PS app

Aluminium_Sirius

Have a question: why when I play a game and then check, for instance in PS App or on PSN profile details (not here, Sony’s, under section „What is played?”) it merely shows a grayed out rectangle and not the game’s icon, and that’s even when the game is clearly available in the store? What’s wrong?

01.jpg02.jpg

03.jpg04.jpg

Oddly the fourth dude has it’s game shown with an icon. He’s also PLUS member. Is that the case? (anyway, it’s weird you can still buy PLUS membership for PS3 even though it gives you zero benefits, there got to be a warning notice when paying for it lol).

Same when checking your profile in PS App and searching under „Favouritie games” tab. Not a single game. How is that? lol

Anybody knowledgable?

None of those pictures were taken from the "ps app". Do you have pictures of how it look on the app? Oddly all my games show fine both on the site with browser; google chrome and on the app. It looks like your pages are loading real slow too or with issues hence those fuzzy images...

3 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

None of those pictures were taken from the "ps app". Do you have pictures of how it look on the app? Oddly all my games show fine both on the site with browser; google chrome and on the app. It looks like your pages are loading real slow too or with issues hence those fuzzy images...

:facepalm:

Original Poster used a filter to hide the names of his friend's IDs.

hello as far as I know there isn't a bug when you are on ps4 or ps app and a friend in your list is playing a ps3 game the game doesn't show the icon like ps4 games and psvita i think sony never update the app to be compatible with ps3 games for example if you are on ps3 playing and you check your friend list you don't see your friends online on ps4 playing, you just see friends who are playing ps3 games and the game they are playing and you can't add more than 100 friends so in my knowlegde sony never made ps3 functions compatibles with ps4 and vita so you don't see the game's icon when you check the profile in the app or ps4 or the ps3 friend list etc.

Edited by Zaros-QC
  • Like 2

I see... well thanks for the answer. It's odd Vita works seeing that VITA is quite like a handheld PS3. 

Anyway, deinstalling the app. They should have renamed it as „PS4 App” as nothing else than the fourth console is supported.

I hope they cancel/erase/destroy the app after the release of PS5 to decerase further division and discrimination in PS communities in general. 

Topic can be closed.