The Residence Difficulty

Peneuvista

Have anyone troubles in order to pass the third DLC? I ve spent around an hour to go through the spotlight-gun section, when is just a five minutes section. Hard control, stupidly high peak compared with the rest of the level, or the base game. May be is just me. Great content, by the way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did it myself today, and yes real pain with the flashlight area and the door to open, that area seems more designed for co-operative play imo as the handle is so heavy.  I died several times though to those things, whatever they are.  Tarsier are sadists for wanting you to do the main game in under 1 hr and not die at the same time, both my loathed of all trophies to do separately let alone together.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just finding this thread a year later. Here are my thoughts:

As much as I loved the game's atmospheric visual and sound design, the unintuitive controls is what ended up leaving a sour memory for me when I finished the DLCs in the first game.

At first, being able to move around freely within a 2.5D environment sounds cool, but the depth perception tends to screw you over with Six or the Runaway Kid constantly running off pipes or into doorposts when trying to run away from the unpredictable AI.

Not to forget to mention the slow loading times and terribly cheap checkpoint system. There are times when you'd have to go through trial and error to see which path(s) tend to be safer to avoid insta-kills from the AI but as you do so, the checkpoints bring you so far back that the scare factor dissipates pretty quickly and turns into frustration with you having to re-do the same old steps to get you to where you were before you died prior.

Even as I started the DLCs soon after finishing the main story, I was already at a point where I just wasn't having fun anymore. In the end, all my interest in the lore and characters crumbled away as I just wanted to get as many trophies as I can before uninstalling it altogether.

In the Hideaway DLC, the chapter requires you to have a certain amount of gnomes to help you clear out obstacles but surprise surprise, sometimes their AI bugs out and you'd have to restart the checkpoint.

Also from what I've been reading in other forum posts, everyone's been reporting that the controls for the sequel is still pretty dog-s**t. So yeah. No plans to ever buy that or let alone re-install the first game in the hopes of attempting that no-deaths speedrun trophy.

On 28/07/2021 at 9:34 PM, dJordman said:

Still haven't completed the DLC because 3 years ago the spike in difficulty in this section threw me off.
May need to try again sometime soon. 

I remember watching CoryXKenshin's playthrough and it made me want to play the game for myself.

Honestly though in hindsight, given that this game's pros gets really bogged down by it's dog-s**t controls, I'm realizing now that there are just some games where watching someone else play them is much more enjoyable than actually playing it.

In my opinion, I think that Little Nightmares falls into that very same category.

Edited by chester_abellera