PS4 Chatpad?

Dreakon13

So I guess little attachable keyboards are a thing for PS4 controllers.

Like this:

61-Ip4tsx3L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I've been trying to work an external keyboard while playing FFXIV with varying degrees of success (putting the controller down to type in most gameplay situations is bad).

I'm not sure if this will be better, probably has it's own comfortability/reliability issues.  Just curious if anyone uses anything like it, or has any recommendations of good ones?

Edited by Dreakon13

I have several of the PS3 version for the DualShock 3 and they're fantastic little devices. The PS3 version alternates between a touchpad (like the one build into the DS4) or the keypad, but it goes on top of the controller. If this is anywhere near as good, it'd be worth picking up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If this is anywhere near as good, it'd be worth picking up.

There are a few on Amazon with mixed reviews, so I dunno which is best or recommended... but glad to hear that in general they seem to be useful. :)

23 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

There are a few on Amazon with mixed reviews, so I dunno which is best or recommended... but glad to hear that in general they seem to be useful. :)

I will say that my PS3 version is Sony branded and I didn't know there were so many 3rd party manufacturers making the PS4 version. Quality looks very hit or miss.

I'm playing a lot of ESO recently and I was thinking about getting a chatpad too. I already did some research and I think I will go with the one by Artion. It has good reviews and it's cheap. Maybe it's also something for you.

This is the one I'm talking about: https://amzn.to/2Cvwf7k

If anyone has experience with this one or other chatpads, let me know.