What am i doing wrong here

dannyswfc9

Hi.

Ive played loads of racing games i  my time. Im not the best or not the worst but the handling of alot of the cars on this game is horrendous. Feels like im constantly driving on ice. 

Annoying on pacesetter where a slip invalidates your entire go but its hard when your car spins on every turn or as soon as you put the throttle down. 

It feels like ive got 0 assists on but im playing on novice with traction on high.

Whats going on

Edit. On my speedometer it shows a car symbol on drift lines. Will that make any difference

Edited by dannyswfc9

2 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Hi.

Ive played loads of racing games i  my time. Im not the best or not the worst but the handling of alot of the cars on this game is horrendous. Feels like im constantly driving on ice. 

Annoying on pacesetter where a slip invalidates your entire go but its hard when your car spins on every turn or as soon as you put the throttle down. 

It feels like ive got 0 assists on but im playing on novice with traction on high.

Whats going on

Edit. On my speedometer it shows a car symbol on drift lines. Will that make any difference

Make sure you have brake, steering and stability off then in slower cars traction off and then maybe low or high traction as you progress, Always remember dont hammer the throttle until you are pointing straight then you won't slide around and also dont brake while turning.

14 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Make sure you have brake, steering and stability off then in slower cars traction off 

Wont this cause it to slide more. Ive never had a problem in other games. The starter car ive not had a problem (not far in career. Been knocking the online trophies and been on rivals). It seems to be the faster cars especially the one today on the daily rivals challenge

27 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Wont this cause it to slide more. Ive never had a problem in other games. The starter car ive not had a problem (not far in career. Been knocking the online trophies and been on rivals). It seems to be the faster cars especially the one today on the daily rivals challenge

Stability on is horrible i wouldn't have anything on apart from maybe a bit of traction depending on the car and you will get use to it just be light on the throttle coming out of corners and you won't slide unless you carried too much speed into the corner to begin with.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Stability on is horrible i wouldn't have anything on apart from maybe a bit of traction depending on the car and you will get use to it just be light on the throttle coming out of corners and you won't slide unless you carried too much speed into the corner to begin with.

Ill tinker with the settings. Cheers lightsp33d

5 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Hi.

Whats going on

This is mostly depend on exactly when it happening, but if nothing above will help, differential will help this 100 percent. Buy a part, and upgrade a car with it. Before the race go to tuning and buy a set up slot. In this menu roll to diff. menu. Put Preload at maximum and ramps to minimum, after that try how it feels and then adjust accordingly. What you saying is mostly Preload problem, but it creates heavy understeer in big number in trade of stability, so you need to find a sweet spot. Coast ramp lock is for the breaking lock, and power obviously for throttle.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

8 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

This is mostly depend on exactly when it happening, but if nothing above will help, differential will help this 100 percent. Buy a part, and upgrade a car with it. Before the race go to tuning and buy a set up slot. In this menu roll to diff. menu. Put Preload at maximum and ramps to minimum, after that try how it feels and then adjust accordingly. What you saying is mostly Preload problem, but it creates heavy understeer in big number in trade of stability, so you need to find a sweet spot. Coast ramp lock is for the breaking lock, and power obviously for throttle.

Can you buy parts for the cars on the rival challenges? My career starting cars have been fine but some of the faster cars for example yesterdays daily pacesetter was really hard to control. Think it was one of the porches

Edited by dannyswfc9

@dannyswfc9 I guess you can at some, you probably mean 935 race, and I didn't invested much time and didn't check set ups there, but in Formula E you can, so worth a look everywhere. In general race cars have a LSD on default.

Also note, if car spins out at high speed corners, than you need more rear downforce, if aero present in car, you need to adjust it instead.

Edited by Bloodytears1666
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

@dannyswfc9 I guess you can at some, you probably mean 935 race, and I didn't invested much time and didn't check set ups there, but in Formula E you can, so worth a look everywhere. In general race cars have a LSD on default.

Also note, if car spins out at high speed corners, than you need more rear downforce, if aero present in car, you need to adjust it instead.

Thank you for the quick replys. Yeah i think it was the 935. Ive just started with the game so i will need to get used to the setups. The other day the formula e cars handling wernt great either. This is ment to be a arcady racer and not a sim so i didnt think all these settings would mattter that much. 

Ive not had this much of a problem with other games. I can understand on a wet track but not a bone dry one. 

Edited by dannyswfc9

@dannyswfc9 Well, this all not necessary, the same as assistance, as all those features more usually leave car underperforming. Game still is much softer on you, than Project Cars 2, like in multiply times, but its original character present:). The best way to improve is to practice, have some good chilling times with a car you want to drive, before push it for a hot lap, feeling of it and how to control it will come naturally. I'm playing games like that regularly and sill have a lot of troubles even with cars I know very good, so it is ok to struggle.

@xXK-oZXx Yeah, I have checked today's first race, and there is no option unfortunately.