Right Back At Ya

Sicho

4 minutes ago, Sicho said:

Lots of enemies threw grenades at me already and I killed them, but the trophy never unlocks.

Anyone else with this issue?

Yes - I have the exact same issue.

I've been in several gunfights where grenades have been thrown at me (and even damaged me) and even though I eventually kill everyone, no luck with this trophy - despite being certain I should have met the requirements on more than one occasion.

well, that's annoying. Might need another patch or maybe start a new game for it to unlock then.

Oh well, we'll see... I'll play through it and finish everything else first, which will still take me some time so there probably will be other patches in the mean time. Maybe it unlocks after a next patch. And if this happens to be the last trophy left and it didn't unlock with patches, I might just start a new game and hope that it unlocks there. Should not take long to get to an encounter with a grenade when starting a new game.

7 minutes ago, Sicho said:

well, that's annoying. Might need another patch or maybe start a new game for it to unlock then.

If you're gonna try a new save, here's a point early on you could do (around an hour in or so): at the beginning of the game, with T-Bug's training, she'll offer 2 additional training courses revolving around stealth and advanced combat.

For the sake of this trophy, the stealth one is irrelevant, but at the end of the combat one, you'll have to face 3 enemies, and it's possible for an enemy to throw a grenade here. Since it's at the start of the game (it's even possible to get this before The Fool) and easy to predict them throwing one, I recommend trying it at this point since you can just save when the 3 of them appear and try it over and over until one eventually throws a grenade. Of course, you could just get it at any other point, but this is the earliest possible way to do it. 
Good luck and I hope I could help. ?

17 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but I think you have to kill the enemy before the grenade they threw explodes. Or at least, that's what I did.

That might actually be helpful, to be fair - as it does not specify that in the trophy description. Might need some further investigation to confirm, if so it does seem like that leaves you a rather small window of opportunity to get the kill....

This was my fourth trophy I popped while playing as Johnny at the start of the game. I'm enjoying the story, the characters, the side missions, everything, but unfortunately it has a ton of bugs that need to be ironed out. If this is one, I hope it gets fixed for everyone having trouble unlocking it.