PS3 RCA/HDMI Question

bikeman223

I recently upgraded to a new TV. However my new TV only has HDMI slots whilst the PS3 uses an RCA connector cable which is not compatible. My question, is it possible to by a PS3 HDMI cable or some kind of HDMI/RCA cable connector to make it compatible? I would greatly appreciate some insight into how any of you set up your PS3 with a more modern TV.

The PS3 should be able to use HDMI, RCA (composite), or component cables. The HDMI is a standard HDMI cable that plugs directly into the HDMI port. The other two options require the PS AV cable with the appropriate connector. 
Just grab or buy any HDMI cable and you’ll be set. 

23 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Just buy a normal HDMI cable and connect it that way, the PS3 can connect using it, well it should unless yours doesn't have a HDMI port on the back (pretty sure all do though).

Good point it does have a HDMI cable slot on the back.

I just used the HDMI cable for my Gaming monitor.  But after hooking up my PS4 and PS5 to the monitor, I needed something else for the PS3.

So, I used my PC monitor whereas I was already using the HDMI slot for the PC, but have a slot for an HDMI/VGA cable, which I bought from Amazon. 

Just some ideas for you as you amass your collection of consoles!