Persona Director Teases Future Developments

GamepartnersTV

20131025_014945_thumb.jpg

Sony’s Play Community website recently spoke with Persona director Katsura Hashino, who teased upcoming series developments. After looking back at Persona 4: Golden, Play Community asks Hashino what he thinks is the reason that led to the success of Persona 4: Golden.

“I believe that a big part had to do with the development team coming together as one,” says Hashino. “At first, I thought about having select members handle it for the most part, but in the end, even I was involved in a lot of the detailed parts. We even got a lot of the senior members who’ve worked a long while on the Persona series to join in on the development, which I believe resulted in some great content.”

“Without ever thinking about adding DLC later, I believe that the idea of having everything in one package made it into a truly treasured product. I believe that we made it into something that you’ll always want to keep near your PlayStation Vita.”

Now that we know that Persona 4: Golden was a hit, and the popularity of the series itself continues rising, Play Community asks Hashino what’s next in store for the series.

“First, we have the theatrical release of Persona 3 the Movie #1: Spring of Birth, which will see a nation-wide release starting November 23. Then, we have another Persona 3-themed show in Persona 3: The Weird Masquerade, which will be taking place in January of next year at the G-Rosso Tokyo Theater,” Hashino says. “The sequel of Persona 4 Arena called Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold will also be coming out soon… and we also have various plans for new developments of the series.”

Some of you may remember a teaser page that Atlus opened for a Persona studio game last month, that reads “2013 11.24 SUN 20:00” on the site. With less than a month to go in the marked time, Play Community asks if he can share a little something regarding the teaser.

“Are you curious? You’re curious, right?” says Hashino with a laugh. “I believe that we’ll soon be able to tell you all the announcements we’ve been keeping, so please look forward to that day… if you’d allow me to simply leave it as that for now. However, I believe that we will be delivering news that will most likely please all the fans.”

Via Siliconera

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/25/persona-director-teases-future-developments/

Here someone sub the trailer for the Persona 4 Arena game from a while back

And here is the latest trailer for the movie

What do you guys think of all this? I found this article to be beary interesting.... Sorry.... just had to put a bear pun... I think Teddie infected me...

Sorry if its in the wrong forum... but Persona has been on consoles so yeah...

• Like 2

Give me P4 on the store already? Urrgghhh.

I hate they tease about it so much, I'm dying to know if P5 is going to be released soon.....and for all thats sacred, I want it on PS3! I can't wait to have a PS4 to play a new Persona game, that would be un-bear-able to me. xD

• 3 weeks later...

l_5291dbb48d488_thumb.jpg

This weekend, Atlus shared a glimpse of Persona’s future, which included an RPG title for 3DS, a dancing rhythm game,  more on Persona 4 Arena’upcoming sequel, and finally a reveal for Persona 5. Series director Katsura Hashino shares some thoughts and info on the latest announcements in a Famitsu interview.

Famitsu begins by mentioning that it must’ve felt like it was due time for the Persona team to make a new announcement since they revealed Persona 4: The Ultimate Suplex Hold this summer.

“Yes, this past year or so, we’ve caused you fans who’ve been supporting Atlus to worry, and we haven’t been able to find the right timing to bring you any announcements, so we truly apologize for that,” explains Hashino. “With the thought of being able to present a new game to you all soon, we zealously continued development, and are very grateful to have been able to make such an announcement this time!”

l_528da4039a671_thumb.jpg

Next, Famitsu asks if the Persona producer and director could share a few words on the recently announced Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, which they say appears to be a new Persona RPG with elements from the Etrian Odyssey series.

“Just like the experiment of making a fighting game based off the Persona series in Persona 4 Arena, which was also well received by fans, the plan of making Persona Q came from wanting a game that could bring further joy from an even more ‘unexpected element’,” shares Hashino. “This will be the first title the Persona team will be making for Nintendo 3DSand we also have Etrian Odyssey that represents Atlus for the 3DS, and we’ll be using its system as part of a ‘festive’ collaboration mindset in the development for Persona Q.”

“While we are implementing Etrian Odyssey’s system into it, just as the name implies, Persona Q will be a completely new title, but first and foremost, it’ll be for the fans of the Persona series,” emphasizes Hashino, when asked about what kind of game system we can expect from it. “However, since next year will be the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand, we’d also like to use this opportunity to spread the essence from other titles apart from the Persona titles.”

After having announced several new titles earlier this weekend, Famitsu asks about how far have they progressed in the development of the games.

l_528da403acf4f_thumb.jpg

Persona Q is just entering its testing phase, and we’re currently polishing its contents,” says Hashino. “As for Persona 4: The Ultimate Suplex Hold, the folks from Arc System Works are helping out, and the development progress is going very smoothly. By summer of next year, we’ll be delivering a very voluminous PlayStation 3 version.”

l_528da403d7707_thumb.jpg

Persona 4: Dancing All Night, too, is pretty much done for the most part, but we’re about to make more dances and events for it,” continues Hashino. “We, the Persona team, along with Arc System Works, and Dingo, are strongly focusing on our objectives and giving everything we got to meet your expectations, and we’ll continue doing so!”

Famitsu then asks Hashino to share a little on the Persona series’ newest main-numbered title, which was finally revealed.

“We’ve kept you waiting. The title will be Persona 5, a proper main-numbered game of the series,” says Hashino. “Continuing from the previous Persona 4, I will be the director, Soejima (Shigenori) will be in charge of character designs, and Meguro (Shoji) will be composing the soundtrack.”

Finally, Hashino shares a message for the fans:

Katsura Hashino: “I truly apologized for the delayed announcement! The development staff are working together as one in hopes of making each title something that can leave you with pleasant memories. Again, we will keep making games for you fans who continue sharing your love for the games we make, so thank you very much for your ongoing support!"

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth will be coming out June 5th, 2014 for Nintendo 3DS; Persona 4: Dancing All Night in fall 2014 for PlayStation Vita; Persona 4: The Ultimax Suplex Hold for PlayStation 3 in summer 2014, and Persona 5 for PlayStation 3 next winter.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/25/persona-director-talks-persona-q-persona-dancing-future/#8grBlO7cGdegHxrL.99

So... What do you think of these developments? I couldn't help myself but to update this thread again with the interview with the director since the last time there was one... 

Now... I have to say.... Atlus trolled us hard... We didn't one game... We got four! I guess there is something for everybody...

Source

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/25/persona-director-talks-persona-q-persona-dancing-future/

l_5291dbb48d488_thumb.jpg

l_528da4039a671_thumb.jpg

l_528da403d7707_thumb.jpg

So... What do you think of these developments? I couldn't help myself but to update this thread again with the interview with the director since the last time there was one... 

Now... I have to say.... Atlus trolled us hard... We didn't one game... We got four! I guess there is something for everybody...

Source

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/25/persona-director-talks-persona-q-persona-dancing-future/

I'm happy about all the news, but I wish there was a PS4 version of P5 too. I would've loved to see what Atlus could've done with the new hardware! ;)

A little off topic but, Atlus knows how to make me mad. The character protrait should have the Persona of each character on one side, either they changed that from previous PA or didn't want to show the new guy's Persona yet. Damn they smart! 

And they even removed his Persona Break counter, so we don't even know if the guy has a persona, uggghhhhh I can't bear it anymooore.

A little off topic but, Atlus knows how to make me mad. The character protrait should have the Persona of each character on one side, either they changed that from previous PA or didn't want to show the new guy's Persona yet. Damn they smart! 

And they even removed his Persona Break counter, so we don't even know if the guy has a persona, uggghhhhh I can't bear it anymooore.

He has two forms... One without a persona and one with a persona. In that pic... He doesn't have a persona so he doesn't have a burst but once he uses his persona then there will be a burst... Altus is smart :P

He has two forms... One without a persona and one with a persona. In that pic... He doesn't have a persona so he doesn't have a burst but once he uses his persona then there will be a burst... Altus is smart :P

For real? Didn't new that, thanks for the new info :D ugghhh I can't wait to play it. Damn Persona adiction.

Edit 11/29:

So, PA2 debuted on arcades in Japan already, so I thought I might add this here, is the opening movie. Of course only the ones that speak japanese will understand but hey, Rise in bikini is and international pleasure.

Opening

Edited by Arkthur_us