How do I use PS4 save on PS5?

YokA_sun

This might be a dumb question but I have not found a way to start my PS5 version with PS4 save though. I have a 100% complete save file on my PS4 run (I played on my PS5 console though using the PS4 version). 

Edit: I found the extra menu for the save data transfer option. But when I click it, it says " no data found, please upload your ps4 save onto cloud". I know I already did.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue? 

Edited by YokA_sun
  • Like 2

If this game is similar to other games then with 'cloud' they mean ingame cloud and not PSPlus/PSN cloud.

So you have to start the PS4 version, upload your save somewhere ingame.
After that go back to the PS5 version and download your save ingame.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kolm said:

If this game is similar to other games then with 'cloud' they mean ingame cloud and not PSPlus/PSN cloud.

So you have to start the PS4 version, upload your save somewhere ingame.
After that go back to the PS5 version and download your save ingame.

You, sir, are a savior

7 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

So if you platinumed it on PS4 does the platinum auto pop on PS5 when loading the save?

Yes. I had 71% on PS5 before I started PS4 (after I learned about the save transfer). The moment I did the file transfer on PS5 in-game, the rest of the trophies auto-popped instantly. I was surprised that I didn't even need to restart the game. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YokA_sun said:

Yes. I had 71% on PS5 before I started PS4 (after I learned about the save transfer). The moment I did the file transfer on PS5 in-game, the rest of the trophies auto-popped instantly. I was surprised that I didn't even need to restart the game. 

So far I'm not aware of games that support auto-pop and that need a restart for the trophies to auto-pop.

While importing/converting the save from PS4 to PS5 format they check the trophies at the same time or right after completing that import.

Glad I could help! :) 

5 hours ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

Does it the work the opposite way ? 1f914.png I mean I want to play and 100% the PS5 version and then just load the PS5 save on PS4 to autopop (It works in Ac Valhalla and other ubigames, so thats why Im asking)

It depends on the game if they support it or not. Reason is because it works through an ingame cloud and not PSN.

I totally missed that ubi made it possible in both directions, which is actually nice of them!

If I check the 100% completion times for the PS4 version of Sackboy, it seems that there's no way to transfer saves from PS5 to PS4 because there's nobody that got 100% in seconds while on the PS5 there's plenty. I didn't start the game myself yet so I can't check for sure if there's an upload save option in the PS5 version or only a download save option.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, SB2_95 said:

so you can play the ps5 version first and then transfer the saves to the ps4 version and auto pop up the platinum?

It doesn't appear so. Wish we could though. Prefer to play on PS5 first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Go On The Ps4 

Go in game Setting Press R1 3 Times and go down to transfer save data to cloud 

Go On The Ps5 

Go in game Setting Press R1 3 Times and go down to transfer Cloud save to save data 

It is only ps4 to ps5 not the other way around 

You can use a ps4 copy on the ps5 it will be the same 

• Like 1