Classic Difficulty Race

reddlotus_

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 7:52 PM, Shmeefly said:

I know some ppl struggle with racers but this 1 race in a mafia game, I don’t get it, it’s not that hard for non racers surely?

I’m just baffled by how much traction this race gets, did the devs make it harder or something? 

So I made this post over three years ago (honestly forgot I did, chuckled when I saw it lmao) and just got around to starting the game tonight and yea, I gotta agree. I remember when the game came out seeing that tons and tons of people were super annoyed with how hard the race was so I ultimately put it off because I didn't wanna get stuck on the game for a while. (Albeit that wasn't the only reason I have an affinity for online games like RuneScape and stuff).

With that said I didn't outright smash the race, it probably took me 10-15 attempts in total though? I can see how it'd be more challenging for some but, as long as you can learn from your mistakes and don't get frustrated it's far from the "worst & most jank mission ever" material I was seeing online at the time of making this post.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I used a helpful glitch in Mafia 1 for those who are finding the race on classic difficulty extremely challenging. As of 2024, this glitch is still effective, as I've recently used it myself.

Here's how it works: It might take a few tries, but when the glitch activates, the other cars in the race get stuck, making it much easier to win. You'll need to wait for about 10 minutes on the race timer (top right of the screen). This waiting period ensures all the other cars get stuck and can't move, even if you do. Alternatively, if you wait for around 30 minutes, the cars will eventually blow up, leaving you with no competition and a clear path to finish the race. Don't worry if some cars don't get stuck on the first lap; they should get stuck on subsequent laps.

Remember, it's a glitch, not an official part of the game, so use it at your own discretion. It's a handy trick for those who've been struggling with this notoriously difficult section of the game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2024 at 6:23 AM, Trippin said:

Hey everyone, I used a helpful glitch in Mafia 1 for those who are finding the race on classic difficulty extremely challenging. 

Thanks for this. Regardless of how some may feel about getting creative to bypass challenging sections of a game, I personally have no problem with it, especially in situations like this where developers force players into content that doesn’t have anything to do with the overall game or story. Devs who do this shouldn’t be surprised if players get creative and work around the issue. The race could have been excluded from the chapter and it wouldn’t have changed anything about the story or outcome, and if I wanted to play a racing game, I’d play a racing game.

In a game where I’m playing a Mafiosi I don’t feel the need to waste significant time fighting terrible driving mechanics and error-free AI opponents just to complete a meaningless event so I can continue playing my GANGSTER game… Also, I’m at the point in my life where I’m literally too old for this shit.

Kudos to those who did it the hard way. I gave it the good old college try and in the end decided progress was more important than method. There’s enough real challenge in Classic difficulty without this sort of nonsense in the mix.

Edited by Swotam
  • Like 1