Car storage glitch?

Folgers101

It seems that any time I put all my loot into the storage box in the car and continue my thieving run whenever I leave the area and go straight to the pawnshop to sell off all my goods the storage box in the car is empty. Makes the game not necessarily difficult but time consuming seeing as how the only things I'm able to sell are what's on my person.. anyone else come across this problem? Doubtful there's a fix but if anyone has any insight or something even just a work around like going to the junkyard then the pawnshop would do. (I haven't tried that yet but it's a thought.)

• Like 1

Just went back to the neighbourhood I was in when I had put everything into storage AFTER going to the pawnshop and low and behold.. all my items I put in there are back in there. Does the game do a swap of car model between maps and the items in the old model stay put "in that map" until you go back? I'm not sure but it's weird and not all that cool. You would either have to sort through your items before leaving the area and swapping things around in the storage or go sell everything on your person leave to the previous area and loot all your stuff FROM YOUR STORAGE just so your person can hold them when going to the pawnshop to sell them again? I did email the developers about this so if they decide to fix it or something maybe it won't be a problem for future players but yea.. if you've put stuff into storage and try going to the pawnshop the game won't load them when you're there. Only in the area you stored them can they be accessed.. I haven't done more "testing" on it so it could just be any area that's not your place/junkyard/pawnshop.

• Like 1

Yeah it’s weird, threw me off too at first also. Probably was not intentional, but likely the code is too complicated for a small dev team working with a low budget could fix.

That said, I still find some use for the storage in the neighborhood car. As I’ll use it to stash house keys, lock picks and tools. Never any loot. Not anymore :/

• Like 1

Yeah, the car storage is only useful for stuff you'll want to take out at the houses since storage is unique across areas.

Kind of a bummer, too, because it would be cool to leave a house and offload all your goods, then go right back in for Round 2. As it stands, you can still do that, but you gotta sit through 3 loading screens of going back and forth to be able to offload all your goods

• Like 1