Why make us grind so hard? (Spoilers)

SolidJD

I get this game borrows stuff from Dragon Quest etc but why make us grind so hard for levels? I’m level 24 on chapter 9 and I just beat the wrecking ball boss. Straight after it thrusts you into another boss fight and my party are getting one shotted. 

I was enjoying the pace I was playing at and the story but the levels don’t calibrate with that and therefore force me to grind levels. Puts me off playing the rest of the game. 

any tips? 

Is it because is an RPG? lol. 

Go to Ijincho Dungeon, there are some vagabonds that gives a lot of exp, try to finish it too as there are a lot of golden safes to open (you need the Foreman class and unlock the secret shops to buy gold keys) . When you reach chapter 12, there will be a battle arena that gives a lot of exp per battle as well and when you reach chapter 15, you will find the Kamurocho dungeon which is harder than the rest. 

Don't forget to upgrade your weapons, there are some specific ones that you can upgrade a lot like for example the Hero Bat for Ichiban.

Focus on one class only, do not change them too much and try to have a healer in your team like Homeless, Idol or Fortune-teller.

Edited by Carttagos
  • Like 1

OP, sorry to use your thread to ask this (altrough is kinda relevant to the topic): have they, by any chance, lowered the exp obtainable from the vagabonds in the Kamurocho dungeon? I haven't played the game for a week and i 've seen that some patches came through. Now all i get from these fights are 17k exp with the item that boost your job experience ( i've already reached level 99 with every character, now i'm grinding for jobs)

Edit: My mistake, i looked at the wrong fight, they still give you 400k exp.

Edited by Capukkion23

Basically, whenever the game tells you about an optional dungeon, you should run it at least once. That hour or so will save you headaches later.

For the spot you're in, go back to the Ijincho Underground and run it to the last Save Point. Then go up the stairs to the boss room, but don't fight the boss. Go back down the stairs and the last floor will be reset. The two closest fights from the Save Point have Invested Vagabonds that give tons of xp for mid-game. Beat them both then use the stairs to reset the floor again. Repeat until they stop giving you a level after every fight. I think I was around level 33-34 for those boss fights and didn't have an issue. 

There's another dungeon worth running in Chapter 12 when you get there. When you clear it once you can just run the final 5 fights a few times to level up and get money fast.

In Chapter 15 there's another Underground area that is the main grinding spot for endgame and post-game. It's only 2 floors and has 4 Vagabonds so it's a pretty easy loop to run and reset.

• Like 2