is the ps3 ps store down?

melodicmizery

4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Nope.

From the Playstaion faq
"

You should still be able to successfully check out on console using PayPal or another alternative payment method. You can also buy wallet top-up vouchers to redeem on your console and then use the wallet funds for your purchases.

"

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/store/3ds2-payment-authentication-problem-ps-store/

5 hours ago, sanctusLight said:

From the Playstaion faq
"

You should still be able to successfully check out on console using PayPal or another alternative payment method. You can also buy wallet top-up vouchers to redeem on your console and then use the wallet funds for your purchases.

"

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/store/3ds2-payment-authentication-problem-ps-store/

PS3 and Vita don't support 3DS2.

4 hours ago, sanctusLight said:

Do you have an official source to verify this?
I could not find information regarding this matter.

Literally all the gaming news sites that reported the news.

It's the only concern, but you can use other methods to add funds to the PSN wallet anyway.

And there is my problem. The news sites are referring to a forum post.
if I open the website where the screenshot supposedly came from,

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/store/ps-store-top-up-wallet/

there is nothing like the displayed stuff in the screenshot from the thread. So it has either been removed or was never there. I even contacted Sony customer support and there was no info about this. I checked the german version of the support page but couldn't find anything . And let me quote the article about this issue
" All of this was spotted on Twitter and the image, which we assume was sent to someone via email, detailing the change of policy was shared on ResetEra. What are your thoughts on this change and how much will this affect your purchases on these legacy systems?
"
So the source isn't official, nor are the infos confirmed and that's why I am asking for solid information

4 hours ago, sanctusLight said:

And there is my problem. The news sites are referring to a forum post.
if I open the website where the screenshot supposedly came from,

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/store/ps-store-top-up-wallet/

there is nothing like the displayed stuff in the screenshot from the thread. So it has either been removed or was never there. I even contacted Sony customer support and there was no info about this. I checked the german version of the support page but couldn't find anything . And let me quote the article about this issue
" All of this was spotted on Twitter and the image, which we assume was sent to someone via email, detailing the change of policy was shared on ResetEra. What are your thoughts on this change and how much will this affect your purchases on these legacy systems?
"
So the source isn't official, nor are the infos confirmed and that's why I am asking for solid information

The screenshot comes from an email. I've received it, too. It's in Italian, though. You should've received it, too, since your account is German and therefore EU. You'll never find anything in the official pages because they erased everything related to legacy systems. They just pretend anything before the PS4 never existed. That's 2020s SIE to you.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, sanctusLight said:

In the mail is no information for ps3 or vita. its just like how its work on ps4 and ps5. so i did assume i will work that way on ps3 and vita to but this thread says otherwise

The email literally has "PS3, PS Vita and PSP" written in the title and at least twice in the email itself, and you insist it's not official information? Are you trolling or what?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 20.12.2020 at 1:09 AM, melodicmizery said:

your correct i tried it and it didnt work. they use to let you years ago. anyways i rebuilt the database. and now i have corrupt files in my game playlist lol. and i tried a reinstall of the current firmware on usb and that didnt help either. so im guessing i'll have to format. but theres no way im redownloading 200 games so i'll just not use the ps store

so how did you resolve that situation in the end?

• 1 month later...