I can confirm that assist mode...

NeMeSiS850

Late to the party but very happy I finally found out about this god mode after hours and hours of struggling with certain bosses (Dr. Tomassi!) and this game in general.

I'm in the camp of "trophies don't mean anything other than what you ascribe to them and are about personal satisfaction and why not make them more accessible for more people to enjoy." There is no way to truly measure ultimate gamer skill via the trophy system. People have said that it used to be different (pre-in-game cheats). But I go back to the first video game I completed, Uncharted 1, as an older gamer c.2008, when trophies were first introduced. I struggled just to finish the main story on Easy the first time. After multiple playthroughs, I worked my way up to Crushing. There were a couple of areas I got stuck on and resorted to exploits or cheap ways to get through them. I also turned on infinite ammo and equipped the most powerful (essentially one-hit kill) weapon, as the in-game cheat system allowed. That platinum was no less satisfying for me when it popped (one of my first) after everything I had put into. Did what I, and others, did (using exploits and in-game cheats) diminish other gamers' Uncharted 1 plat? If so, it's always been that way since some of the very first games with trophies were released.

Now with Control, as many have pointed out, the combat is really unbalanced in places. There are cheap ways to get massively damaged. Ridiculous load times (PS4) and long pathways to return to certain areas. Not to mention losing a chunk of the basic "currency" that pays for upgrades. I'm well past post-main game and extremely leveled up. I've watched a dozen videos and still can't get close to beating Dr. Tomassi after at least 20+ attempts. I feel like I've paid my dues through hours and hours of gameplay. And now that these side-mission bosses have still not gotten any easier, I don't feel in the least that my platinum will be diminished by turning on immortality. As others have suggested, it's no different than using a guide to find the last collectibles. If you feel like you've done the best you can, or the best you care to do for that game, who cares how you do it? If you feel like you cheated yourself, then that's a good lesson and maybe you won't give up so easily next time. My $0.02.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Accessibility modes such as Assist mode in games are for gamers with disabilities.  People don't like a Challenge anymore? For example, Naughty Dog (Yes I know Control is a Remedy game) explicitly said the auto aim feature in Uncharted 4 was intended for disabled gamers. Quote from Naughty Dog:  "Accessibility means avoiding unnecessary barriers that prevent people with a range of impairments from accessing or enjoying your output." 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Achillies54 said:

Accessibility modes such as Assist mode in games are for gamers with disabilities.  People don't like a Challenge anymore? For example, Naughty Dog (Yes I know Control is a Remedy game) explicitly said the auto aim feature in Uncharted 4 was intended for disabled gamers. Quote from Naughty Dog:  "Accessibility means avoiding unnecessary barriers that prevent people with a range of impairments from accessing or enjoying your output." 

Ok but I don't think it matters or anyone should care if someone uses these settings, regardless of their own personal life. 

God forbid someone enjoy a game a different way than you do. 

• Like 1

Control was my favorite 2019 game and I bought it at launch, before god-mode and one shot kills. 

When I returned to get the stacks, years later, I used these features and it absolutely ruined the experience. 

Not judging, just stating my time with it. We trophy hunters tend to find the easiest and fastest way but this game really deserves a legit playthrough. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

Now all we need is the option for games to play for us and the trophy hunting community will truly prosper.

Yeah can I just get an assist mode called "give all trophies"?

That'd be so much easier