Game and trophy thoughts

REAPER4536

Trophy list looks pretty easy with just completing the game so here comes the interesting question. How did you like Praetorians? Are you looking forward to this game?
I played it when I was 5 or 6 and I was totally into the Roman Empire and so I enjoyed this game pretty much. So I defiantly get my hands on this game.

• Like 1

Yes, I do. I played this game nonstop when I was around 14-15 years old. My PC could barely play it, so I used arrow buttons to move the cursor most of time. One of the best real time strategy games I ever played. I think this is the only strategy game I saved every minute/small battle because I didn't want to lose my troops, so I kept them alive as long as I could until I could reach the last place/battle, then it was all-out-war. I tried to complete all missions on all difficulties; however, my troops couldn't survive in 2 Defense missions on Hard mode, the mission which the player has to defend the barrack in the forest, and one huge fortress in the desert. The cutscene was also great, especially the one which the battle started between Rome and Egypt army after the Egypt soldiers killed the prisoners.

Glad to see the trophy list available now, it means the game will be released soon. Hopefully, they won't change the releasing day again. I'm still waiting for Amazon to ship my order Commandos 2 and Praetorians HD Remaster Double Park.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa

I played this one when I was younger (12-16). I played it a lot and even had a mod to add extra factions (I believe Carthaginian, Parthian and Greek factions). I really had problems with the defence missions back then. But since the trophies don't have a difficulity factor it should be an easy 100% for most players. 
Since it is a pretty old but beloved game, there are pretty detailed walkthroughs available.

• 2 weeks later...

I completed the trophy list of NA version without encountering any glitch/issue. I will get EU version as well as Xbox One version once they are on sale since I love this game. Not sure if Asia version has physical version as well? Since I played this game nonstop when I was 14-15 years old, I still remember the good strategy how I completed these missions on all all difficulties, except 2 Defense missions on Hard mode so it should be easy 100% for me. Of course, if the game requires to beat all difficulties, it will be tough since it's not easy to control the army efficiently on console.

I had fun in the last battle. I tried to save my army as long as I could before an all-out-war at the end.

For first phase, use Catapult to destroy Iberian's camp (Gaul) from the high ground, then build another Catapult when you cross the water to destroy Mauretania's camp (Egypt), and then use the same Catapult to destroy Provincial Army Centurion's camp (Roman). Since enemy Gladiators hide in the forest and high vegetation, you can use Centurion to lure them out and then let the archers take care the rest. You should try not to kill the Green/Yellow/Orange colored enemy, just don't stay close to them then they won't bother to attack you since you need them as reinforcement later.

For second phase, you need to eliminate the enemy army in front of their fortress, just build a lot of Towers then let your long-ranged army in there, use Centurion to lure enemies, if you don't kill colored enemy other than Black ones then you should have enough long-ranged troops. Do not meet the allied army at the camp since the enemies will attack you, try to kill them all from the towers first.

NLZKBL0.jpg

For third phase, just enjoy all-out-war.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa

• 3 months later...