(Marginally) easier EX Hard Batting strategy

Merco

Assuming you've negated the lack of crosshair on EX Hard with Blu-Tack (other stickers are available), there's still the challenge of actually scoring 1800 points or higher. I've still yet to crack this minigame, but I have realised that you can have a 3-ball leeway before you have to restart (assuming that you hit the 10-ball bonus target, that is).

It all boils down to the pattern you go with - after clearing 9 balls and hitting the target, the board will be reset and you'll have 1280 points.

• If you go with a 'plus' shape (e.g 2-5-8, then 4 & 6, then the corner squares), you'll can only miss two balls if you want to get 1800 or higher.
  • If you go in an X shaped pattern, however, the arrangement of panels means that you can now miss a third ball and still go on to clear 1800. An example is 1-5-9, then 3 & 7 - assuming that you can hit two more panels, you'll be able to clear 1800 points in 17 balls, not 18 as with the above pattern.

It's not much, but hopefully this helps some people to clear this fiendish challenge quicker!

Edited by Merco
  • Like 3

I just got this mini game out of the way; needless to say it was a pain in the ass. This will likely help out other players.

One thing worth noting is that memorizing the ball speed before each swing helps tremendously. It typically alternates between fast and slow. The swing times are significantly different with the ball speed, either needing to swing near immediately or waiting a few seconds.

Edited by FearElemental
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, FearElemental said:

I just got this mini game out of the way; needless to say it was a pain in the ass. This will likely help out other players.

One thing worth noting is that memorizing the ball speed before each swing helps tremendously. It typically alternates between fast and slow. The swing times are significantly different with the ball speed, either needing to swing near immediately or waiting a few seconds.

I can second this as a good strategy - the pattern of balls/speeds is the same every time, so if you have a list you can at least be slightly prepared for the next ball.

For EX Hard, it's as follows - 

1. Fastball (fast) 2. Curveball (slow) 3. Sinker (fast) 4. Fastball (slow) 5. Sinker (fast) 6. Curveball (slow) 7. Sinker (fast) 8. Sinker (slow) 9. Curveball (medium) 10. Fastball (fast) 11. Sinker (medium) 12. Curveball (medium) 13. Curveball (medium) 14. Fastball (medium) 15. Fastball (fast) 16. Sinker (slow) 17. Curveball (fast) 18. Sinker (fast) 19. Fastball (slow) 20. Fastball (fast)

n.b Fastballs come in a straight line from the 'pitcher', sinkers curve around to Kiryu's right and curveballs curve around to Kiryu's left. I've finally beaten this ghastly minigame, but had the most difficulty with slow curveballs and fast sinkers.

On 02/07/2020 at 4:12 AM, Merco said:

I can second this as a good strategy - the pattern of balls/speeds is the same every time, so if you have a list you can at least be slightly prepared for the next ball.

For EX Hard, it's as follows - 

1. Fastball (fast) 2. Curveball (slow) 3. Sinker (fast) 4. Fastball (slow) 5. Sinker (fast) 6. Curveball (slow) 7. Sinker (fast) 8. Sinker (slow) 9. Curveball (medium) 10. Fastball (fast) 11. Sinker (medium) 12. Curveball (medium) 13. Curveball (medium) 14. Fastball (medium) 15. Fastball (fast) 16. Sinker (slow) 17. Curveball (fast) 18. Sinker (fast) 19. Fastball (slow) 20. Fastball (fast)

n.b Fastballs come in a straight line from the 'pitcher', sinkers curve around to Kiryu's right and curveballs curve around to Kiryu's left. I've finally beaten this ghastly minigame, but had the most difficulty with slow curveballs and fast sinkers.

Sometimes I call them stinkers, cause when I missed it would stink. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/6/2020 at 4:26 PM, Merco said:

Assuming you've negated the lack of crosshair on EX Hard with Blu-Tack (other stickers are available), there's still the challenge of actually scoring 1800 points or higher. I've still yet to crack this minigame, but I have realised that you can have a 3-ball leeway before you have to restart (assuming that you hit the 10-ball bonus target, that is).

It all boils down to the pattern you go with - after clearing 9 balls and hitting the target, the board will be reset and you'll have 1280 points.

• If you go with a 'plus' shape (e.g 2-5-8, then 4 & 6, then the corner squares), you'll can only miss two balls if you want to get 1800 or higher.
  • If you go in an X shaped pattern, however, the arrangement of panels means that you can now miss a third ball and still go on to clear 1800. An example is 1-5-9, then 3 & 7 - assuming that you can hit two more panels, you'll be able to clear 1800 points in 17 balls, not 18 as with the above pattern.

It's not much, but hopefully this helps some people to clear this fiendish challenge quicker!

When I did this challenge on ex hard. I used some scotch tape as replacement of the gunsight to aim at panel board. Select a difficulty to set the scotch tape on your monitor and play it on ex hard, I did it on the first try. ?

11 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

What did you guys use on your TV? I really do not want to damage my tv lol

I used a tiny piece of blu tack on the middle of the crosshair - other things are available but I can't vouch for whether they'll leave a mark or not. Blu tack just left a small smudge on my screen, which I was able to remove afterwards using a cloth.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

What did you guys use on your TV? I really do not want to damage my tv lol

I hung earplugs from top of my TV so earplug bud would be at the place of crosshair. No need to tape anything on the screen itself.

• Like 1