Speedster trophy time found

Frosty

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

What do u think, food for thought right xD

I remember on the run I got the trophy I saved and exited countless times but I never did exit and then continue, I always loaded game.

What I think we could do for "science" and for future reference is to post here our best times by chapters or by sections in a speedrun only with "intended skips". That way we could compare, add a total time and maybe set a doable strategy for an under 2h20 "glitchless" speedrun.

Optinooby, it would be great if you could share your times by chapter on that 2h15 glitchless run, you should be able to check them if you recorded it for a video.

And just because I love this game I might actually try to do that in another account, just in case I get the chance to pop the trophy.

10 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

I remember on the run I got the trophy I saved and exited countless times but I never did exit and then continue, I always loaded game.

What I think we could do for "science" and for future reference is to post here our best times by chapters or by sections in a speedrun only with "intended skips". That way we could compare, add a total time and maybe set a doable strategy for an under 2h20 "glitchless" speedrun.

Optinooby, it would be great if you could share your times by chapter on that 2h15 glitchless run, you should be able to check them if you recorded it for a video.

And just because I love this game I might actually try to do that in another account, just in case I get the chance to pop the trophy.

Hey m8, thanks for the reply ;)

Interesting, i need to have a deeper look at this checkpoint system, wonder if that could be it..?? 

I actually have all the times wrote down per area m8 as I intended to put them in the description. I'll post them later when I get home!

My speedrun guide when its done is intended to help and guide you through it glitchless, but you really do need to be on the ball for it xD. 

Gotta test the checkpoint thing to find out if thats why trophy didnt pop, hopefully it is why. Then I can record ANOTHER glitchless speedrun guide this weekend and hopefully be done with it

10 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

Interesting, i need to have a deeper look at this checkpoint system, wonder if that could be it..?? 

I actually have all the times wrote down per area m8 as I intended to put them in the description. I'll post them later when I get home!

My speedrun guide when its done is intended to help and guide you through it glitchless, but you really do need to be on the ball for it xD. 

Gotta test the checkpoint thing to find out if thats why trophy didnt pop, hopefully it is why. Then I can record ANOTHER glitchless speedrun guide this weekend and hopefully be done with it

26 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

What I'm trying to say is that by comparing chapter times and strategies from different players we can even optimize the glitchless speedrun so that the margin for error is bigger for everyone. ?

For example, on The Tower if instead of going inside the elevator you open the lock on the door to the right, from that side, you can go directly downstairs. That's a skip not a glitch! ;)

https://youtu.be/BRpCKr_qfH0?t=2534

11 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

What I'm trying to say is that by comparing chapter times and strategies from different players we can even optimize the glitchless speedrun so that the margin for error is bigger for everyone. 1f44d.png

For example, on The Tower if instead of going inside the elevator you open the lock on the door to the right, from that side, you can go directly downstairs. That's a skip not a glitch! ;)

https://youtu.be/BRpCKr_qfH0?t=2534

That 02:15 time is glitch AND skipless, I dont think you could bring it down much more without skipping/glitching! 

I know where you mean, I actually played with it after you mentioned the other day and couldnt do anything with it so i figured whatever u do, its not an intentional technique. 

Do you think its a legit skip then intentionally put there by the devs, how do u do it exactly if u dont mind me asking?? 

Edited by Optinooby

31 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

That 02:15 time is glitch AND skipless, I dont think you could bring it down much more without skipping/glitching! 

I know where you mean, I actually played with it after you mentioned the other day and couldnt do anything with it so i figured whatever u do, its not an intentional technique. 

Do you think its a legit skip then intentionally put there by the devs, how do u do it exactly if u dont mind me asking?? 

So you mean you don't even skip the torture on the laboratory? D:

You can unlock the door because you can reach the locker from that side, it's simple not a glitch:

https://youtu.be/UuDEKNLwU0w?t=3799

1 hour ago, riverrun_PT said:

So you mean you don't even skip the torture on the laboratory? D:

You can unlock the door because you can reach the locker from that side, it's simple not a glitch:

https://youtu.be/UuDEKNLwU0w?t=3799

Oh yea I of course skip that, its not a skip though, the game gives you 2 Choices there, you can torture him or not torture him!! 

Ah see what you mean, I tries that though I couldnt find any interaction points, so seems like you have to be stood in a certain place to trigger the prompt, I was hugging the door!

Dont u think that door thing seems like a glitch? Whats the point of putting a lock there if its not a glitch like you say and if its intended by the Devs, wouldnt that work for every door......I mean its not a very secure door lock xD

Just from my glitchless perspective Riverrun, I think that door lock is a glitch. 

I'll get those times up for you soon ;)

28 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

So pausing the game stops the "timer"? 

And the inventory screen!! 

I'll have a glitchless speedrun up for this on the weekend btw m8 where I also factor the glitch into the video for those that want to use it. 

My run will be 01:45 using only the leyden jar glitch and 02:15 glitchless

It maybe even easier aoon anyway as we may be getting an update end of the week where they let us skip certain scenes

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Oh yea I of course skip that, its not a skip though, the game gives you 2 Choices there, you can torture him or not torture him!! 

Ah see what you mean, I tries that though I couldnt find any interaction points, so seems like you have to be stood in a certain place to trigger the prompt, I was hugging the door!

Dont u think that door thing seems like a glitch? Whats the point of putting a lock there if its not a glitch like you say and if its intended by the Devs, wouldnt that work for every door......I mean its not a very secure door lock xD

Just from my glitchless perspective Riverrun, I think that door lock is a glitch. 

I'll get those times up for you soon ;)

And the inventory screen!! 

I'll have a glitchless speedrun up for this on the weekend btw m8 where I also factor the glitch into the video for those that want to use it. 

My run will be 01:45 using only the leyden jar glitch and 02:15 glitchless

It maybe even easier aoon anyway as we may be getting an update end of the week where they let us skip certain scenes

1.45? Wow can't wait 

Btw I'm watching your videos and love your humor, I can't stop laughing xD

• Like 1

On 28/10/2020 at 2:57 PM, Optinooby said:

So today after updating to patch 1.1, as we now can skip memories, I decided to try to go for a speedrun, in a different account, as supposedly intended, with no "glitches". I ended with a total time of 2:12:08 and still the speedster trophy didn't pop. I saved and exited several times but I also did that the first time I got the trophy. I skipped all memories. In Tower alone it's now possible to skip 4 memories triggered in this speedrun, which means about 2 minutes saved. I didn't count loading screens but I included all the cutscenes.

Here's the times I tracked by each chapter:

- Flight/Cassandra: 7:05
- Caves: 3:27
- Dark World: 3:15
- Room: 1:45
- Deeper Caves: 5:08
- Desert Path: 2:05
- Fortress: 9:40
- Cistern: 9:30
- Oasis: 5:06
- Alchemist's Chambers: 2:43
- Park: 1:32             
- Tomb of Tin Hinain: 3:32              
- Portal Chamber: 6:23
- Chamber of Pillars: 2:00
- Hunting Grounds: 12:35
- Catacombs: 6:29
- Theater: 7:58
- Laboratory: 3:10
- Factory: 5:37
- Lower Factory: 4:15
- Apartment: 1:32
- Town: 8:37
- Mines: 5:28
- Tower: 5:40        
- Throne Room: 7:36            

TOTAL TIME: 2:12:08

Some of these times have very small or almost no margin to improve. Others are not even my best times but are close enough.

So, in theory it's possible to complete the game in under 2h20 without "glitches" but still the trophy doesn't pop which makes no sense. ?

So today after updating to patch 1.1, as we now can skip memories, I decided to try to go for a speedrun, in a different account, as supposedly intended, with no "glitches". I ended with a total time of 2:12:08 and still the speedster trophy didn't pop. I saved and exited several times but I also did that the first time I got the trophy. I skipped all memories. In Tower alone it's now possible to skip 4 memories triggered in this speedrun, which means about 2 minutes saved. I didn't count loading screens but I included all the cutscenes.

Here's the times I tracked by each chapter:

- Flight/Cassandra: 7:05
- Caves: 3:27
- Dark World: 3:15
- Room: 1:45
- Deeper Caves: 5:08
- Desert Path: 2:05
- Fortress: 9:40
- Cistern: 9:30
- Oasis: 5:06
- Alchemist's Chambers: 2:43
- Park: 1:32             
- Tomb of Tin Hinain: 3:32              
- Portal Chamber: 6:23
- Chamber of Pillars: 2:00
- Hunting Grounds: 12:35
- Catacombs: 6:29
- Theater: 7:58
- Laboratory: 3:10
- Factory: 5:37
- Lower Factory: 4:15
- Apartment: 1:32
- Town: 8:37
- Mines: 5:28
- Tower: 5:40        
- Throne Room: 7:36            

TOTAL TIME: 2:12:08

Some of these times have very small or almost no margin to improve. Others are not even my best times but are close enough.

So, in theory it's possible to complete the game in under 2h20 without "glitches" but still the trophy doesn't pop which makes no sense. 1f914.png

Same with me m8, did it under 2hr20 but no trophy

Your times are quite good there, Hunting Grounds can be done below 10, but your Catacombs time is good! The Factory and Lower factory can each be done in a few mins so you can save time there. You have some good times there, I can do that factory/lower much quicker but I thinknur catacombs time is a few mins better than mine

Ive not had chance to play for few days, but will tomoz so gonna have a look. I was thinking that perhaps Harvester ending doesnt pop the trophy as its the bad ending...... 

To test the harvester ending properly need to glitch, but jus go for harvester instead. 

I really wanna get this game over with now as I need to get to other guides ive had requests for

EDIT

For ref, these are my current time btw, no loading times, no glitches/skips and on Patch 1.04

Cassandra 04:20

Caves 07:40

TDW 11:40

The Room 14:50

Deeper Caves 16:20

Desert Path 21:40

Fortress Courtyard 24:00

Fortress 24:15

Arsenal 30:45

Cistern 33:50

Oasis 41:25

Alchemists Chamber 47:10

Park 50:10

Tomb of Tin Hinan  51:50

Portal Chamber 55:30

Chamber of Pillars 56:20

Portal Chamber 58:20

Hunting Grounds 01:00:30

Portal Chamber 01:11:30

Catacombs 01:13:25

Portal Chamber 01:19:35

The Theater 01:21:35

The Lab 01:29:50

Factory 01:33:10

Lower Factory 01:38:45

Apartment 01:42:40

Town 01:44:30

Mines 01:53:35

Tower 01:58:55

Throne Room 02:07:00

Also @riverrun_PT, how the hell did you do Factory in 5 mins without glitch/skilping when 5 mins of it is the tram ride??? Can you skip the tram ride now as well?? 

Edited by Optinooby

55 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Same with me m8, did it under 2hr20 but no trophy

Your times are quite good there, Hunting Grounds can be done below 10, but your Catacombs time is good! The Factory and Lower factory can each be done in a few mins so you can save time there. You have some good times there, I can do that factory/lower much quicker but I thinknur catacombs time is a few mins better than mine

Ive not had chance to play for few days, but will tomoz so gonna have a look. I was thinking that perhaps Harvester ending doesnt pop the trophy as its the bad ending...... 

To test the harvester ending properly need to glitch, but jus go for harvester instead. 

I really wanna get this game over with now as I need to get to other guides ive had requests for

Also @riverrun_PT, how the hell did you do Factory in 5 mins without glitch/skilping when 5 mins of it is the tram ride??? Can you skip the tram ride now as well?? 

I did harvester ending before, now I loaded from Tower, escaped to Paris, took me about 2 more minutes, unlocked Provider and Stoic trophy but no Speedster! :angry:

So, there's yet someone to report having unlocked this trophy by completing the game in under 2h20 without skipping the Leyden Jars in Alchemist's Chambers! ?

M8, what are you talking about? You also did Factory in about 5:35! xD

In Factory and Lower Factory I lost almost no time, so I don't see many improvements there.

Also, we timed it in different ways. In Portal Chamber, for example, I counted the aggregated times because you go through that area 4 times.

24 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

I did harvester ending before, now I loaded from Tower, escaped to Paris, took me about 2 more minutes, unlocked Provider and Stoic trophy but no Speedster! :angry:

So, there's yet someone to report having unlocked this trophy by completing the game in under 2h20 without skipping the Leyden Jars in Alchemist's Chambers! 1f914.png

M8, what are you talking about? You also did Factory in about 5:35! xD

In Factory and Lower Factory I lost almost no time, so I don't see many improvements there.

Also, we timed it in different ways. In Portal Chamber, for example, I counted the aggregated times because you go through that area 4 times.

No your right, when I first looked I thought you took a bit longer but looking again I read it wrong, same with the Hunting Grounds/Catacombs

I know you said no glitches, but can I ask if you used any skips as I know you consider skips to not be glitches (Lab alternate route not included)?? 

I read somebody on Steam got it legit, but then that is Steam and not PS4. I wish we as a community were trting a bit harder to do it legit, because as it stands, in a months, a year or so time, if all these PS4 glitches get patched, new players could be in trouble.......

Do you remember if when you loaded ur ALT up, had you just been playing on another account and just logged out, then loaded the alt, went on the game with the alt and had to close/boot game as you hadnt closed it with your main which you just logged out from?? 

I ask because something weird happens when you switch users with game still open....... 

22 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I know you said no glitches, but can I ask if you used any skips as I know you consider skips to not be glitches (Lab alternate route not included)?? 

Do you remember if when you loaded ur ALT up, had you just been playing on another account and just logged out, then loaded the alt, went on the game with the alt and had to close/boot game as you hadnt closed it with your main which you just logged out from?? 

I ask because something weird happens when you switch users with game still open....... 

Nope, no crazy skips or glitches, only Lab torture skip and now memories skips. In each memory you can save about 25-30 seconds.

I opened the game directly with my other account but all the other trophies unlocked, only Speedster didn't!

Nope, no crazy skips or glitches, only Lab torture skip and now memories skips. In each memory you can save about 25-30 seconds.

I opened the game directly with my other account but all the other trophies unlocked, only Speedster didn't!

Im just going through again now, will post when I get the result, just hit Factory at 01:29:00.

Btw, not sure abt you, but I STOP timer as soon as I see loading icon, then START as soon as I press button to continue

Ah should be ok then if you didnt have to close/open the game because was already loaded from maain account. No trophies will still pop, its the cumulative ones that can be affected, like 100 matches, a speedrun timer etc. 

I think sometimes the game may load ur alt with thee checkpoint from the main account if you havent to do that. 

Not sure, but just may happen because once I did it and I got the CAN OPENER trophy as soon as I entered the cistern and the pendulum had already fallen as well xD, had to reload Fortress Courtyard to fix!! 

The CAN OPENER door was already open when I got down there before reloading the Courtyard. I had JUST practiced the whole Cistern on my other account, so my theory is my checkpoint/profile someone loaded from my main when I switched without closing the game!!

I also had a time or 2 where the game let me enter it without closing with other accounts

Edited by Optinooby

4 hours ago, riverrun_PT said:

GOT IT, but take from this what you will.... 

Without loading times, I came in at the TROPHY POP screen (right before credits start rolling) at approx 02:08:10 on version 1.10.

First of all, I added 14 onto that so 2h22, no trophy. I then bought it down gradually in 2min increments;

- 2h20 no trophy

- 2h18 no trophy

- 2h16 no trophy

- 2h14 no trophy

- 2h12 no trophy

- 2h10 TROPHY POPPED

I had literally 2 minutes to spare with memories skipped! 

I know loading times come to abt 10 minutes, so looks like loading time count on PS4 at least, dunno how else to explain it!!

Thing is, i tested loading times in a earlier save and thought they didnt count, but i guess with all experimention, needs testing more than once i guess to be sure. 

Ive seen only 1 person do it legit so far, and that was some1 on Steam who did it in 2h15 (loading times dont count on steam maybe.... ) 

I cant think what else it could be if not loading times......... any thoughts anyone... 

Edited by Optinooby

15 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I cant think what else it could be if not loading times......... any thoughts anyone... 

My final thought is that if they wanted to incorporate a speedrun into the game they should at least implemented final stats with a final time, at the end of the game, like in Resident Evil 7. ?

This way it's just ridiculous because we're timing it outside of the game and probably what messes the in-game timer, just like in RE7, is the checkpoints when you restart. :angry:

But who cares about this when we can skip it! ?

46 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

My final thought is that if they wanted to incorporate a speedrun into the game they should at least implemented final stats with a final time, at the end of the game, like in Resident Evil 7. 1f914.png

This way it's just ridiculous because we're timing it outside of the game and probably what messes the in-game timer, just like in RE7, is the checkpoints when you restart. :angry:

But who cares about this when we can skip it! 1f602.png

Yea to right m8, ive ran it again and with the glitch it seema to pop for me at 2h15 or lower, but without glitches, seems to pop at 2h10ish or lower strangely. Pause and loading screen stops it, at least im going to settle on that once and for all after doing again. 

Yea we can skip it, but im worried about other players, months, or even a year from now which may have to potentially do it without glitches if they are all fixed!!

I'll have my vid up anyway which will help if it ever happens, fingers crossd though the glitches never get fixed. 

Once I get speedrun recorded, im dont with this game!! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can’t be the only one that thinks it’s fucking ridiculous for the devs to implement a speed run that REQUIRES you to utilise fucking bugs and glitches to skip entire parts of the game. Like an actual joke.

RE and TEW don’t do this, no other game does this. Instead they set realistic ‘speed run’ times that require no glitching but just perfect memorisation of the game and progress route.

I’ll never go for the Platinum because of this. A speed run should be doable playing the game naturally, obviously these devs disagree which is why they’ve only made 2 games in almost a decade.

#hacks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So is the speedster trophy way easier if you play on Adventure Mode without any enemies?

Im really terrible at Puzzles so im worried that the new puzzles in that mode will still prevent me from getting the trophy even if i dont need to worry about enemies.