Car collector bug

kikakiki75

On 08/11/2020 at 5:14 PM, AMKrishnan said:

Just got this to pop. The save data trick didn't work for me after trying numerous times, but what did work was my friend trading me 5 cars and then it instantly popped. I had a win with all 11 cars you normally need, but as soon as I got ONE car from the trade, this trophy popped. I'm not sure if it was the one car that got it to pop or the five traded together, but just something for people to know in case they haven't tried this out.

Now all that's left is the Far, Far Away trophy and I've secured the plat!

1. Have a friend agree to trade with you
2. Have them trade ONE body/variant of body you have. You don't have to trade anything in return. My friend traded 5 cars and I didn't trade anything. I would advise to just have them trade 1 item as it may be the case only 1 new body is required for the trophy since it's been glitched.

3. Confirm that the trophy has unlocked after the trade has happened. If not then maybe it's 5 cars that are needed in the trade. As I said, my friend traded 5 car bodies (some were colour variants) and the trophy popped when I got the notification for the first car that was traded. 

4. If the trophy has unlocked, then it's up to what you and your friend have agreed to, but either keep it or trade it back if you specifically agreed to trade back after (which was the case with me and my friend as I didn't care about the new body).

5. If it hasn't worked, try it again but with 5 cars this time.

NOTE: I bought the DLC pack with the Endo car. That didn't do anything for unlocking the trophy.

I tried a different version of this: traded a car i already had to a friend, and made him trade me back the car to see if the trophy would pop. No success. I believe you have to collect a different car from the one you already had, altough i don't know anyone to trade from. 

If anyone have the kind soul to trade me a car i don't have and try this method, i can trade it back immediatly, and put up an pink endo i have from playing back in my PC days as an insurance, since i just want this trophy to pop 'cause it's the last one blocking me from the platinum for like a month now. Hit me up!

1 hour ago, Viqueeeez said:

I tried a different version of this: traded a car i already had to a friend, and made him trade me back the car to see if the trophy would pop. No success. I believe you have to collect a different car from the one you already had, altough i don't know anyone to trade from. 

If anyone have the kind soul to trade me a car i don't have and try this method, i can trade it back immediatly, and put up an pink endo i have from playing back in my PC days as an insurance, since i just want this trophy to pop 'cause it's the last one blocking me from the platinum for like a month now. Hit me up!

I recently got a Breakout sky blue body, would that one work? if so let me know.

12 hours ago, waszkagg said:

If you started playing RL when it became F2P you have to buy at least 500 credits for real money.

I got the game with ps+ years ago and started to play it with an old version (not the F2P one) AFTER it became F2P...

I will try to trade with friends to see if it works, thanks! :-)

But I won't pay for a trophy...

Edited by redcowhunter7371

21 hours ago, redcowhunter7371 said:

You have to pay for being able to trade with someone else, correct?

Nope. That would only apply if you want to trade credits. I didn't trade credits with my friend (as I said, I didn't trade anything!) and neither did he. 

15 hours ago, waszkagg said:

If you started playing RL when it became F2P you have to buy at least 500 credits for real money.

if you're referring to the ability to trade, then this isn't true (as mentioned above, you don't need credits to trade).

7 hours ago, Viqueeeez said:

Apologies as it's been a few days but I believe my friend traded me a colour variant of a car I already own. Either that or it was a new body I didn't have. It's one of the two!

9 hours ago, AMKrishnan said:

Nope. That would only apply if you want to trade credits. I didn't trade credits with my friend (as I said, I didn't trade anything!) and neither did he. 

if you're referring to the ability to trade, then this isn't true (as mentioned above, you don't need credits to trade).

You are wrong. You HAVE TO BUY at least 500 credits to start trading, regardless of whether you want to trade credits ...

as a proof:

https://ibb.co/thb21P4

https://ibb.co/ZXJXRmT

Edited by waszkagg

41 minutes ago, waszkagg said:

You are wrong. You HAVE TO BUY at least 500 credits to start trading, regardless of whether you want to trade credits ...

as a proof:

https://ibb.co/thb21P4

https://ibb.co/ZXJXRmT

Yeah you're right - if you started after it went F2P then you have to pay. If you were playing before it went F2P, you don't need credits. I had it before it went F2P hence why I wasn't aware of the credits requirement.

Source: https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015559674-How-do-I-trade-with-other-players-#:~:text=Purchased items can only be traded on the platform it was purchased.&text=To reduce fraud%2C players involved,are exempt from this requirement.

Edited by AMKrishnan

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 0:59 PM, GodlikeCat said:

I FREAKING GOT IT!!!! Here's EXACTLY what I did:

DISCLAIMER: I started playing after the game became free. I never ever played it on any other platform.

Deleting user data or reinstalling was not working for me.

DISCLAIMER 2: BE WARNED. It takes 30 days to change your primary account back to your original one. You've been warned

0. I was in the in-game settings while doing this

1. Go to rocketleague.com/activate
2. Make your Epic Games account your primary account
3. Backed out to see that I still had all my stuff except I was now level 1.
4. Closed the game, went to delete delete user data.
5. Opened the game

6. VOILA. The trophy popped out as soon as I opened the game

I think the problem with the trophy is syncing process with multiple platform
I play on ps4(main) and nintendo switch, back up - delete save game step not working for me
but, when I tried above step I got the trophy ?
thanksss 

• 2 months later...

I will give anyone every item i have if someone can just lend me cars and help me get car collector, im never going to play rocket league again so i really dont mind just letting you have it all, please, ive spent hours of time trying to pop car collector and it just wont work no matter the solution. I really dont want any of it, i got blueprints wheels boosts all sorts im actually really dont like competitive multiplayer for many years now so its all to give away.

20 hours ago, OnlyCass said:

I will give anyone every item i have if someone can just lend me cars and help me get car collector, im never going to play rocket league again so i really dont mind just letting you have it all, please, ive spent hours of time trying to pop car collector and it just wont work no matter the solution. I really dont want any of it, i got blueprints wheels boosts all sorts im actually really dont like competitive multiplayer for many years now so its all to give away.

Hello. I can help you.

• Like 1

Just got the trophy!

I am with Rocket League Game of the Year edition and 24 cars in the garage, and Car Collector still dont pop up, but here is what I did:

1. Backed-up my local saved data to  Cloud with Ps Plus ( or you can use USB )

2. Erase the local saved data from my PS4.

3. Start  Rocket League game OFFLINE!!!

4. Trophy popped after FIRST WON GAME WITH OCTANE CAR.

5. Finally restore previous save data to get all your save things again.

Now I just need some trade for Drops in the Bucket and Stocked trophies.

Help will be appreciated :)

P.S. All users with paid version of Rocket League dont have to buy 500 credits to start trading items.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Edit: I ended up getting the trophy. I tried the above stuff countless times in the end it didn't work for me. Much like everyone else above I have 24 legacy cars, today I unlocked 3 new cars and after each unlock I tried the above steps of beating a race with each car then erasing and reloading my game, after the 3rd car it worked. 

So in conclusion I think unfortunately when all the old cars became "legacy" a lot of those don't count now unless you can trick the game into it. So it's not totally bugged, the game has just changed and now you have to just unlock cars until you get it I guess. 

Now to grind out the 50km. 

Edited by RalfH89
Update

• 2 years later...