is this really a 7/10 difficulty for platinum?

the trophy guide rated it so on the other site. was thinking about grabbing it, its currently on sale.

i platinum'd both X collections which were rated a 5/10 by the same person who made the guide for this. didn't find those too bad, besides X3 being pretty tough, and the games in the 2nd collection having infuriating moments, especially X7 in general and saving reploids in that game. -shivers-

It would really depend if you are going to use the Casual Scenario Mode which makes the game easier. The game itself is not that hard(maybe 5/10 in general) but it has few trophies that you might find difficult to get while playing on Normal Mode. E.g. Ice Breaker requires you to maintain an A rank and the earliest you could get this trophy is after 5 specific stages(which made me stall the game for a while -well, until now). Also, unlike the other MegaMan games, you might need to grind if you want better weapon(s).

In general, if you like Megaman games, I'd say you go for it. It has fun games.

Edited by JaM

Maybe 7/10 could be a little bit excessive. I think is harder than the X1 collection, but the save assist mode in Zero/ZX is really helpful! I found Zero 1 the hardest among the collection, followed by some annoying bosses in Zero 2 (like the Phoenix). But they don't ask you to collect everything in these games (like the previous X games). For example, in these games you have cyber-elves, chips and disks, but no one requires a 100% completion (except some games, like the ZX and ZX Advent for chips and sub tanks).

Also, the Zero games have a rank system: at the end of the level you receive a rank (from S to... F?:hmm:) due to what you've done in that level, lime time spent, enemies killed, damage taken, etc. In the first two games you need to keep a A-rank for a couple of trophies (like copying an Ex skill in Zero 2 and kill the ice dragon in the Leviathan boss from Zero 1 + access to Ciel's room), but after these games you can completely ignore the rank.

What else? The Z-chaser! Maybe is this one that increase sthe difficulty level to 7/10. Speedrun through 12+1 levels where you need to acquire S rank against a "ghost", but some levels are long, like the last one (17 minutes!)

I didn't play many Mega Man games: only 11, X collection, and the Zero/ZX, but the Zero games are my favourite! :)

The only thing that really makes this a 7/10 would be Running the Gauntlet. The times are generous but you still have to know your shit. It's really helpful to be able to actually watch the record holders runs in the game itself too. I suck at things like this, and the tensing up I tend to do in anything speed related isn't great on my neck/shoulder, so I did a few levels and decided I wasn't going to go further. I watched the fastest run times months ago when I was playing and they were just absolutely insane.

All in all this is harder than the X Legacy Collections but not by much really. These legacy collections could have been brutal in the most heinous of ways but I think due to the fact that it's a bunch of games in one list they had to tone it down.