5000 Achievements

BadRep24

https://store.steampowered.com/app/712010/Chevo_Lurker_Exodus/

Think Zup games have 1,000+ achivements? This one takes the icing on the cake. I literally had to scroll down to look at the list, and it was all carbon copies of the same achievement. And no kidding, the achievements will slowly pop out the moment you start the game 2 seconds later.

If this game, with 5000 achievements, was even released on PS4 or the Vita, the autopops would go crazy. This would completely destroy someone's completion percentage in an instant.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

I've seen these games pop up a lot, just basic RPG maker shit that was only made to sell achievements. There's only 2 monsters in the game and one line of dialogue lmao. I looked at one of the reviews and one said they highly recommend buying this if you're a achievement hunter....I'm sorry, but if you are a achievement hunter then you should stay clear of crap like this, we give Ratalaika Games a lot of shit on this forum for staining profiles, if I downloaded one of these "cheevo" games off of Steam I'd never share it with anyone, I'd be to ashamed. 

6 hours ago, Venocide said:

I've seen these games pop up a lot, just basic RPG maker shit that was only made to sell achievements. There's only 2 monsters in the game and one line of dialogue lmao. I looked at one of the reviews and one said they highly recommend buying this if you're a achievement hunter....I'm sorry, but if you are a achievement hunter then you should stay clear of crap like this, we give Ratalaika Games a lot of shit on this forum for staining profiles, if I downloaded one of these "cheevo" games off of Steam I'd never share it with anyone, I'd be to ashamed. 

I had Steam and pretty much purchased Zup!, which was a terrible idea. I loved Plague Inc. Evolved, despite the game having 211 achievements, which is a stark contrast to the PS4 version. Heh, Payday 2's achievements are much more than both PS4 and XB1 combined, which is 1000.

Edited by BadRep24

14 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

That's 10k seconds.  Or 166-ish minutes.  Almost three hours.  For 5001 (gotta remember the plat) trophies.

Your PS4 or Vita would already start to heat up before 120 minutes or so. :lol:

Edit: Oh wait, no. It will inundate you with the same pop-up sound for 3 hours, which is like giving you the brain fart.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 3

https://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Games.php?DisplayType=Achievements

There's still a few out there that have over 5000 from before Steam put in the limit.  Though I will say not all of those games with 1000+ achievements are terrible.  The Zup games are actually pretty fun and there's some in the range of 1000-2000 achievements that aren't easy 100%s and have a ton of content.  However, I really feel Steam should have capped the number of achievements much lower.  2000 is the absolute max I'd think is needed, and I honestly think it should be more like 500.  Allowing 5000 achievements in a game also allows devs to milk players with DLC for years on end and that's far more obnoxious than releasing one crappy game with 5000 achievements.

However, I am glad that Sony gives enough of a damn about quality that they limit total trophies much much lower so we won't get most of these sorts of games.  Don't blame them for doing it because that can be a huge load to the PSN databases and they likely would need to improve upon their system to even be able to handle masses of trophies like that because the first games on Steam with 1000+ achievements actually had problems with their game crashing due to the large number of achievements and actually had to cut their list down.

28 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

https://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Games.php?DisplayType=Achievements

There's still a few out there that have over 5000 from before Steam put in the limit.  Though I will say not all of those games with 1000+ achievements are terrible.  The Zup games are actually pretty fun and there's some in the range of 1000-2000 achievements that aren't easy 100%s and have a ton of content.  However, I really feel Steam should have capped the number of achievements much lower.  2000 is the absolute max I'd think is needed, and I honestly think it should be more like 500.  Allowing 5000 achievements in a game also allows devs to milk players with DLC for years on end and that's far more obnoxious than releasing one crappy game with 5000 achievements.

However, I am glad that Sony gives enough of a damn about quality that they limit total trophies much much lower so we won't get most of these sorts of games.  Don't blame them for doing it because that can be a huge load to the PSN databases and they likely would need to improve upon their system to even be able to handle masses of trophies like that because the first games on Steam with 1000+ achievements actually had problems with their game crashing due to the large number of achievements and actually had to cut their list down.

When did they change the limit, though?

Edited by BadRep24

3 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

When did they change the limit, though?

The 5000 achievement limit was added some time ago, googling it real quick, that was in July 2017, but the existing games didn't have to remove achievements to fall within the new limit so there are still some games in the store with over 5000 achievements.  The interesting thing is that it was actually a very short period where going over 5000 achievements was doable because for a long time too many achievements actually would cause the game to crash.  The first game to go over 1000 achievements was Tales of Maj'Eyal and they had actual issues with the game crashing and had to cut achievements so the game would work.  Early 2017 was the time period where more than 1000 finally became doable and devs took advantage of it until Steam added a hard and fast limit.

6 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

The Mexican Dream has just under 11K achievements. 

What the fuck? That pretty much looks worse than the 5000 achievements I mentioned. Well, I'm pretty much unsurprised when its one achievement is later a carbon copy of all 10,978 achievements.

This has been going on for a while. Steam achievements became trash with Zup being one of the first. There are an insane amount of games that autopop achievements (just open the game and you get 5k achievements), it got progressively worse over the years. People with over 1 million achievements is not a rare sight these days. 

5 minutes ago, ZoutjeNL said:

This has been going on for a while. Steam achievements became trash with Zup being one of the first. There are an insane amount of games that autopop achievements (just open the game and you get 5k achievements), it got progressively worse over the years. People with over 1 million achievements is not a rare sight these days. 

Steam's quality control is blown off the window. That's why theese kinds of games are common. Their inability to control the plague of cheevo games totally makes it worse. Zup and other cheevo games have completely tainted Steam's own store. I had one Zup game on my Steam account and instantly regretted it.

Edited by BadRep24

• 5 weeks later...

Count me in on the 1.000.000+ cheevo club on Steam... These spam games occured the first time during summer 2017 and Valve took action roughly one year later with "restricting" new games and making them only visible on your profile (game & achievement count) after a certain number of people purchased the "game". Due to the fact that many of these games that have been released afterwards are still "restricted" indicates that the actions undertaken by Steam/Valve have worked. Sony has allowed some trashy games with multiple stacks as well and it will be interesting if and how long they will tolerate this. On the other side they make quite some bucks with distributing these products and as long as people are interested in this, there is a market.