To Plow the Sea trophy

2 hours ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

What do you mean by "not a unique general"? Also, one guy already tried to retire the generals multiple times:

I mean, the requirement might be to activate all seven generals per game. And so three to ten games (which would be crazy, because a rare game lasts until the last epoch). 7 is the maximum number of Comandante generals a player can get per game.

Unique - this is unique either by name or by skill. And if you look at the Wiki, some generals have different skills in vanilla, in R&F and GS. There are ten unique generals by name and 13 by skill.

You can make a save for everyone. They may need to be activated in the same epoch where they were obtained (I didn't check that for sure).

Maybe the counter gets lost when the game exits.

I have vanilla saves. With all the generals. Bolivia works in the base game.

In fact - the sea of options (that's the name of the achievement is very appropriate - plow the sea).

I'm going to check it out.

Edited by voxman90
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, voxman90 said:

Maybe, although I got the achievement immediately after four or more cities fell at the same time (before that, four also fell, but they did not fall simultaneously). And, one more detail, at first I tried to get an achievement at the first change of era.

I think this achievement may have a hidden condition that you go to the dark age from the Golden age, and not from the ordinary age to the dark age.

As for Bolivar. I like Great Columbia, but I would like to play with other civilizations as well.
Rechecking "To Plow the Sea" is a chore. I'm sure that the achievement also has a hidden condition. Or its description is completely incorrect.

Needless to say, the support service does not know exactly what you need to do for the achievement? I did 10 generals in the latest version. I did missing and ten generals when extensions are disabled (because in the standard version, some have different effect when activated). I even separately made the missing Comandante for Rise and Fall. All 13 are unique. I received them, I activated them.
If the game had a counter so that you could track the progress of achievements, it would make things a hundred times easier - you would immediately see what works and what doesn't.

I have a couple of guesses left. Maybe we are not talking about a unique Commander? What about getting and activating all 7's per game multiple times? But that's a hell of a lot of time. How many times do I have to do this? Two, five, ten?

In general, this is terrible.

You're doing the right thing. You vote with money - that's the voice they hear. But the fact that the players have been complaining for months - they don't care.

Great posts and welcome to the forum boards! It will be helpful when I take on the dlc’s, just hoping for a sale first. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voxman90 said:

I mean, the requirement might be to activate all seven generals per game. And so three to ten games (which would be crazy, because a rare game lasts until the last epoch). 7 is the maximum number of Comandante generals a player can get per game.

Unique - this is unique either by name or by skill. And if you look at the Wiki, some generals have different skills in vanilla, in R&F and GS. There are ten unique generals by name and 13 by skill.

You can make a save for everyone. They may need to be activated in the same epoch where they were obtained (I didn't check that for sure).

Maybe the counter gets lost when the game exits.

I have vanilla saves. With all the generals. Bolivia works in the base game.

In fact - the sea of options (that's the name of the achievement is very appropriate - plow the sea).

I'm going to check it out.

Well, if there are changes in the generals' skills between the base game and the expansions, then the game doesn't compute them as the same unit. So perhaps we are in the right track. The best way to try this is by playing without any dlc installed, so all the generals will be the vanilla ones.

Also, I don't think they need to be activated in the same era that we earn them. Probably it won't matter when you retire them, as long as they are the right units.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
  • Like 3

@voxman90

A couple questions about Thing Fall Apart.

When you lost your cities were they at full loyalty against you?

By that I mean your empire had zero loyalty pressure towards your lost cities?

I'm wondering if a "lost" city still counts if your empire has loyalty pressure against it.

Hopefully that question makes sense because I'm finding it hard to follow. :blink:

Also I've tried many times and spent many hours on this trophy that now I'm taking the fast route by playing Hot Seat and still not having much luck.

Not sure if Hot Seat will void the trophy at all

Edited by reiner-

I have checked on the Steam achievements for PC, there is a guide posted there. Not sure if this was tried yet on console?

This is taken from the Steam guide:

"However, there is a trick (only if you don't want to play entire game, going through eras) - you can keep starting new games (with Standard Rules selected) as Simón Bolívar, from any era later than Medieval one and you will get Comandante General at the start. Important note: you must activate all 10 Comandante Generals to get an achievement."

19 hours ago, Faio_92 said:

Any change after the new patch?

Nothing. 2k will not fix this. The only way is finding a workaround. As you can see in the comments, we are testing some ideas. Voxman90 gave me an idea that could work, but I don't know if he tried. If I had the game and the new frontier pass, I would make sure if there's a way or not.

6 hours ago, Heather342 said:

I have checked on the Steam achievements for PC, there is a guide posted there. Not sure if this was tried yet on console?

This is taken from the Steam guide:

"However, there is a trick (only if you don't want to play entire game, going through eras) - you can keep starting new games (with Standard Rules selected) as Simón Bolívar, from any era later than Medieval one and you will get Comandante General at the start. Important note: you must activate all 10 Comandante Generals to get an achievement."

I don't know. We already tried something similar. It's almost the same thing as getting every general in different matches and activating them at the same time. For now, I really think that if someone deletes every dlc, and tries to get the trophy with just the base game and the Colombia pack, it will probably work.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
  • Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 2:27 AM, KenpachiDaniel said:

Nothing. 2k will not fix this. The only way is finding a workaround. As you can see in the comments, we are testing some ideas. Voxman90 gave me an idea that could work, but I don't know if he tried. If I had the game and the new frontier pass, I would make sure if there's a way or not.

I don't know. We already tried something similar. It's almost the same thing as getting every general in different matches and activating them at the same time. For now, I really think that if someone deletes every dlc, and tries to get the trophy with just the base game and the Colombia pack, it will probably work.

Today I tried the "Things Fall Apart" with only the DLC needed for Dramatic Ages.

- Rise and Fall

- Byzantium and Gaul Pack

- Tech and Civic Shuffle Mode (Yes this is needed for Dramatic Ages for some reason).

Yeah no luck. Lost 7 cities and no trophy.

Will try "To Plow the Sea" next.

On 18.10.2020 at 8:08 AM, reiner- said:

@voxman90

A couple questions about Thing Fall Apart.

When you lost your cities were they at full loyalty against you?

By that I mean your empire had zero loyalty pressure towards your lost cities?

I'm wondering if a "lost" city still counts if your empire has loyalty pressure against it.

Hopefully that question makes sense because I'm finding it hard to follow. :blink:

Also I've tried many times and spent many hours on this trophy that now I'm taking the fast route by playing Hot Seat and still not having much luck.

Not sure if Hot Seat will void the trophy at all

Hello! It is strange that psnprofiles does not show forum activity, so I would have noticed the question earlier.

1) Some cities were completely loyal, some cities were not. Four completely loyal cities fell for sure.
2) Some of the cities did not have external pressure, they were internal.

3) I didn't understand the third question.

EditI figured out the question when I turned off the translator, lol. I have had cities that have not been pressured by the loyalty of other civilizations. These were the conquered cities of Japan. They had 100% loyalty, according to the loyalty filter, they were only influenced by my closest cities and they fell when entering the dark age (four or more).
In total, we have two contenders for hidden conditions: cities with full loyalty, without the influence of other civilizations, captured cities (this is unlikely, but it is absolutely certain that these cities do not have to be founded by you).

I looked at another site and updated the profiles of two other people who received the trophy.

Apparently, they got it by accident. Most likely, they also tried to win a military victory and didn't get to the Golden age near the end of the game (because there is a lot required).

Edited by voxman90
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, reiner- said:

When the game starts I built a city then moved the General to where he needs to be to be activated. BEFORE retiring him save the game.

Then retire the General and MAKE A DIFFERENT SAVE.  

Now you can restart the game where you may get a different General or create another game then repeat the above step.

MAKE SURE TO WRITE DOWN EACH GENERAL YOU RETIRE AS MOST OF THEM HAVE VERY SIMILAR NAMES AND IT'S VERY EASY TO MISS ONE.

Also credit to @KenpachiDaniel  as most of these methods used were his ideas.

It worked. Thanks.

Saving seems to allow you to count progress. It may be important to avoid repeating the generals. (I left only the necessary DLC, did not activate the same generals, used the old save.)

I'm sure I tried to activate ten generals in a row without repetitions, so the key factor is saving progress after each activation.

Edited by voxman90
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, reiner- said:

Can confirm "To Plow the Sea" is obtainable as it just popped for me.

After many hours of trying this is the method that worked.

• First disable all DLC content except for the Maya and Gran Colombia Pack
  • Single Player, create game, advanced setup

Not sure if these next steps matter but this is what I did anyway.

• Settler Difficulty
  • Medieval Era
  • Quick Game Speed
  • No Turn Limit
  • No Barbarians

Obviously choose Colombia as your civ and choose one opponent.

When the game starts I built a city then moved the General to where he needs to be to be activated. BEFORE retiring him save the game.

Then retire the General and MAKE A DIFFERENT SAVE.  

Now you can restart the game where you may get a different General or create another game then repeat the above step.

MAKE SURE TO WRITE DOWN EACH GENERAL YOU RETIRE AS MOST OF THEM HAVE VERY SIMILAR NAMES AND IT'S VERY EASY TO MISS ONE.

Also credit to @KenpachiDaniel  as most of these methods used were his ideas.

We did it. I can't believe that all we needed to do was playing without the other dlcs. Good job, everyone.

• Like 3

On 27.10.2020 at 1:54 AM, reiner- said:

Next I'll be trying "Things Fall Apart" with what information we have and hopefully have some luck.

@voxman90

When you got the trophy what DLC's did you have enabled and what difficulty did play on?

Thanks.

DLC: GS rule + all civ pack (without "Pirates")

Difficulty: King

Map type: Pangaea

Size: Standart

"Dramatic Ages"

Speed: Online

Civ: Gran Colombia

On 27.10.2020 at 0:45 AM, KenpachiDaniel said:

We did it. I can't believe that all we needed to do was playing without the other dlcs. Good job, everyone.

I activated the Comandante generals in the game without GS and RF before. And it didn't work.

And now I have included some DLC (with civilizations and scenarios).

I still tend to think that it is important either not to repeat, or to make saves. It would be great if a person without a trophy checked the functionality of the method with all DLC enabled (which, unfortunately, I did not immediately think to do, although I had saves).

• Like 2

On 28/10/2020 at 8:59 AM, voxman90 said:

I activated the Comandante generals in the game without GS and RF before. And it didn't work.

And now I have included some DLC (with civilizations and scenarios).

I still tend to think that it is important either not to repeat, or to make saves. It would be great if a person without a trophy checked the functionality of the method with all DLC enabled (which, unfortunately, I did not immediately think to do, although I had saves).

I would try this if I had the game. Unfortunately, even if the trophies are fully attainable now, it will take me some time to buy the game and test this.

But probably the issue is that you played with only GS and RF disabled, but with the other packs enabled. I know that it doesn't make sense, since only GS and RF adds different Comandante units and the other packs don't, but nobody knows how this trophy was programmed.

I still believe that the difference really is in disabling everything except for the Colombia pack, since everyone tried so much with all dlcs enabled and it didn't work.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty sure this has been fixed in the last few updates, because I did most generals on a duel map with all DLCs activated and then switched to the method described above where you restart the game and only have the Gran Colombia DLC activated. Got it after activating the last 4 generals, after activating the others while going for other trophies.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...