Just a warning the first GoNNer was a buggy mess that didnt save progess.

iGGTheEnd

So while I enjoyed GoNNer it was buggy,  it is a roguelite but you are supposed to be able to unlock certain weapons and items in game and then on your next run you can chose to start with them but the game was bugged and only some items would unlock.  

Then there was a level a bit more than half way through the game and it seemed like complete RNG on whether the frames would drop to almost nothing or not and once the frames dipped back the enemy would launched at you at triple the speed which was almost undodgable.

Then there was the save files,  after you would close the game your save would just not exist. 

Obviously this is a different game and maybe the devs worked a little harder on it but I just wanted to give a quick warning,

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

So while I enjoyed GoNNer it was buggy,  it is a roguelite but you are supposed to be able to unlock certain weapons and items in game and then on your next run you can chose to start with them but the game was bugged and only some items would unlock.  

Then there was a level a bit more than half way through the game and it seemed like complete RNG on whether the frames would drop to almost nothing or not and once the frames dipped back the enemy would launched at you at triple the speed which was almost undodgable.

Then there was the save files,  after you would close the game your save would just not exist. 

Obviously this is a different game and maybe the devs worked a little harder on it but I just wanted to give a quick warning,

Hmm odd. I never had any one those issues when i played the first game. Must be related to a patch that messed up the game?

1 minute ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Hmm odd. I never had any one those issues when i played the first game. Must be related to a patch that messed up the game?

Ya there was a patch that completely messed up the game, I was still able to plat it but I lost my progress every time I closed the game so it took a little longer than it needed to.  Although the patch did make the game easier it was still kind of annoying having to find everything every play through tho.  I think they just shipped the last patch without much testing and then moved on.

2 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya there was a patch that completely messed up the game, I was still able to plat it but I lost my progress every time I closed the game so it took a little longer than it needed to.  Although the patch did make the game easier it was still kind of annoying having to find everything every play through tho.  I think they just shipped the last patch without much testing and then moved on.

Oh yeah, i remember my friend telling me about it. That really sucks though for new players! I think the patch came out shortly after i platinumed the game. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Oh yeah, i remember my friend telling me about it. That really sucks though for new players! I think the patch came out shortly after i platinumed the game. 

haha yes man that friend was me as far as I remember :-D I told you about this stupid blueberry patch do you remember? @iGg the game was not bugged it really was on purpose. I wrote with the devs via twitter once and they changed the whole thing. They added a new world ( which was so stupid it made every run longer ) and you have to get all weapons over and over again. I was in progress of getting the plat only one trophy was missing and this pile of piss update came out the same exact time. Unfortunately the only trophy missing was the finish the whole game without dying one. it's not that much of a big deal but I always struggled with the final boss so I had to  rerun a game now over and over again to try to do this one trophy which got longer by the new content but they never adapted the trophies. 

It would have been some hell of a cool roguelike and the artstyle was amazing but after what they did I swore to myself that I won't buy a game from them anymore. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

haha yes man that friend was me as far as I remember :-D I told you about this stupid blueberry patch do you remember? @iGg the game was not bugged it really was on purpose. I wrote with the devs via twitter once and they changed the whole thing. They added a new world ( which was so stupid it made every run longer ) and you have to get all weapons over and over again. I was in progress of getting the plat only one trophy was missing and this pile of piss update came out the same exact time. Unfortunately the only trophy missing was the finish the whole game without dying one. it's not that much of a big deal but I always struggled with the final boss so I had to  rerun a game now over and over again to try to do this one trophy which got longer by the new content but they never adapted the trophies. 

It would have been some hell of a cool roguelike and the artstyle was amazing but after what they did I swore to myself that I won't buy a game from them anymore. 

They may have not thought it was bugged but it was, sometimes I would be able to unlock items and they would stay in the hub and then sometimes they just wouldnt unlock and stay in the hub at all it made no sense at all.  then the giant centipede boss would freeze frames at times and once the frames stopped freezing it would boost at like triple the speed.  Is it the game not saving once you close it that you are refering to as not bugged?  If so that is a stupid thing to add to your game after it is already released and makes no sense at all haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

Haha yes, i shouldve quoted you bro... ? i also remember it messed up your run and i agree, its a really stupid decision to make all of a sudden. I mean one thing if the game was like that from release but to change it all of a sudden without changing the trophy requirements is silly if you ask me considering the people who already were close to getting all trophies for it.

• Like 1

The blueberry patch is what took away saved progression, but even so personally I found the platinum to be very fun and easy when I played it earlier this month (I had never played or even heard of it prior so I can't commit on the game before the blueberry patch).  Very excited for 2.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 10:40 AM, iGGTheEnd said:

After playing GoNNER 2 on Xbox for game pass, I’ve learned that you don’t lose your progress when you close the game, although weapon and head progression is a bit questionable. There have been few, if any frame dips throughout the experience as well, so no unplayable scenarios. The trophies are much harder this time around, and overall, it’s a better game than the first. Just clearing some things up in case you were pondering on getting this game.

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208

2 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

After playing GoNNER 2 on Xbox for game pass, I’ve learned that you don’t lose your progress when you close the game, although weapon and head progression is a bit questionable. There have been few, if any frame dips throughout the experience as well, so no unplayable scenarios. The trophies are much harder this time around, and overall, it’s a better game than the first. Just clearing some things up in case you were pondering on getting this game.

Good to know I'll probobly check it out in the future I like the style of Gonner it's fairly unique, the closest I can compare it to is Downwell.

4 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Good to know I'll probobly check it out in the future I like the style of Gonner it's fairly unique, the closest I can compare it to is Downwell.

Nice to see that you might enjoy GoNNER again. I’ll give you the info I know. You can now aim with the right stick, the Nice Combo trophy might be an issue since nobody on Xbox nor PlayStation have unlocked it yet, meaning its either buggy or incredibly hard. Headless (no head playthrough), Gunless (no gun playthrough), and No Packing (no backpack playthrough), can be done using a co-op exploit I found from a forum where if player two never peeks out of the beginning pipe thing in each level, then player one can infinitely retry the level after dying. I’ve made a thread on the NA version of the game on how to unlock weapons and heads right here. That should be it. If you ever go for it, good luck!