Expansion pack 2 and 5 are 100% still possible.

JTaylor9522

So this is my first and likely only ever post as I don't really comment on anything, just wanted to confirm something that i've seen around online pretty much since the Bedrock edition came out Dec 2019.

100% trophies are still possible, regardless of what version you have been using, PROVIDED YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL 2014 PLAYSTATION EDITIONS DISC!

I registered Minecraft on the 8th December 2020 for the first time ever, with a physical Bedrock edition and played for a bit and got some trophies. I came online to find that a lot of people have been having trouble with getting the editions button to appear on the main screen and sure enough, when I looked at my game I did not have an editions button. Unphased I completed everything except expansion pack 2 & 5 and once I was done with all of those, I began trying various solutions that i'd found across the internet with no success at making this button appear.

I stumbled across a youtube video that said you NEED the physical copy of the original Minecraft game so I bought the original (the case and disc artwork is of a character in diamond armour) and did these steps:

1. Made a new dummy account on my PS4 and activated this dummy as the primary.

2. Deactivated my main account on my PS4.

3. Wiped all saved data and game data of Minecraft.

4. Logged in to my dummy account and started up the physical copy of Minecraft.

5. Pressed the button that says "start application without updating" and loaded the game up.

6. From the main menu of Minecraft, I held the PS button, logged off on my dummy account and logged in to my main account.

7. Selected Minecraft from the main menu and allowed it to finish updating and let it install Version 2.20 (at the time of writing, this is the latest patch).

8. The game auto-reloaded once the update was done and I had an editions trophy. Jumped online and quickly got all the trophies in a single sitting (all trophies are do-able with 2 accounts and 2 controllers, except "Cupid").

Hope this helps literally anyone, I was starting to wonder if 100% was unobtainable.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jose_bv03 said:

All I need then is a physical copy of minecraft?

1 hour ago, Milkyray said:

Yeah, but you need the OLD minecraft, not the bedrock edition... 

Yeah what Milkyray said, there is a 2014 physical copy called "Minecraft Playstation 4 Edition" and the case has a picture of a Minecraft character in diamond armour on the front. This is the physical copy you NEED to buy to 100% this game.

I'm seeing much problems with getting some trophies in the Minecraft PS4 Release. Idk, but this could help too.

Apparently Japanese Minecraft exists. The description of the products days that "is a 40-minute trial" if I didn't read it wrong, but I already played this game the whole yesterday and I haven't see any restriction past the 40 minute mark.

Is also FREE (Looks like a joke, but heard me out), but you will need a Japanese PSN account and activate the PS4 as the main one in Settings. Then go to the store and search the "Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition (...)" title (Looks different than the actual digital copy), and downloaded it. At last, just change to you main account and start playing. Sounds silly, but it actualy works, try it out if you want

Since the release of that digital version is from 2014, I downloaded it and I have the legacy edition too, and everything in English! (Wellp, my main language is Spanish, but surely there is Enligh support too).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, black__bunny said:

So if I start this game using the 2014 edition, will I have any issues getting the plat/100%? Is it only playing with the bedrock edition that stops the editions button showing up in the menu and preventing 100%?

It's complicated, because this bug is completely random with no rhyme nor reason as to who gets hit by it and who doesn't but if you do get glitched, there are a myriad of potential fixes (including the one in the OP of this thread) though none are guaranteed so all you can do is cross your fingers and pray you're not the next victim :(.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, black__bunny said:

So if I start this game using the 2014 edition, will I have any issues getting the plat/100%? Is it only playing with the bedrock edition that stops the editions button showing up in the menu and preventing 100%?

Yes, if you have the 2014 physical copy, the editions button should appear, even if it does take some trial and error. Like I said in my original post, I didn't even own the 2014 version until I only had expansion pack 2 & 5 trophies left to obtain, then I went out and bought the game and tried some stuff to get the editions button to appear. Even if you have used Bedrock in the past, as long as you can wipe everything and use a 2014 physical copy, all trophies are obtainable.

2 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Disc huh

mines 100% digital and i have the editions tab

debunked your logic

Did you have any version of Minecraft registered to your account before 10th December 2019? This is when Mojang said they were going to update to bedrock and anyone who already had Minecraft registered would be automatically updated, and would receive an editions button to go back to the old edition. Anyone who registers this game for the first time after December 2019, and doesn't have the physical copy of the 2014 Minecraft version, will not have the editions button.

23 minutes ago, JTaylor9522 said:

Did you have any version of Minecraft registered to your account before 10th December 2019? This is when Mojang said they were going to update to bedrock and anyone who already had Minecraft registered would be automatically updated, and would receive an editions button to go back to the old edition. Anyone who registers this game for the first time after December 2019, and doesn't have the physical copy of the 2014 Minecraft version, will not have the editions button.

I have minecraft registered since yesterday via PS Store and the editions button shows up to me (Maybe is the digital copy that I own, the Japanese one that I have has been in the store since 2014, so maybe it automatically enables Editions; new digital copies have been in the store since late 2019, those could be the new ones without Editions).

Edited by SaAlLoAg

22 minutes ago, JTaylor9522 said:

Yeah ive had the Digital ps vita, ps3 and ps4 versions of minecraft since they released in the PSN store Back in 2015?

41 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Yeah ive had the Digital ps vita, ps3 and ps4 versions of minecraft since they released in the PSN store Back in 2015?

The actual PS4 digital realase says it came out in late 2019, maybe there are 2 different versions: The original one with the Legacy Edition (now inaccessible to new costumers, but still there), and the Updated one released in late 2019 in both physical and digital (just woth the Bedrock Edition). Is just a theory, but it can be.

18 minutes ago, SaAlLoAg said:

The actual PS4 digital realase says it came out in late 2019, maybe there are 2 different versions: The original one with the Legacy Edition (now inaccessible to new costumers, but still there), and the Updated one released in late 2019 in both physical and digital (just woth the Bedrock Edition). Is just a theory, but it can be.

seems like it. They probably switched out the original version with bedrock only on the store.

Just now, xDerErnst said:

seems like it. They probably switched out the original version with bedrock only on the store.

Yep. Idk much about the demos tho, in my country minecraft never had the demo resealed from what I can tell. Maybe those demos could have the Legacy Edition added-on.

On 28/12/2020 at 1:02 PM, SaAlLoAg said:

I'm seeing much problems with getting some trophies in the Minecraft PS4 Release. Idk, but this could help too.

Apparently Japanese Minecraft exists. The description of the products days that "is a 40-minute trial" if I didn't read it wrong, but I already played this game the whole yesterday and I haven't see any restriction past the 40 minute mark.

Is also FREE (Looks like a joke, but heard me out), but you will need a Japanese PSN account and activate the PS4 as the main one in Settings. Then go to the store and search the "Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition (...)" title (Looks different than the actual digital copy), and downloaded it. At last, just change to you main account and start playing. Sounds silly, but it actualy works, try it out if you want

Since the release of that digital version is from 2014, I downloaded it and I have the legacy edition too, and everything in English! (Wellp, my main language is Spanish, but surely there is Enligh support too).

I have followed your method and I can 100% certify that it works !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2020 at 9:02 AM, SaAlLoAg said:

I created a Japanese PSN account just for this, but when i search for minecraft on the PS Store, i can't seem to find this free version that you talked about. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sr_Acachapante02 said:

I created a Japanese PSN account just for this, but when i search for minecraft on the PS Store, i can't seem to find this free version that you talked about. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Apparently the demo I was talking about was removed from the store days ago. I'm trying to search it up both in PC and Ps4, But the demo store page doesn't pop up. I haven't tried Minecraft since yesterday, but there isn't a lock, so the game must be still accesible in my console. The title of the game in the menu says "Minecraft" but the full-game store page says I don´t have the game and, hence, I can't download the game if I erase all data. 

In other words, It doesnt work anymore. Sorry bud.

4 hours ago, SaAlLoAg said:

Apparently the demo I was talking about was removed from the store days ago. I'm trying to search it up both in PC and Ps4, But the demo store page doesn't pop up. I haven't tried Minecraft since yesterday, but there isn't a lock, so the game must be still accesible in my console. The title of the game in the menu says "Minecraft" but the full-game store page says I don´t have the game and, hence, I can't download the game if I erase all data. 

In other words, It doesnt work anymore. Sorry bud.

Damn, man. Seems like I'm completely out of luck on this one. Even considered buying a physical copy of the original PS4 edition, but in my country it's being sold for 3 or 4 times the price of the digital game, which simply isn't worth it for me for just some trophies.
Anyways, thanks for taking the time to try and help other players out there, man, Really appreciate it!✌️

• Like 1

• 3 years later...