Almost there...

nickr_

So I've been trying to get the Almost There... trophy for at least an hour now in arcade/endurance mode and it just won't pop up. I tried hitting a checkpoint at the 1 sec mark, as well as 0:00 but to no avail.

I'm going to go on a limb and say, if this trophy isn't bugged, it can't be earned doing and endurance race (to only race mode to have checkpoints in arcade).

Yea I'm pretty sure I should have gotten this trophy too, a few times during endurance events in story modes, then a few times in endurance via arcade, I also plenty of of times tried manipulating it in arcade like stopping right before a checkpoint, then hitting the gas when it's on 1 second to go through... numerous times I've tried when I was SURE I'd got the trophy.. but I still didnt get the trophy. 

I dont wanna say it's bugged but I'm kinda stumped so, unfortunately it might be. 

I also cant get the 'complete every track' trophy, and I've got medals on all of them in arcade so... I'm stumped on that one too!

Edited by esstee11

10 minutes ago, Kozad said:

Hello, new 1.03 update has fixed the 'Almost there' trophy and Velox Impuls challenge difficulty :D Have fun everyone !

You managed to do the all the Grand-Prix? How? Some of the stages are almost impossible like the first endurance stage of the Impuls.

1 hour ago, Kozad said:

Hello, new 1.03 update has fixed the 'Almost there' trophy and Velox Impuls challenge difficulty :D Have fun everyone !

congrats on being the first plat achiever. So were there two glitched trophies? This is on my radar - overall what would you say was the difficulty?

2 hours ago, nickr_ said:

You managed to do the all the Grand-Prix? How? Some of the stages are almost impossible like the first endurance stage of the Impuls.

Yep this stage I was always reaching a checkpoint with 4 to 6 secondes left in first try and it worked :) I have to say I tried for a few hours to do the Velox Impuls challenge before the patch (11 000 points / 12 000 mehhh) so I knew the car a bit better xD For the rest of the GP, I remember struggling a bit with some endurance races (I think 2 of  them) but the other cars are ok and small mistakes dont mean retry every time ^^ (Even with the class A car with top acceleration, i did 360° drift at first lol).

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

congrats on being the first plat achiever. So were there two glitched trophies? This is on my radar - overall what would you say was the difficulty?

Thank you ! One was truly glitched, "Almost there", and the other "Complete Mastery" was unobtainable because of a endurance race - race against the clock, gain more time when reaching checkpoints- too difficult (timers started at 00:45 and it was at least 5 sec short for it being doable, now it's 01:20 and plenty room for enjoying the view). About difficulty, some races are 7/10, game should be imo 4 or 5/10. All cars are fun and not too difficult once you understand the drift mechanics for each one :)

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

Woooo and congrats Kozad for being first plat achiever!! 1f4aa.png :yay:

Thank you esstee11 !!! I saw the update and was like "this is now !!!" xDDD Game was so fuuuuuuun, cars go vroum vroum, tires go screeeeeee :yay: 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kozad said:

Yep this stage I was always reaching a checkpoint with 4 to 6 secondes left in first try and it worked :) I have to say I tried for a few hours to do the Velox Impuls challenge before the patch (11 000 points / 12 000 mehhh) so I knew the car a bit better xD For the rest of the GP, I remember struggling a bit with some endurance races (I think 2 of  them) but the other cars are ok and small mistakes dont mean retry every time ^^ (Even with the class A car with top acceleration, i did 360° drift at first lol).

Thank you ! One was truly glitched, "Almost there", and the other "Complete Mastery" was unobtainable because of a endurance race - race against the clock, gain more time when reaching checkpoints- too difficult (timers started at 00:45 and it was at least 5 sec short for it being doable, now it's 01:20 and plenty room for enjoying the view). About difficulty, some races are 7/10, game should be imo 4 or 5/10. All cars are fun and not too difficult once you understand the drift mechanics for each one :)

Thank you esstee11 !!! I saw the update and was like "this is now !!!" xDDD Game was so fuuuuuuun, cars go vroum vroum, tires go screeeeeee :yay: 

Thanks for the info. I will pick this up soon. Sounds like difficulty is on par with DriveClub. Some of those time trials were pretty tight too.

24 minutes ago, WOLFHEARTGUY said:

I’m still struggling on Viv’s story haha forget the Grand Prix part ??? Why is that the more expensive cars are the hardest to drive? Is that true in real cars, I’ve never owned a super car.

That's the car that barely turns when you first drift isn't it, resulting in car pinball on the walls for me.  Yeah I gave up on that story mode and did Edward's instead ?

Yea that’s the one. Although, looking at the stats for some of the other cars, it would seem there are worse handling cars that I’ll have to master for the Grand Prix. I hope the devs see these comments and see that only 1 person on PSN profiles has managed to beat the game and they lower the difficulty slightly. I’d like to see the cars handle better that’s all. I don’t know if many people will buy this game just because of the difficulty factor. Shame really, it’s a dope game!

• Like 2

@WOLFHEARTGUYI agree it is a dope game! But I'm thinking they probably won't lower the difficulty now as 2 people have got the plat so it is all doable with a ton of practice and skill!

Personally I'm stuck as hell on the HPE Dragon Endurance event of its Grand Prix. The only video online I've seen they go through the last checkpoint when the timer is on 0 seconds.. and I spoke to Kozad who said he also had to go through that checkpoint on 0 seconds so there is absolutely no space for error! It would be nice if there was at least 2-3 seconds leeway like most the other events but hey I can dream ?

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

They say ‘never say never’ but I’m saying I WILL NEVER get this Platinum. It’s not worth the stress for me. I’m moving on to another game. One that humans are capable of completing. I’m thinking of getting that MAYO game, I’ve heard this Platinum is just about doable.

Oh and @Kozad Yes I am saying you are not human ?

Edited by WOLFHEARTGUY

On 22/09/2020 at 4:52 PM, WOLFHEARTGUY said:

They say ‘never say never’ but I’m saying I WILL NEVER get this Platinum. It’s not worth the stress for me. I’m moving on to another game. One that humans are capable of completing. I’m thinking of getting that MAYO game, I’ve heard this Platinum is just about doable.

Oh and @Kozad Yes I am saying you are not human ?

lol yea I must admit I accepted defeat too at 1 trophy off plat, and moved on to another game. I picked something dumb to balance out the mad skill needed for the inertial drift grand prix's, .....fall guys. lol.
I tried my damnedest in that Dragon Endurance, hours, days, possibly about 200 attempts? Maybe many more?! I was always 1-2ish seconds out.  and so at that with hair pulled out I'm done. MAYBE I'll come back in about 6 months when my salt from constant failure washes away pahaa ? like I did for I Am Bread and that dastardly garden cheese hunt level! 

Edited by esstee11

14 hours ago, esstee11 said:

lol yea I must admit I accepted defeat too at 1 trophy off plat, and moved on to another game. I picked something dumb to balance out the mad skill needed for the inertial drift grand prix's, .....fall guys. lol.
I tried my damnedest in that Dragon Endurance, hours, days, possibly about 200 attempts? Maybe many more?! I was always 1-2ish seconds out.  and so at that with hair pulled out I'm done. MAYBE I'll come back in about 6 months when my salt from constant failure washes away pahaa 1f605.png like I did for I Am Bread and that dastardly garden cheese hunt level! 

yea I noticed you playing that and thought you e basically just swapped out one hair pulling, rage quittin game for another or do you actually have fun with Fall Guys? 

oh and thanks for unintentionally warning me about I Am Bread, spotted on Now and was gonna play... not now ? 

On 27/09/2020 at 1:25 AM, WOLFHEARTGUY said:

yea I noticed you playing that and thought you e basically just swapped out one hair pulling, rage quittin game for another or do you actually have fun with Fall Guys? 

oh and thanks for unintentionally warning me about I Am Bread, spotted on Now and was gonna play... not now 1f602.png 

I think I'm having fun with it.... though if one more f@#!!ker grabs me to make me fall off in the final jump showdown I'm gonna lose it!! ? 

Still only 2 plat achievers... Oof it is proving to be very tough for a lot of people then! That makes me feel a bit better, that I can't just put it down to my terrible womans driving skills haha 

Hi everyone, after doing some runs I was able to do 1:46'65 in practice for the HPE Dragon GP, Endurance City race.

For those who are struggling with this one, I would suggest to aim at 1:47'00 in arcade/practice and try to be consistent.

I'm pretty sure doing 1.46'00 is possible but it isnt necessary for the Grand Prix so dont bother :)

Some turns are very tricky and you could lose a bunch of time without even noticing so it's gonna require some attempts !

@esstee11 and @WOLFHEARTGUY you can do it :D !!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

Got the plat a few days ago, I think I did overall around 100 tries on the Dragon GP. Definitely the hardest thing in the game. Some other GPs are no cakewalk either.

Very rewarding plat in the end. 

My advice would be to keep practicing, you will get it eventually ! 

Edited by PapyChampy
Typo

• 5 months later...
On 21/09/2020 at 10:52 PM, WoLFHeART_aF said:

Yea that’s the one. Although, looking at the stats for some of the other cars, it would seem there are worse handling cars that I’ll have to master for the Grand Prix. I hope the devs see these comments and see that only 1 person on PSN profiles has managed to beat the game and they lower the difficulty slightly. I’d like to see the cars handle better that’s all. I don’t know if many people will buy this game just because of the difficulty factor. Shame really, it’s a dope game!

@WoLFHeART_aF it happened!! Yesterday a version update v1.04 landed which has lowered the difficulty of some events!!! Omg this made me so excited haha we have a better chance now! I'm gonna boot it up right away n see if I can actually get this last grand prix trophy now! ??

• Like 1