says I already own the expansion pass. 

Another thing I have noticed is that you cannot delete this game from your trophy list even if you haven't unlocked anything yet. 

Also. Will the 100% trophy completion become impossible to obtain soon as someone said that WB games is being sold and have no idea if IOI go with that deal.

But as it stands I just want to know why those two missions are locked out even though it says I have the expansion. 

Did you download it? Purchasing it is not enough.

Edited by BadRep24

5 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

Did you download it? Purchasing it is not enough.

Yeah I am thinking thats the problem. I just went to the game page and downloaded 10 of the 11 items. That will take all night to download as its quite a bit, but no bother. Only thing I couldn't get is the legacy pack, but I already downloaded that when I played the first game and it was on the page. 

But still not sure why this is the only game you cannot delete when the trophies are at 0%. Pretty naughty if they're using that as a selling tool. 

And yet they couldn't have the decency to throw in a platinum trophy at some point. Not game breaking or avoiding, but sure is confusing. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

2 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I am thinking thats the problem. I just went to the game page and downloaded 10 of the 11 items. That will take all night to download as its quite a bit, but no bother. Only thing I couldn't get is the legacy pack, but I already downloaded that when I played the first game and it was on the page. 

But still not sure why this is the only game you cannot delete when the trophies are at 0%. Pretty naughty if they're using that as a selling tool. 

I've pretty much wasted my $79.99 CAD for the first game, just to unlock the Legacy episodes. My brother purchased the Gold Edition of Hitman 2, but like all else, it did not include the expansions until pay $79.99.

On the subject of deleting trophies, probably because the trophies are averaged? Once it has 1% trophy percentage overall, you can't, even if they are at 0%.

Edited by BadRep24

12 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

You need to download the expansion missions (Golden Handshake and Haven) separately from the PS Store. It's kind of silly. I remember having to use the store's search function to find them back when they first launched.

12 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

I've pretty much wasted my $79.99 CAD for the first game, just to unlock the Legacy episodes. My brother purchased the Gold Edition of Hitman 2, but like all else, it did not include the expansions until pay $79.99.

On the subject of deleting trophies, probably because the trophies are averaged? Once it has 1% trophy percentage overall, you can't, even if they are at 0%.

Not sure what you mean about that. I had loads of games that I deleted before unlocking trophies. I wonder if its more to do with the fact that Hitman 2 contains stuff from the first Hitman and it some how detects that? I dunno. Very odd though.

11 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

You need to download the expansion missions (Golden Handshake and Haven) separately from the PS Store. It's kind of silly. I remember having to use the store's search function to find them back when they first launched.

Cheers man. Hopefully I will have everything once its all finished downloading. 

Aside from the prologue online trophies and deadly duo for Himmlestein, what other trophies require the MP? I know there was two more maps which had them but for the life of me I cannot spot them. As soon as everything is downloaded I just want to knock out all the mp trophies so that I can get on with the SP part of the game. IOI have been a very odd company since Absolution and in how they develop the Hitman games. 

what other trophies require the MP?

There are only three trophies, I believe, all in the Sniper Assassin missions.

Himmelstein: Deadly Duo

Singapore: Double Trouble

Siberia: Two for One

Himmelstein and Singapore are in the main trophy list; Siberia is part of Additional Expansions.

They are easy to complete; the only hard party is getting matched as the MP was never well populated.

Is having a save on the physical Season 1 game enough to unlock the legacy missions in 2? I will buy these eventually on PS4 when I get one/a PS5, but only for deep discounts/physical.

100%ed S1 and S2 plus all DLC and all Challenges on PC, very, very good games and looking forward to number 3. Definitely not buying it new on PS though, the games on PC I bought for around 30 quid each from key sites.

Edited by Golem25

40 minutes ago, tak_106 said:

what other trophies require the MP?

There are only three trophies, I believe, all in the Sniper Assassin missions.

Himmelstein: Deadly Duo

Singapore: Double Trouble

Siberia: Two for One

Himmelstein and Singapore are in the main trophy list; Siberia is part of Additional Expansions.

They are easy to complete; the only hard party is getting matched as the MP was never well populated.

Cheers man. Been looking at some vids to try and figure out how to do them for when I can get a co-op partner. So its basically about taking 10 guards out on each stage as well as the main targets?

Probably wasn't well used because adding hipsters to the Hitman series was a big no-no... HA! I jest of course.... OR DO I? Hmmmm curious *twists tash*

10 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Is having a save on the physical Season 1 game enough to unlock the legacy missions in 2? I will buy these eventually on PS4 when I get one/a PS5, but only for deep discounts/physical.

100%ed S1 and S2 plus all DLC and all Challenges on PC, very, very good games and looking forward to number 3. Definitely not buying it new on PS though, the games on PC I bought for around 30 quid each from key sites.

Well from what @BadRep24 posted earlier about H3, it seems it may come as a complete package of all three games. 

But in regards to your first question. If you have the first Hitman game for GOTY edition you can download the legacy pack for free. If you don't have it then you have to pay for it. Best bet is to load up your first Hitman game and go to the market page on the games dash and you will be able to see if you can get the legacy pack for free. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

What it really means is that if you own either HITMAN 2016 and/or HITMAN 2, you will either have access to the levels of these respective games you owned when HITMAN III will be released. However, if you only have HITMAN 2016 purchased, for instance, only the levels from HITMAN 2016 will be imported to HITMAN III.

In other words you have to pay for these legacy packs if you don't own these two games, just to play their maps on HIII.

"Players of our previous HITMAN games will be pleased to know that it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that they own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place."

It says "that they own", meaning you have to have either of these games to make it happen. However, it leaves a window of uncertainty, since the way they word it is ambiguous.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

What it really means is that if you own either HITMAN 2016 and/or HITMAN 2, you will either have access to the levels of these respective games you owned when HITMAN III will be released. However, if you only have HITMAN 2016 purchased, for instance, only the levels from HITMAN 2016 will be imported to HITMAN III.

In other words you have to pay for these legacy packs if you don't own these two games, just to play their maps on HIII.

"Players of our previous HITMAN games will be pleased to know that it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that they own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place."

It says "that they own", meaning you have to have either of these games to make it happen. However, it leaves a window of uncertainty, since the way they word it is ambiguous.

Cool beans. If I'm honest I got both Hitman GOTY and Hitman 2 at absolute bargains. H-GOTY cost me £7.99 with the free legacy pack. H2 Gold cost me £21.99 the other week in the sales. 

Just waiting for the last dlc pack to download then gonna get the prolog and contract stuff completed. Off work this coming weekend so will hopefully managed to find someone to partner up with to get the co-op trophies and then I can get back to enjoying the game at my own pace. Its a reason I friggin hate online trophies to begin with. Needing others and then also having a time window to get them done. Gah!

6 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cool beans. If I'm honest I got both Hitman GOTY and Hitman 2 at absolute bargains. H-GOTY cost me £7.99 with the free legacy pack. H2 Gold cost me £21.99 the other week in the sales. 

Just waiting for the last dlc pack to download then gonna get the prolog and contract stuff completed. Off work this coming weekend so will hopefully managed to find someone to partner up with to get the co-op trophies and then I can get back to enjoying the game at my own pace. Its a reason I friggin hate online trophies to begin with. Needing others and then also having a time window to get them done. Gah!

As much as I loved the current Hitman games, it's the way they market it that gives me pause. Their marketing team is like on drugs, because in H2, you are forced to buy separate level packs, such as the India level.

Edited by BadRep24

2 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

As much as I loved Hitman, it's the way they market it gives me pause. Their marketing team is like on drugs, because in H2, you are forced to buy separate level packs, such as the India level.

I think what it may have been is that originally they wanted to do single player but as we all know, the SP games money fizzles out after a few weeks after launch. After that its just pockets here or there of sales and so they wanted the best way to keep money flowing into the company. Thats all I can think of the reason any how. But its a very brutal way of doing it and could indeed back fire on them. I'm actually dreading what H3 will be like though because they add more and more to the MP side of the game. 

Oh by the way. For whatever reason, once I started downloading the dlc, I was able to select delete from trophy list. Not sure why it seemed to be time based or if it was a piece of content it needed. 

44 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I think what it may have been is that originally they wanted to do single player but as we all know, the SP games money fizzles out after a few weeks after launch. After that its just pockets here or there of sales and so they wanted the best way to keep money flowing into the company. Thats all I can think of the reason any how. But its a very brutal way of doing it and could indeed back fire on them. I'm actually dreading what H3 will be like though because they add more and more to the MP side of the game. 

Oh by the way. For whatever reason, once I started downloading the dlc, I was able to select delete from trophy list. Not sure why it seemed to be time based or if it was a piece of content it needed. 

And more unnecessary trophies they're going to shoehorn into HIII, which I hope it won't happen. H2 had like 146 trophies (125 in base + 21 in additional). I'm going to assume they're going to include trophies from H1 & H2, as well.

Edited by BadRep24

1 hour ago, BadRep24 said:

And more unnecessary trophies they're going to shoehorn into HIII, which I hope it won't happen. H2 had like 146 trophies (125 in base + 21 in additional). I'm going to assume they're going to include trophies from H1 & H2, as well.

I love a huge trophy list as long as its not got MP trophies, I really hate those. I'm older than white dog shit now, so gaming is still all about fun, but being older I do tend to need more goals to go for in games. Long gone are the days when I could play GTA games and spend hours just crashing around, as at my age now that would be like playing with a toy rather than getting involved with gaming entertainment. If you get where I am coming from. 

I suppose it comes down to the gap between which you play the games too. So a few weeks back I got the 100% for Hitman. I then played Metro Exodus to completion and now I have moved onto Hitman 2. So in a way having to do the legacy maps isn't too big a chore, but if I played them back to back then I'm pretty sure it would drive me nuts.  And again with MP trophies, you have to wonder if they will add the H2 MP trophies to H3. That could be a major pain in, up and all around the arse. 

Well I just got the prologue contract trophies which require online and then I thought I'd go give Himmlestein a go. After 2 minutes a gamer joined and pretty much carried me through the mission and I got the deadly duo trophy. Tried the next map but no one joined after 10 minutes so calling it a night. Got the coming weekend off so will hopefully get them done then. 

I'm glad it has the sniper stuff though. In the 2016 Hitman game it felt like sniping got left out other than the odd challenge, so to have some sniper maps is cool. Are these maps involved with the main story or are they just spin-off type episodes, both single and multiplayer maps?

1 minute ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I love a huge trophy list as long as its not got MP trophies, I really hate those. I'm older than white dog shit now, so gaming is still all about fun, but being older I do tend to need more goals to go for in games. Long gone are the days when I could play GTA games and spend hours just crashing around, as at my age now that would be like playing with a toy rather than getting involved with gaming entertainment. If you get where I am coming from. 

I suppose it comes down to the gap between which you play the games too. So a few weeks back I got the 100% for Hitman. I then played Metro Exodus to completion and now I have moved onto Hitman 2. So in a way having to do the legacy maps isn't too big a chore, but if I played them back to back then I'm pretty sure it would drive me nuts.  And again with MP trophies, you have to wonder if they will add the H2 MP trophies to H3. That could be a major pain in, up and all around the arse. 

Well I just got the prologue contract trophies which require online and then I thought I'd go give Himmlestein a go. After 2 minutes a gamer joined and pretty much carried me through the mission and I got the deadly duo trophy. Tried the next map but no one joined after 10 minutes so calling it a night. Got the coming weekend off so will hopefully get them done then. 

I'm glad it has the sniper stuff though. In the 2016 Hitman game it felt like sniping got left out other than the odd challenge, so to have some sniper maps is cool. Are these maps involved with the main story or are they just spin-off type episodes, both single and multiplayer maps?

Sniper levels are not part of the main story. They are completely separate matters of their own.

• Like 1

" Been looking at some vids to try and figure out how to do them for when I can get a co-op partner. So its basically about taking 10 guards out on each stage as well as the main targets?  "

Well as you've seen by now, it's just the main targets and save the hostages (in Singapore). 

i really liked the sniper maps and enjoyed perfecting runs through them all.  The aiming and shooting mechanics are pretty smooth.  Multiplayer was badly conceived though.  No way to communicate with your partner and agree on a strategy.  I'd start out silently killing guards and hiding bodies, and the partner would just blaze away, starting a panic, everyone running for the exits, etc.  No fun.  Thank God you don't have to complete MP in Silent Assassin.

1 hour ago, tak_106 said:

" Been looking at some vids to try and figure out how to do them for when I can get a co-op partner. So its basically about taking 10 guards out on each stage as well as the main targets?  "

Well as you've seen by now, it's just the main targets and save the hostages (in Singapore). 

i really liked the sniper maps and enjoyed perfecting runs through them all.  The aiming and shooting mechanics are pretty smooth.  Multiplayer was badly conceived though.  No way to communicate with your partner and agree on a strategy.  I'd start out silently killing guards and hiding bodies, and the partner would just blaze away, starting a panic, everyone running for the exits, etc.  No fun.  Thank God you don't have to complete MP in Silent Assassin.

Yeah I saw something about hostages in the briefing. How is it you do that stage because from the vid I couldn't tell what was going on. Do you have to kill the main targets within a certain time or are they stood near hostages and you have to carefully shoot? The other map had another demand but can't remember what it was off the top of my head, it was the Siberia map I think.

5 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I saw something about hostages in the briefing. How is it you do that stage because from the vid I couldn't tell what was going on. Do you have to kill the main targets within a certain time or are they stood near hostages and you have to carefully shoot? The other map had another demand but can't remember what it was off the top of my head, it was the Siberia map I think.

In all Sniper Map missions, it's not just the main targets. You have to kill their guards, as well.