Separate DLC Guides are a huge problem

ChaoticDoomOfBob

In normal circumstances since the launch of Trophies with the PS3, most DLC trophies were separate experiences usually through a confined expansion or added pieces of content that would not interfere with the Base Game Trophies. Yet as we move into the PS5, this is no longer becoming the case with every game. Warframe is one of these rare circumstances where the DLC Update trophies have impacted the Core Base Game list. When obtaining trophies in Warframe, you cannot through normal game play complete the Base Game Trophy list without obtaining DLC trophies (unless spending micro transaction currency). Obtaining trophies in order by DLC release is also impossible as many later DLC trophies are accessible way before older ones. This is because the DLC Update trophies add new game modes, items, quests, and additional content throughout the entire player Progression path of Warframe. Remasters and Revisions to older content add new and required content even at the very start of the game. In this way, DLC update 15 trophies will be required and obtained before DLC Update 8 trophies. Weapons such as Hammers and Daggers required for the Base Game trophies are not accessible for free until much later in the game with many DLC Update trophies being obtained in the process. When you have a game that builds all of its trophies out of order to when they become available including the trophies in the same DLC Update list, trying to sort through 30 separate guides to determine when a trophy should be earned becomes a massive problem to someone attempting to obtain them. In other regards, having separate guides created by different people regarding content in a game that is constantly changing creates a problem where different guides will provide outdated information to other guides which creates even more conflict to those trying to read them. Warframe is not a complicated game to earn trophies for, however our way of viewing how to unlock them can be. Not every game can be separated any more between Base Game and DLC. Especially when the DLC content is updated into the Base Game content for Free. 

• Like 1

Warframe has had consistent updates for the past 5 years and almost every major update has an impact on the trophies in this game.  Good luck getting a single person/people to constantly update and modify a singular guide for every update.  It was a massive undertaking the first time to even make a guide for the "base game" much less what it would require now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That's where I can help :). Our Guide on .org does exactly what the OP wants and has everything in one place and is updated on a regular basis :): https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/warframe/guide/

While true, the .Org guide is still sorted by update release and not by when trophies become available. It still creates confusion to those trying to determine the order of unlocking trophies and which ones to go for in that order.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

12 hours ago, Quikdrawjoe said:

Warframe has had consistent updates for the past 5 years and almost every major update has an impact on the trophies in this game.  Good luck getting a single person/people to constantly update and modify a singular guide for every update.  It was a massive undertaking the first time to even make a guide for the "base game" much less what it would require now.

I appreciate one of the original guide writers responding. I have been compiling an all inclusive step by step guide on every required trophy, quest, location, and game mode in order from start to end completion with an Index for reference to all major components of the game. So far I have invested around 60 hours in verifying my information and writing the guide in a format that can be updated as needed. I have hope that this will solve some problems and confusion that others have experienced with having this lists format, multiple guide problem, and out of order trophies which you seem to be well aware of. This has also been a massive undertaking that I have dedicated myself to updating over time as needed and hope to have it reviewed soon. I hope that this brings awareness to the issue of having multiple guides for certain types of games and can positively push trophy guides forward to make for a better and more understandable guide experience. 

10 hours ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

I appreciate one of the original guide writers responding. I have been compiling an all inclusive step by step guide on every required trophy, quest, location, and game mode in order from start to end completion with an Index for reference to all major components of the game. So far I have invested around 60 hours in verifying my information and writing the guide in a format that can be updated as needed. I have hope that this will solve some problems and confusion that others have experienced with having this lists format, multiple guide problem, and out of order trophies which you seem to be well aware of. This has also been a massive undertaking that I have dedicated myself to updating over time as needed and hope to have it reviewed soon. I hope that this brings awareness to the issue of having multiple guides for certain types of games and can positively push trophy guides forward to make for a better and more understandable guide experience. 

Good on you, once you finish, I'd recommend publishing it although I'm out of touch on what the requirements for guides are.  It would be super beneficial to have a comprehensive guide for this game.  60 hours in can see why this hasn't been done before.

• 4 weeks later...

My guide is complete and under review at the moment but I am already needing to make adjustments after the announcements today during the yearly convention. Some of the game mode locations to acquire trophies are being moved to different areas of the game and the introduction quest line is going to be completely different starting on the 25th. I will be editing the game changing information that was announced today into the new guide and will have to wait and see what else has changed when the new trophies and content are added.