[Suggestion] Pop-out chat

Go to solution Solved by Sly Ripper,

I searched a little through the forum pages and didn't see this mentioned. I know it sounds like a small thing but I really think it'd be a cool feature to have. I'm not too "keen" on how browser work-loads work when a sites loaded and such but I'd assume to some degree that if the chat was given a pop-out fuction that it could reduce browser work-load percentage. When playing games, I love to chat with other players from the site but I prefer to have only the chat open and nicely managed and kept to the side, so I can see everything I need to, without seeing browser tool-bars. I usually stick to the chat for hours too.

Does anyone else feel like this might be a cool thing to implement? Or has this idea already been discussed / answered or denied?

When I join chat I generally have one tab opened for the chat and another for the forum. I certainly wouldn't be against the idea of having a pop out chat and if it could be implemented well I'd probably use that as my preferred way to chat but if chat was left the way it is now I wouldn't be disappointed either. Still, you've got my support and I think a lot of other people would enjoy it too. 

Parker

I agree with you both. Though CasaDeBen, while it's not exactly a possible "major-core function" that NEEDS to happen, it's certainly a little querk I think plenty of people would enjoy. When I'm in there, especially if I'm discussing a game that I'm playing, it's nice to have the chat ONLY. No clutter from anything else. Sometimes having a minimalistic view of something is a good thing. But if it never happened, I'd still love the chat and the site.

One of the issues I have and a small reason of why I brought this up is also because of how much white color this site possesses. When I'm using just the chat, I like there to not be so much glare or shine from my moniter, considering I use a few moniters. Killing the white helps out my eyes.Being able to scale &/or cascade windows as well is a nice feature possible when you have a pop-out chat.

Might not be a solution and im not 100% it will work as Im not at the PC right now but... Cant hurt to give it a go.

There is a browser called Maxthon that has a "pop out" feature for things like media, games and videos etc. You can than pin the popped out window to keep it on top everything else, resize it, remove the frame etc. It also has split browsing mode effectively letting you have 2 websites open side by side but in the same window so you could have the forums on one side, the chat on the other. Ive not been in chat so never thought about testing it myself. Dont qoute me on it but im sure the latest version of Oprea Browser has a similer thing. Im quite surprised nobodys made an exstention or plug in.

Sorry if theres a spelling mistake or its not quite explained well its 5am here and  no sleep yet  :lol:

Edited by allsop1986

That sounds like a decent idea too, but if the feature is implemented then people won't need to look for an entirely new browser if they're using main-stream browsers like Google Chrome, Firefoxs or Internet Explorer. . Easier for the users if there's just a feature implemented into the site itself. Maxthon looks pretty neat though I personally don't want to install it.