Madhouse mutated Jack, help!

Hvalpen

Hey guys, currently doing Madhouse run. Im stuck at mutated Jack. I dont have the item that nullifies all dmg when blocking. Jack two shots me. I dont know what the best strategy is. The ONLY way i seem to avoid the first hit is to immideatly jump into the water, after which he tailswipes me instead. The problem is, when im "upstairs" there is zero chance for me to avoid his attacks, meaning he can two shot me. I have the saw ofc(and the albert gun, and the reduced block damage item, the powerful version of the shotgun, the attack dmg up coin)

ONCE i got down to what i assume was the last eye, and then died. Ul.

EDIT: Did it the morning after this post. Got the plat. Thanks for your answers!

Edited by Hvalpen

45 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Hey guys, currently doing Madhouse run. Im stuck at mutated Jack. I dont have the item that nullifies all dmg when blocking. Jack two shots me. I dont know what the best strategy is. The ONLY way i seem to avoid the first hit is to immideatly jump into the water, after which he tailswipes me instead. The problem is, when im "upstairs" there is zero chance for me to avoid his attacks, meaning he can two shot me. I have the saw ofc(and the albert gun, and the reduced block damage item, the powerful version of the shotgun, the attack dmg up coin)

it might be a good idea to keep trying to block all attacks as yes your not stopping all dmg but it is better than all dmg. use the albert handgun on the eyes and or use the double barrel shotgun

At the beginning of the fight I would usually block the hits, and go after the eyes on his arms with the circular saw. Then when he drops down you can get behind his arms, and move with his body while hitting the eyes with the saw. If you get behind his arm on the right side you can even crouch down, and get an eye on his bottom. Once he moves up top you can shoot the eyes with the albert, he'll usually do three swipes or so before popping his head down. When he does that you can get some free hits in with your saw to the eye on his head. Good luck!

On 12/5/2020 at 8:13 PM, Hvalpen said:

Ironically, in my normal and speed run, I died a bunch of times. However, during my madhouse run, which I'm currently on, I killed him first try.

Anyways, I got the circular saw, Albert handgun with enhanced ammo, 3 first aids and both defense items. When you first start, just block. Even with your hands up, you won't take any damage. Do L2 + R2 on both elbows and head while you're on the platform. Once those 3 eyes are done, jump down and get the eyes on the stomach and tail with the saw. Stay as close to his body so he won't hit you. When he heads up and is above you, take out the Albert and get the last eye that's under the base of his tale. All eyes you should be able to get with the saw. 

Beware that when he's on the platform, he'll jump down and smash the floor so always guard up so you won't get any damage. With enhanced ammo, 3-4 well-placed shots should do the trick. 

As for the final stage, just shoot his head eye no more than 2 times and block. 

Hope that helps. 

• 1 month later...

Real quick word of advice when you think you're under-powered and there's no hope in any game: Look for the no-damage speedruns online. The speedrunners are amazing at handling bosses with zero ammo and little upgrades. The speedrunners usually learn nearly every advantage down to the pixel and know the games inside and out.

• Like 2