Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is Rebirth 1 supposed to be localized for the US and EU? I want to get into the series but if a remake is coming might as well wait.

Or for those who can read Japanese and might have played it: is it worth waiting for this port versus actually playing the original?

I apologize for hijacking the thread on rebirth 2's announcement to ask these questions.

Edited by Bucknerd

Is Rebirth 1 supposed to be localized for the US and EU? I want to get into the series but if a remake is coming might as well wait.

Or for those who can read Japanese and might have played it: is it worth waiting for this port versus actually playing the original?

I apologize for hijacking the thread on rebirth 2's announcement to ask these questions.

The port is the better version as it fixes combat and better visuals.  Definitely get the vita version, I don't recommend playing the first one on ps3.  

Edited by EIPsyCongroo

From what I can tell of Rebirth, it seems completely different from HDN1 in terms of gameplay. It takes up Victory's mechanics and offers a lot more characters+dialogue. It's more like a retelling than a remake. Many people seem to hate the first game but I enjoyed it, if you can get past the gameplay it has it's charm.

Both Rebirth's have high chances of being localized, it might take a while though. Right now NISA is working on Idol PP.

If you want to get into Neptunia try Victory or MK2. You'll have plenty of time to finish them before Rebirth comes out.

Edited by AtlasBizarree

• 7 months later...