Want to get back into PS4 gaming

Hocking_1988

Hi everyone I hope this is the right place to post. 

I need some advice if possible I have owned a PS4 for many years, I wouldn’t say I’m a trophy hunter in the sense of that I HAVE to get the platinum but I do try to get as much done as possible. But in the last 12 months I have hit a complete gaming slump which I am looking to get out of as I really want to enjoy some of my games before I can get my hands on to a ps5. (I have been playing fifa, but I need to try and drag away from that)

I am not sure if you can see my trophy list here so you would see what sort of games I have been playing in the past. I have lots of games/trophy lists that are not finished. For example I got about half way through last of us 2, and god of war then just stopped. Do I go back and finish these first or start a fresh with something new, and potentially play these again in the future? 

Also are there any good games I could play to get me back into it. To give you some ideas of games I like, (again if you cannot see my trophy list) 

I enjoy action adventure games such as Unchartrd, Tomb Raider, Spider-Man. Story based games in the main. I also enjoy the odd Call of Duty but mainly single player again. Basically anything I might have missed out on in the last 12 months 

I know there are no definite answers but any advice/opinions would be great 

Thanks in advance

(if there is a way to link my trophy list so it’s easier for you guys to give your opinions, please let me know)

Up to you whether you go back or start anew but I honestly recommend that you go back and beat those games if you feel you''ll enjoy doing so. Some great recommendations I can give game-wise are NieR Automata, Persona 5, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Horizon zero dawn, and the resident evil series. All are great and up your alley 

Thanks for your reply. I think the first thing I will do when I get some time is finish off the last of us part 2. For some reason when I was playing it I just wasn’t feeling it but I need to give it another chance as I loved the first one. So many people have recommended horizon to me but not sure if it looked my thing. But I will have a look at it. 

I think I need to maybe initially try not to worry about trophies but play just for enjoyment and then go from there. I tend to get slightly ocd with trophies etc, but in reality nobody on my friends list that I know really looks at mine

2 hours ago, Hocking_1988 said:

I enjoy action adventure games such as Unchartrd, Tomb Raider, Spider-Man. Story based games in the main. I also enjoy the odd Call of Duty but mainly single player again. Basically anything I might have missed out on in the last 12 months 

I know there are no definite answers but any advice/opinions would be great 

if you liked spider-man 2018 and haven't played miles morales yet i couldn't recommend it to you more honestly

21 minutes ago, Hocking_1988 said:

Spider-Man Miles Morales is definitely something I want to play but waiting until I can get hold of a PS5 for that 

there are multiple games you missed. 

quick easy and fun:

-streets of rage 4

-Resident Evil 3 remake 

regardless what people say, i think everyone should play and have their own opinion for:

-The Last of Us part 2

- Mafia remake

- Crash Bandicoot 4

- Ghost of Tsushima 

- Final Fantasy 7 Remake

11 hours ago, Hocking_1988 said:

I enjoy action adventure games such as Unchartrd, Tomb Raider, Spider-Man. Story based games in the main.

Yakuza 0 would fit this category and will blow you away.  This is only if you have time and can handle a good amount of cutscenes/dialogues.

Thanks for the advice I will defo look at these. I need to look at mafia, as I only played mafia 2 on ps3 and loved it so I imagine I will like the other two. 

I do need to go and look at some of the easier trophies I have left to do to try and complete. With COD4 I just couldn’t do that trophy where you have to do the assault course thing in whatever time it was a the start of the game.

Regarding resident evil 3, do you need to have finished resident evil 2? I got to a certain part on the second one and I am completely stuck have no idea where to go and I didn’t finish it