Patch 1.03 (Trophies still bugged)

IKARUS-RG

Patch 1.03 is available to download for Pacer. It fixes the problem with the Navigational Testing race crashing the game.

Unfortunately, some other trophies continue to remain glitched:

Full Metal Contact: Still glitched. Destroying an enemy ship by ramming it still does not award you the trophy.

The 1%: The trophy for earning a Gold medal on every event of the campaign is also glitched and does not unlock (I can confirm it - I've beaten every campaign race with Gold medals including the Finale). The menu design in this game is kinda whack so I'm not sure if the team goals have anything to do with this trophy, but as of the moment I haven't unlocked it and I have Gold on all events.

No one has the distance trophies as of yet (I believe they are for around 35,000 and 40,000 KM). They will take a little while to earn anyway; I've done some side events and every campaign race and I'm on just under 5,000 KM.

I think the game is pretty good, but these glitched trophies are definitely unfortunate.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

Patch 1.03 is available to download for Pacer. It fixes the problem with the Navigational Testing race crashing the game.

Full Metal Contact: Still glitched. Destroying an enemy ship by ramming it still does not award you the trophy.

The 1%: The trophy for earning a Gold medal on every event of the campaign is also glitched and does not unlock (I can confirm it - I've beaten every campaign race with Gold medals including the Finale). The menu design in this game is kinda whack so I'm not sure if the team goals have anything to do with this trophy, but as of the moment I haven't unlocked it and I have Gold on all events.

No one has the distance trophies as of yet (I believe they are for around 35,000 and 40,000 KM). They will take a little while to earn anyway; I've done some side events and every campaign race and I'm on just under 5,000 KM.

I think the game is pretty good, but these glitched trophies are definitely unfortunate.

Ah just after I msged you I read this, that's good somethings been done. Hopefully the rest will be sorted as well. 

14 hours ago, JesteR1701one said:

Thanks! A scroll bar would have been great to put there to indicate there is more information so you know to scroll down.

Yeah I had the same thing with that, then I saw. 

10 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

It's a shame. I don't have any reason to really play the game now if the rest of the trophies don't work since I've finished up the campaign. I'll just put it to the side while I play something else and wait for an update from the devs I guess.

Did you write to the devs? I sent them a couple of tweets, of course i did not get any response.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

It's a shame. I don't have any reason to really play the game now if the rest of the trophies don't work since I've finished up the campaign. I'll just put it to the side while I play something else and wait for an update from the devs I guess.

Yeah I haven't bothered to play any of it atm, especially if it's not fully working. Plus I have other stuff to get through. When I get to it I'll probably just try to set as many records as I can whilst going for those distance trophies. It still seems weird how it doesn't add up as fast as I originally thought. 

13 hours ago, JesteR1701one said:

Did you write to the devs? I sent them a couple of tweets, of course i did not get any response.

I'll ask my friend about this, see what I can find out. It looks like the patch that came out was pretty quick so hopefully that means another patch will eventually come out. You remember when we had the same thing with Grip when it came out? I think Grip took 2 months for the digital version to work again. I think it's been 4 months since Assetto came out. Still not fully working but I hope Assetto will be fine soon as well since I wanna play that eventually. 

Edited by Destructor-8

9 hours ago, SiwyXpl said:

Pacer developers discord. You can report any bugs there ;)

https://discord.gg/964hPBqq

Cheers, I'm in it now. It seems a patch is coming within the next week. Not sure what the patch will do but definitely sounds like it could be something. 

Edited by Destructor-8

On 11/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, KristophDJHero said:

How difficult is the 1% to earn? Is it the hardest trophy in the game?

3 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

How difficult is the 1% to earn? Is it the hardest trophy in the game?

I'd say yes it is, but I'm still not sure if the team goals have anything to do with it since I still don't have the trophy yet due to the bug, haha. As for Gold medals on every event, the later leagues are very difficult; comparable to some of the nastier stuff in WipEout HD (but I don't think the AI is nearly as relentless so not quite at that level). Elite speed is no joke and it throws the narrowest possible track in the game at you towards the final few events. There's also one real pain in the butt event where you have to earn kills with nothing but Pulse lmao.

I'm a massive WipEout fan and I found it reasonably challenging. If you haven't played a game like this, then I'd say the last two leagues are going to be extremely difficult to earn Golds in. You really need to manage your speed and health carefully while shooting for 1st places.

Edited by KristophDJHero

3 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

I'd say yes it is, but I'm still not sure if the team goals have anything to do with it since I still don't have the trophy yet due to the bug, haha. As for Gold medals on every event, the later leagues are very difficult; comparable to some of the nastier stuff in WipEout HD (but I don't think the AI is nearly as relentless so not quite at that level). Elite speed is no joke and it throws the narrowest possible track in the game at you towards the final few events. There's also one real pain in the butt event where you have to earn kills with nothing but Pulse lmao.

I'm a massive WipEout fan and I found it reasonably challenging. If you haven't played a game like this, then I'd say the last two leagues are going to be extremely difficult to earn Golds in. You really need to manage your speed and health carefully while shooting for 1st places.

So maybe a 6, 7, or even 8/10? I only platinumed the Omega Collection for WipEout, so I can’t really compare the two.

1 hour ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

So maybe a 6, 7, or even 8/10? I only platinumed the Omega Collection for WipEout, so I can’t really compare the two.

In that case I reckon you'll be able to do it. The speed classes don't affect the difficulty of the AI and so I don't think it's as brutal as it is in WipEout. There are definitely some tricky events in the Elite class in the campaign though.

I'd probably go with around 7, higher if you've not had previous experience with WipEout.

15 hours ago, JesteR1701one said:

I just unlocked the first distance trophy at around 19200 km....

Really?? That's interesting then, haha. Looks like those aren't bugged. I wonder what the distances are for the trophies (my guesses were based on Google searches...)

EDIT: I just checked my total and I'm at 5,211 KM LOL @JesteR1701one how much of this game have you played???

Edited by KristophDJHero

13 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

Really?? That's interesting then, haha. Looks like those aren't bugged. I wonder what the distances are for the trophies (my guesses were based on Google searches...)

EDIT: I just checked my total and I'm at 5,211 KM LOL @JesteR1701one how much of this game have you played???

i was at 7000 km when i finished the campaign. Just doing time trial now. It’s a horrible grind since you can’t rubberband it. I can do about 800 km an hour.

Edited by JesteR1701one

I was just thinking how absurd the amount of KM for these trophies is. It's literally going to take 40+ hours to grind them and there isn't that much content left in the game...

What do you think is the most efficient way to grind KM? I've been doing Aguila(?) since it's exactly 10 KM - I usually run 10 laps of that at a time so I'm probably averaging the same as what you're getting.

45 minutes ago, KristophDJHero said:

I was just thinking how absurd the amount of KM for these trophies is. It's literally going to take 40+ hours to grind them and there isn't that much content left in the game...

What do you think is the most efficient way to grind KM? I've been doing Aguila(?) since it's exactly 10 KM - I usually run 10 laps of that at a time so I'm probably averaging the same as what you're getting.

I haven't played the game yet so not sure if this is possible, but are you able to set it up so that you constantly accelerate off a track, respawn on the track and repeat? I remember doing something similar on WipEout Omega. Might be an afk/turbo alternative if it's possible.

2 hours ago, Archavia said:

I haven't played the game yet so not sure if this is possible, but are you able to set it up so that you constantly accelerate off a track, respawn on the track and repeat? I remember doing something similar on WipEout Omega. Might be an afk/turbo alternative if it's possible.

Definitely could be possible, there are a few tracks I've definitely fallen off of. I'll look into it!