Driving controls issue

Cyvnyde

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered an issue with being able to drive forwards? If you're at any kind of an incline or are slightly off-road then your vehicle will go forward at a snail's pace. It would literally be quicker to get out and walk. When I first started the game I just thought it was because I needed to upgrade the Magnum Opus a little to make it more powerful but it happens in any vehicle I steal as well. Driving in reverse seems to be a lot quicker and is currently the only way I can get a stolen vehicle back to a stronghold. I highly doubt it's my controller messing up as if I'm on foot and hold R2 down then Max sprints every time, and I have also tested my controller out in another game and it's fine there, too.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem and i didn't realese that the problem was my controllers until i tried to do a challenge for driving at a high speed with a specific car. For some reason, the Game doesn't notice that you are fully pressing R2, so the car doesn't go at full speed. What I did was change my button settings from the PS4 menu in order to accelerate with the R1 button, try to do the same, and if It doesn't work, maybe it's just a bug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reinachii- said:

Yes - it usually fixed itself after moving forward a bit, or i released R2, and held it down again to fix. It mostly affected me when driving the buggy.

I had the same issue with the buggy. I felt like the controls changed when racing tbh but that could have just been me lol.

42 minutes ago, AdriWalkedX said:

I had the same problem and i didn't realese that the problem was my controllers until i tried to do a challenge for driving at a high speed with a specific car. For some reason, the Game doesn't notice that you are fully pressing R2, so the car doesn't go at full speed. What I did was change my button settings from the PS4 menu in order to accelerate with the R1 button, try to do the same, and if It doesn't work, maybe it's just a bug.

Thanks for the workaround. Since you spend a large amount of time driving in the game, I have no idea how they never addressed this.

• Like 1