Did the violence actually succeed in making you uncomfortable?

On 13/11/2020 at 9:09 PM, da-Noob123 said:

Scene that broke my heart like Anakin broke Padme's heart is the end of the farm section... why Ellie, why?!

She says it when Dina tells her she doesn't owe anything to Tommy:

"I don't sleep, I don't eat...I'm not like you Dina"

Basically the life she's living on the farm is a nightmare not a dream, she's plagued by PTSD as we can see from that screaming cutscene and still obsessed with Joel (the first thing you see when the chapter starts is her staring at Joel's watch).

The fact that she doesn't sleep is apparent since she literally leaves bed in the middle of the night before deciding to go after Abby and the fact she doesn't eat is also apparent by how incredibly skinny she is now.

In her mind finding Abby and killing her is the only way to get rid of the pain she hasn't been able to get rid of for months so she leaves.

Edited by Lovenewton
added spoiler tags for interpretation

Part I was about surviving to live. Part II was about surviving to kill. You can't expect to have the same kind of involvement when there are two completely different motivations, one being darker. What matters is that they did a good job designing both games accordingly, even if the attempt to push you failed.

Edited by Swithop