Getting Started/General Tips

MooseSketts

Nope, Vundil Pass is the right way to go. Level doesn't matter as much as your build, or better yet, how optimized you are. Have you been clearing out optional dungeons? The game consistently mentions to "prepare" before embarking on your next journey, and it really does make a world of a difference. If you hit a roadblock in progression, my best advice would be take a look at your stats, gear, skills and abilities, pets.

- 9/10 times you will find good gear in chests in dungeons. i wouldnt count on crafting to make up for it. I am post game, just finished all the dungeons and I still haven't been able to craft a weapon or armor better than what I've found. And by the time I can, it will be pointless. If you got a bunch of red dungeon markers and  not enough green checkmark, you're doing it wrong.

- Magic is OP once you get points set up properly. Everyone complains about how makes are clearing house, and if thats not your playstyle then fine, but it would be wise to at least invest in a magic spell or two for versatility if anything. Some spells can go through walls which is very helpful. 

- the earlier you can get access to jewelcrafting, the better. Do as much as you can early on to build it even a few levels, you can get lucky and get some magic attack or physical attack gems, and they can exponentially increase your damage output.

- Are your pets self sufficient? Do you even have any? While at first healing them and keeping them alive can be a pain, a few solid creatures can not only increase your longevity, but they can help you clear out dungeons and areas much quicker. There are some instances where I go in dungeons and refuse to fight, I just heal them and let them do the fighting to make sure they can function well.

- do you have a disgusting amount of gold? Gold not being spent is gold wasted. Invest it into items or materials to increase your skills, combat and non combat.

And lastly..worst case scenario, push through vundil pass as much as you can, but fall back before you die so you don't lose xp. Better yet, kite an enemy mob and tame it. The dog monsters in the poison marsh make a solid pet, and so does the Lync thats near the entrance to vundil pass if I remember correctly. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the help. That means its time for some serious grinding ;)

I am using a mage build. I am pretty much spamming fire circle and heal nonstop. Until now it worked well. I need to upgrade that.

ive got 12 pets and nameless, but the pets are mostly useless. They are rats, spiders and fungi. I did jewelcraft only once or twice. Now its time to do it seriously.

I'm now level 72 and I've been pretty much cruising through the game with Ice spells, Heal, dual wield daggers and Weapon Burst. The game hands out enough healing potions at first to keep you alive until you can afford the Heal spell. I had trouble with mana a bit at first but now I really don't have to worry about mana potions or the mana regen spell unless I have a negative status effect that drains mana. 

Honestly every other game system is superfluous because magic is so broken. The creature taming especially needs an overhaul in my opinion. I have managed to capture some lowly creatures but after multiple attempts I still cannot capture a large rat which is basically the first monster you see after leaving Ashwick, the town where you first learn capturing. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, CNaai said:

How do i get the camel??

I circled the location in red on the map below.  After speaking to the stable owner you need to go through the Hole of Kol.  Then, go back to the stables and pay 100,000 gold.  After that answer a dumb, meaningless question and the camel is yours.

9th_dawn_iii_camel_location_by_moosesket

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

I circled the location in red on the map below.  After speaking to the stable owner you need to go through the Hole of Kol.  Then, go back to the stables and pay 100,000 gold.  After that answer a dumb, meaningless question and the camel is yours.

9th_dawn_iii_camel_location_by_moosesket

Thanks buddy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I'm now level 72 and I've been pretty much cruising through the game with Ice spells, Heal, dual wield daggers and Weapon Burst. The game hands out enough healing potions at first to keep you alive until you can afford the Heal spell. I had trouble with mana a bit at first but now I really don't have to worry about mana potions or the mana regen spell unless I have a negative status effect that drains mana. 

Honestly every other game system is superfluous because magic is so broken. The creature taming especially needs an overhaul in my opinion. I have managed to capture some lowly creatures but after multiple attempts I still cannot capture a large rat which is basically the first monster you see after leaving Ashwick, the town where you first learn capturing. 

Go to an area you can easily get to with some tough monsters, and spam baits on them. They will eat it and you will get some failed attempts but stronger monsters will yield more points towards your creature capture. Also, make sure to invest in the passive for creature capturing. They help a TON. I didn't catch anything until I had at least one skill invested. Your initial creatures are going to suck but thats fine, a good start. The skill honestly levels up pretty fast once you get the hang of it, its just getting started is the hard and expensive part

• Like 2

As an FYI, getting to 100 in Fishing doesn't count for the Ultimate Craftsman trophy even though it's listed under Crafting in the skills menu. 

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is that you can save the game, exit then reload and you'll be in the same spot with the monsters respawned which is helpful when you find a group of monsters that drop an item you need or for grinding. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Killbomb said:

As an FYI, getting to 100 in Fishing doesn't count for the Ultimate Craftsman trophy even though it's listed under Crafting in the skills menu. 

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is that you can save the game, exit then reload and you'll be in the same spot with the monsters respawned which is helpful when you find a group of monsters that drop an item you need or for grinding. 

That's strange because Mining does, the trophy popped when I hit 100 mining. Strange because mining..you're not crafting anything either lol but whatever.

And that is a pretty solid tip, especially while I was farming for bright serphini scales to make the skill exp plus Teas. Will do the same for EXP teas when it comes time to grind and morph binge my pets. Only at morph level 5, a ways to go.

14 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I'm going to add this to the first post.

@MyNameIs_Rainman - I'm going to add this to the first post, too:  "Go to an area you can easily get to with some tough monsters, and spam baits on them. They will eat it and you will get some failed attempts but stronger monsters will yield more points towards your creature capture. Also, make sure to invest in the passive for creature capturing. They help a TON. I didn't catch anything until I had at least one skill invested."

Edited by MooseSketts
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

I'm going to add this to the first post.

@MyNameIs_Rainman - I'm going to add this to the first post, too:  "Go to an area you can easily get to with some tough monsters, and spam baits on them. They will eat it and you will get some failed attempts but stronger monsters will yield more points towards your creature capture. Also, make sure to invest in the passive for creature capturing. They help a TON. I didn't catch anything until I had at least one skill invested."

I still havent perfected a method to capture creatures but my capture is at 100 now and most lower level creatures I can do within 3 L baits and one L trap. I have used medium baits on larger monsters and caught them in a L trap as well, so maybe theres an equivalency of like 5 medium to one large? idk im just speculating. 

Also, I highly suggest for anyone to finish out the Tea quest as soon as you can. The Teas are absolutely crucial to speed leveling skills. I went from Restoration 70 to 100 in one night of playing, and destruction 60 to 93ish in one night of playing. The L teas can give you 150% exp or skill EXP, I popped one and got jewel crafting up a few levels, and shot up in alchemy. 

I hear that its easier to level fewer creatures than a full party of 10, so i have around 6 right now, and currently on morph lvl 5 the highest. Its an investment, but its not worth using anything less than the Legendary morph stones

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I still havent perfected a method to capture creatures but my capture is at 100 now and most lower level creatures I can do within 3 L baits and one L trap. I have used medium baits on larger monsters and caught them in a L trap as well, so maybe theres an equivalency of like 5 medium to one large? idk im just speculating. 

Also, I highly suggest for anyone to finish out the Tea quest as soon as you can. The Teas are absolutely crucial to speed leveling skills. I went from Restoration 70 to 100 in one night of playing, and destruction 60 to 93ish in one night of playing. The L teas can give you 150% exp or skill EXP, I popped one and got jewel crafting up a few levels, and shot up in alchemy. 

I hear that its easier to level fewer creatures than a full party of 10, so i have around 6 right now, and currently on morph lvl 5 the highest. Its an investment, but its not worth using anything less than the Legendary morph stones

I actually finished the tea quest but didn't pay much attention to the teas themselves. I'll get on making them ASAP. 

I am just bringing one creature around with me since leveling and morphing more than that isn't needed either in the game or for trophies. It seems to level very quickly as I am on morph level 6 already. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I actually finished the tea quest but didn't pay much attention to the teas themselves. I'll get on making them ASAP. 

I am just bringing one creature around with me since leveling and morphing more than that isn't needed either in the game or for trophies. It seems to level very quickly as I am on morph level 6 already. 

I was thinking of doing that but...I feel attached to my little critters lol I just want to bring them everywhere and kill things

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

The Steam version has been patched recently and one of the changes is "Reduced amount of quantity needed to master a crafting tier". Should be coming for PS4 soon so we might want to wait for it before going for the crafting trophies. 

Thank GOD, I finished alchemy last night and nearly wanted to vomit looking at the other ones lol

Also, finished my hunting journal 100%, I messaged the dev because upon completion you are supposed to get 26 ability coins i believe, and I didn't get it. Could just be a bug on my end, but Valor was looking into it, so FYI for everyone

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I nearly wanted to vomit looking at the other ones lol

I've already vomited.

Also thanks for the information!  If you can let us know if you hear back from the dev if it's glitched or not.  I've also updated the Overworld Map thread with the guide link you provided to me (which is a godsend so thank you).

Edited by MooseSketts
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

I've already vomited.

Also thanks for the information!  If you can let us know if you hear back from the dev if it's glitched or not.  I've also updated the Overworld Map thread with a the guide link you provided to me (which is a godsend so thank you).

That guide was worth it's weight in diamonds while getting the hunting journal at 100%. Only downside is that it doesn't really cover monsters on the Overworld. Will probably just focus of creature leveling and fishing until we get the patch and see how feasible thr crafting has become. I used a gross amount of stuff just maxing alchemy, so if the others can get nerfed a bit that would be a world of a difference

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CNaai said:

One last thing, how do you get the key to get in the island for the dungeon? In the right side of the map, i can't find the key for the door 1f61e.png

Answered you in the other thread.

3 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Can anybody tell me what the status champion does, which you get from the legendary tea?
I hope for some insane exp boost like the other teas.

@MyNameIs_Rainman and I have been trying to figure that out.  We aren't sure.  I used the Legendary Tea and didn't notice anything different.  Sorry.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 1:20 PM, Ranari_Kai said:

Can anybody tell me what the status champion does, which you get from the legendary tea?
I hope for some insane exp boost like the other teas.

The spells I use (besides revive) already have pretty quick cooldowns, which is another thing that someone mentioned the tea does. I'd suggest till they clarify, just focus on the skill exp potions and the regular exp potions.

I boosted my skill levels considerably using a combination of the teas and slapping a majority of my gear with skill exp boosting jewels..downside is I can't boost my stats like magic damage or physical damage but honestly I'm not hurting for damage I still clear rooms quite easily with one hit of Spite III. I didn't notice a benefit to the skill exp boosts until I have like well over 300% worth (not counting the teas), as late game spamming skills doesn't increase it as much as you think it does. Those jewels were a game changer

1 hour ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

The spells I use (besides revive) already have pretty quick cooldowns, which is another thing that someone mentioned the tea does. I'd suggest till they clarify, just focus on the skill exp potions and the regular exp potions.

I boosted my skill levels considerably using a combination of the teas and slapping a majority of my gear with skill exp boosting jewels..downside is I can't boost my stats like magic damage or physical damage but honestly I'm not hurting for damage I still clear rooms quite easily with one hit of Spite III. I didn't notice a benefit to the skill exp boosts until I have like well over 300% worth (not counting the teas), as late game spamming skills doesn't increase it as much as you think it does. Those jewels were a game changer

Thanks for the help. Until now I didnt knew, that you can put skill exp bonus on your equip. I dont have that jewel recipe yet. Can you tell me how to get these recipes? Must be one quest reward.

3 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Thanks for the help. Until now I didnt knew, that you can put skill exp bonus on your equip. I dont have that jewel recipe yet. Can you tell me how to get these recipes? Must be one quest reward.

You gotta do the quests for jewel crafting to get some recipes, there's actually very few recipes you'll get on your own. It requires a decent bit of luck though at low levels. And a hefty amount of materials. First thing is first though you need to complete the quest for the 25 goblin blood, that one took me forever but do it asap to be on your way to starting jewel crafting

• Like 3

I have quite some problems leveling up jewel crafting: It is incredibly slow. Even with the skill exp tea I have barely reached level 26. Now all my ingredients are gone. Is there any store which sells these ingredients or are they monster drops only? If the latter: Any good place to farm specific ingredients.

PS: I really like the game the game and it is pretty difficult to stop playing it. I have finished the main game, all dungeons and nearly level 100. but now the game has become waay too grindy. No way I am going to plat it. The journals are insane and I greatly dislike Fyuut.

Hopefully there will be a patch in the future to lessen the grind.

• Like 2