Vigil: The Longest Night

Titanomachy_75

5 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Well, it got released for PC and Switch, and no PS4 port in sight. I asked the devs myself.

1-B3-CF58-F-A215-433-E-AEFB-4-DDDC8-B95-

I see thats a shame? It was always listed for ps4 .. But seems like it wont be at this time? Maybe its time for me to get a switch? :)

Edited by Titanomachy_75
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2020-12-29 at 8:33 AM, Titanomachy_75 said:

I see thats a shame? It was always listed for ps4 .. But seems like it wont be at this time? Maybe its time for me to get a switch? :)

Do you know if there have been any developments since you last posted this? I just stumbled upon this game and it looks really awesome! I haven’t been able to find any recent information though on whether a PS4 release is still in the works or not.

10 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Do you know if there have been any developments since you last posted this? I just stumbled upon this game and it looks really awesome! I haven’t been able to find any recent information though on whether a PS4 release is still in the works or not.

Not sure anymore on a ps4 release … I just bought a switch few months back and it’s awesome! Switch has so many games like this! Just get one you won’t be disappointed 

I wouldn't expect a PS4 release, unfortunately. Quite a few games in the past few years have been PC and Switch only. Some even have an Xbox version. I don't like to assume what these developers are capable of, but Phoenotopia: Awakening was a game that sold poorly on PC and Switch, yet still received a PS4 port this month. I have to guess that these developers don't see a PlayStation release as worthwhile. Which is a real shame, especially considering PS4 has the largest userbase. Here's an interesting article that might be highlighting the problem: https://www.ign.com/articles/why-indie-publishers-fed-up-playstation

On 2021-07-28 at 10:48 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

Not sure anymore on a ps4 release … I just bought a switch few months back and it’s awesome! Switch has so many games like this! Just get one you won’t be disappointed 

I am pretty much exclusive to PlayStation these days, mainly because I own hundreds of games between my PS3/PS4 and am a trophy hunter.

But perhaps one day I’ll pickup a Switch for fun. There are tons of games on Switch that look amazing and I’d love to get a chance to play. I wasn’t aware they had such an extensive indie catalogue either but that makes the prospect even more appealing.

On 2021-07-29 at 6:28 AM, ShadeSplit said:

I wouldn't expect a PS4 release, unfortunately. Quite a few games in the past few years have been PC and Switch only. Some even have an Xbox version. I don't like to assume what these developers are capable of, but Phoenotopia: Awakening was a game that sold poorly on PC and Switch, yet still received a PS4 port this month. I have to guess that these developers don't see a PlayStation release as worthwhile. Which is a real shame, especially considering PS4 has the largest userbase. Here's an interesting article that might be highlighting the problem: https://www.ign.com/articles/why-indie-publishers-fed-up-playstation

Wow, that was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

It’s really disappointing to hear that so many developers have had such a poor experience working with PlayStation and that Sony seems to have little regard for them or supporting their work in many instances.

I suppose this is what the developer in the screenshot above was alluding to when he suggested that a PS4 release would be an undertaking that their small studio might not be equipped to handle. I never realized just how much is involved in the process of getting these small titles onto the market, or what a nightmarish scenario it can be for some of the smallest studios. It’s a wonder that many of these games even make it to market at all when they’re competing against industry giants and don’t have much in the way of support from the platform they’re developing for.

Honestly it’s extremely disappointing to hear how unfriendly Sony can allegedly be to a lot of these struggling studios - especially when they have great products to offer like Vigil: The Longest Night. I think a lot of these types of games have the potential to be quite successful if people became aware of them, and we should be doing everything possible to keep these little developers alive and growing game development. I don’t want the industry to become overrun with AAA titles and live service cash-cow types of games.

You're man of culture for sure. I love indie games like these. Salt and Sanctuary anyone? Too bad it wont get a PS4/PS5 port. KIDS these days only want games in 3D. Graphics whores - the only way they can cum is if they see 4k and/or 60fps which is a shame. Dont get me wrong, I love my games with glorious graphics but automatically giving a game a pass just because its in 2D is stupid - and this happens a lot in this new gaming age unfortunately. I cant blame the devs if they dont want to put effort on something that might be fruitless. 

It is unfortunate that they are some developers with resources that they manage to get into ps store with things that they even won’t call games and then a talented team comes along that brought their vision into life ( and looks great )and can’t make it cause of money!