Designer's Delight information

cris3f

This applies to the latest version, 1.18, which will certainly be the last as the game is dead to TT.

If people complain that Billionaire is a pain, Designer's Delight, isn't better and probably even worse. At least using the farming method with the Safety Deposit Boxes it's a bore, but it's reliable and it works. Designer's Delight is a painful RNG boredom.

I read a ton of things on this one, with several different ways, but most told to farm treasure boxes, which "is easy" by using the flatten option from the landscape tool. It's not. Even if you manage to get a few easily, many will be stuck in ridiculous places, as the tool will start to drag in caves, structures on top that cannot be destructed or water. I did try to collect all the easy chests I could get while getting the legendary bricks and getting to 100 gold bricks. This worked well until I finished to get all the Brick Builds (Discoveries - > bottom tab on left side, except the Legendary Bricks which are only unlocked by finding them). At this point no treasure chest would wield any new brick or anything else except items.
To check your progress on Designer's Delight trophy you need to check the Build Tool, yellow one at bottom of wheel. Press triangle and  it's the 4 leftmost tiles that must be full without any black pieces (Bricks, Plates, Tiles and and Slopes).
I decided to take anther path and it worked wonders. I created a newer adventure world (enter spaceship, press square then immediately x and choose any  "Adventure Mode" world. You can't use a custom world, they don't have troublemakers or vendors. When arriving to the new world, dig a reasonable sized rectangular hole with the terrain tool not far from the spaceship. Doesn't need to be very deep, just enough so that the troublemakers won't exit. Now stay in the middle of the hole. Each 3-5 mins a new troublemaker will show up and most will be inside the hole, making it easier to capture them.  When it's night visit the trader and buy everything, a few times he will a brick for sale too. Try to farm a few million studs before or when you can, always buy everything the trader has to sell, this improves the chances that he will have a brick to sell in the next visit. Troublemakers will continue to spawn at night. I had read that worlds would not provide infinite troublemakers but I don't know if it's the latest version, I was able to get 38 troublemakers in the same world consecutively, which together with 4 or 5 from the vendor helped me finish this crap. Still took 2 hours or so to get these 40ish, but it's a lot faster and more productive than digging treasure chests.
The troublemakers only offered gold bricks 3 or 4 times, all others were normal bricks.
I didn't do it but perhaps this can be farmed at the same time as billionaire, taking the opportunity to get studs while waiting for the next troublemaker. And if this could be done from the beginning wuld be awesome, as it would still be a lot faster than digging treasure chests. Hope someone can try and give feedback (I'm definitely not going to do this again...).

Designer's Delight pops immediately for a second local account if you join a game where the main player already has it. It's probable that you can get it playing online with someone else who already has the trophy. 

Also the Creator Lawnmower, needed for Tremendous Vehicular Terraformer is weird to get. You'll only find it on the outskirts of a few modern towns, it's in a small yellow house with a pool to the left of the front door. The Lawnmower will appear in a grass lane to the right of the pool and house, but only when you get to that grass area, as it's usually hidden. It's the only place where I saw it.

Hope this helps others.

Have fun,

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm currently testing this technique now, a lot of guides say the troublemakers and night trader stop giving pieces eventually, but your guide hopefully contradicts this as this is easily the most, boring, yawn inducing trophy I've ever went for. I actually regret starting the game tbh.

• 4 months later...
On 15-2-2021 at 8:37 PM, IlIl-Galaxy-lIlI said:

I'm currently testing this technique now, a lot of guides say the troublemakers and night trader stop giving pieces eventually, but your guide hopefully contradicts this as this is easily the most, boring, yawn inducing trophy I've ever went for. I actually regret starting the game tbh.

What were your findings?

24 minutes ago, biohazardfan91 said:

Does anyone know what else I can do? The troublemaker doesn't have any bricks, same goes for the trader. She doesn't sell bricks to me. And I spend hours today opening chests but I only get weapons etc. And I only miss one brick... 

Keep trying.  Bricks spawn randomly.

• 4 months later...

If you need some help with the Designer's Delight Trophy Achievement to make it more easier.
If you are just left with chests, you can go to world 283-935-56 G and you can get to 5 chests, delete the world and re-create it.
This won't take too long to get it.  just need to rinse and repeat

You can view my video to see where all 5 chests are.

Once most of the items are found in chests, you will start getting weapons/items.  You can still get the required items after that.

Thanks
Killarpong

• 1 year later...
On 11/16/2021 at 10:35 PM, Killarpong said:

If you need some help with the Designer's Delight Trophy Achievement to make it more easier.
If you are just left with chests, you can go to world 283-935-56 G and you can get to 5 chests, delete the world and re-create it.
This won't take too long to get it.  just need to rinse and repeat

You can view my video to see where all 5 chests are.

Once most of the items are found in chests, you will start getting weapons/items.  You can still get the required items after that.

Thanks
Killarpong

Hey. Just tried this and all I’m getting is weapons. I e been doing this for 3 hours and only got weapons. And I believe if gotten every brick I could from the trader and trouble makers. Any advice?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...