Need help to prepare for Last Avenger Standing

Cloudbahamut

DISCLAIMER: I cannot play the game in online co-op at this time because I have no PS Plus so I have to do everything single player.

So I have finally completed all Iconic Mission chains and am currently doing the Forest Elite Hive which is Step 8 of Reigning Supreme. For the final step (Last Avenger Standing) I know I have to beat an Elite Heroic Hive which means taking on 14 floors with a Strike team of four (all of which have to be PL 130).

So far I have only two Characters (Black Widow and Cap) with maxed out skills and PL over 130 and once I am finished with the Forest Elite Hive I want to focus on the next character to develop until I have at least four characters with PL 130 and maxed out skills.

Now I have a couple of questions so hopefully you guys can help me:

- Which four characters are most recommended for Elite Heroic Hives ?

- What are the best skill specializations to use for those four characters ?

- What is the quickest way to get to skill level 50 and Power Level 130 with low level characters (farming methods, which missions to play etc.) ? The way I have been doing it seems pretty slow
as it took me almost a week to get one character to Lv.50 and PL 130

- Should I boost gear to get to higher PL quickly or save my resources for PL 130 gear and just use "equip best gear" until then ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by Cloudbahamut

4 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

DISCLAIMER: I cannot play the game in online co-op at this time because I have no PS Plus so I have to do everything single player.

So I have finally completed all Iconic Mission chains and am currently doing the Forest Elite Hive which is Step 8 of Reigning Supreme. For the final step (Last Avenger Standing) I know I have to beat an Elite Heroic Hive which means taking on 14 floors with a Strike team of four (all of which have to be PL 130).

So far I have only two Characters (Black Widow and Cap) with maxed out skills and PL over 130 and once I am finished with the Forest Elite Hive I want to focus on the next character to develop until I have at least four characters with PL 130 and maxed out skills.

- What is the quickest way to get to skill level 50 and Power Level 130 with low level characters (farming methods, which missions to play etc.) ? The way I have been doing it seems pretty slow

- Should I boost gear to get to higher PL quickly or save my resources for PL 130 gear and just use "equip best gear" until then ?

You don't have to get more than your main character to 130.  On challenge I the elite heroic is pretty easy.  You also don't get replaced if you go down in it either.  But they eventually plan on changing that so it will be the case.  It's pretty much the same as the elite hives but with 14 floors instead of 6.  Your other 3 characters work the same as on other hives too, so you have the 3 AI characters as well.

Edited by Snake2410

26 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

You don't have to get more than your main character to 130.  On challenge I the elite heroic is pretty easy.  You also don't get replaced if you go down in it either.  But they eventually plan on changing that so it will be the case.  It's pretty much the same as the elite hives but with 14 floors instead of 6.  Your other 3 characters work the same as on other hives too, so you have the 3 AI characters as well.

Are you sure ? Because one of the modifiers for the Elite Heroic Hive literally says that once an Avenger is downed he cannot be used again. And it specifically says that each Avenger you select for the team can only be used if he has PL 130. But anyway I want to bring all my 4 characters to Level 50 anyway because their skills carry over when using AI team mates which makes the team much more effective. Currently working on Ms. Marvel but I am really not sure who my 4th character should be - Hulk has very highy damage dealing, Thor is great for stun damage and buffs and Iron Man is a great ranged fighter to have on the team. Which of those three works best as an AI fighter ?

Edited by Cloudbahamut

7 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

uhhhhh.....i finished my heroic hive last night using only thor. at 145 power level.
you can die as many times on each section and still get the trophy.
btw i played solo.

Edited by bboysunny93

6 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Are you sure ? Because one of the modifiers for the Elite Heroic Hive literally says that once an Avenger is downed he cannot be used again. And it specifically says that each Avenger you select for the team can only be used if he has PL 130.

This is not the case.  Even though the game says it (and will eventually update that it works that way), currently it does not.  It works like any Hive.  So bring your max person, the AI doesn't matter at all, so use whoever you want.  Enjoy 14 more floors of the same thing.

6 hours ago, JediOniram said:

This is not the case.  Even though the game says it (and will eventually update that it works that way), currently it does not.  It works like any Hive.  So bring your max person, the AI doesn't matter at all, so use whoever you want.  Enjoy 14 more floors of the same thing.

Hm there were two (!) new patches yesterday. Could they have been updating that with them ? And even if they didn't do I need to play this with only a single character or can I bring a whole team as with every other Hive ?

Edited by Cloudbahamut

20 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Hm there were two (!) new patches yesterday. Could they have been updating that with them ? And even if they didn't do I need to play this with only a single character or can I bring a whole team as with every other Hive ?

It'll be your main and 3 AI just like every other hive.  Neither patch the other day changed the elite heroic hive.  The patch notes will reflect the change when it happens so we should know when it happens.

5 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

It'll be your main and 3 AI just like every other hive.  Neither patch the other day changed the elite heroic hive.  The patch notes will reflect the change when it happens so we should know when it happens.

Yeah I did it last night with a PL 146 Black Widow. I had a killer build for her focused on charging heroics as quickly as possible, used Lightning Fist instead of Widows Bite and was basically getting heroics recharged every few seconds lol. often I could use Lightning Fist even four times in a row, it was crazy. Really happy with how her build turned out.

The Elite Heroic was really not that bad. I dominated most floors easily. I only had trouble on two floors - Floor 9 where you have to hack the terminals because I was getting swarmed with enemies and because I was busy hacking my heroics didn't charge very quickly. Went down 2 times on that floor.

And then the final floor which really was hard AF. The elite enemies there (all Cry Adaptoids) as well as the Monica Exo had such insane amounts of health and defense, it took forever to even make a dent in them and they dealt such massive damage and also regenerated health. Then later Prime Synthoids arrived as well. This was insane.

At one point all of my three team mates were down (!), which has never happened to me before and it took me a moment to realize that I was the only one left standing (Well the mission is called Last Avenger standing so my team took that a bit literally lol) and thankfully I was able to survive Ms.Marvel before they could wipe me out too. Then it really became a battle of Attrition. I think the entire battle took me almost half an hour, by far the hardest battle I had in the game yet.

But glad I was able to do it. I have 9 trophies left now (most of them are grindy ones like 50 Hives, 30 War Zones, 15 Villain sectors etc.)

Btw how do I collect more Intelligence Files ? I still need 16 for the trophy. Where do I get them ?

Another trophy I don't really know how to get is completing an objective without any team members taking damage. Because the AI is always taking damage.