What is the most efficient way to get the Hitman 1 & 2 trophies plus their dlc counterparts in 3?

DoctorDrPepper

Hitman 3 was my first Hitman and I’m hooked. Got the play last night, loved the gameplay. So now I’m thinking about doing Hitman 1 and 2 for the dlc. But if I’m gonna do that I see no reason not to also get all their original trophies as well. But I can’t seem to find a straight answer anywhere about how the data transfers.

I have Hitman 1 from PS Plus but just never played it, and I’m assuming data won’t transfer back to that one? Or will it? Should I start with 1? Does data transfer from that to 2 and then go to 3?

A solid answer for someone who has been doing this since the first game would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

30 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Hitman 3 was my first Hitman and I’m hooked. Got the play last night, loved the gameplay. So now I’m thinking about doing Hitman 1 and 2 for the dlc. But if I’m gonna do that I see no reason not to also get all their original trophies as well. But I can’t seem to find a straight answer anywhere about how the data transfers.

I have Hitman 1 from PS Plus but just never played it, and I’m assuming data won’t transfer back to that one? Or will it? Should I start with 1? Does data transfer from that to 2 and then go to 3?

A solid answer for someone who has been doing this since the first game would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

There's no data transfer from HITMAN 1 (you would have to start all over in HITMAN 2 and 3).

You can transfer your data from HITMAN 2 to 3 but only once (it'll override whatever you've done on the HITMAN 1 and 2 levels on HITMAN 3).
There's no data transfer from HITMAN 3 to 2 or 1.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

There's no data transfer from HITMAN 1 (you would have to start all over in HITMAN 2 and 3).

You can transfer your data from HITMAN 2 to 3 but only once (it'll override whatever you've done on the HITMAN 1 and 2 levels on HITMAN 3).
There's no data transfer from HITMAN 3 to 2 or 1.

So Basically I should buy 2, play it there, do everything, then transfer it over for the autopops?

2 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

So Basically I should buy 2, play it there, do everything, then transfer it over for the autopops?

Yes.

Just to note in case you haven't done it yet but you'll need to boot up HITMAN 1, access the in-game store and buy/download the Legacy Pack that should appear as free in order to access the HITMAN 1 levels in HITMAN 2 and 3.

• Like 2

If you want all the trophies in Hitman 1, you must play Hitman 1 to 100%.  There is no sharing of game data from Hitman 1 to the other games.

If you want all the trophies in Hitman 2, you must play Hitman 2 (the gold edition with all the maps included) to 100%.  To get to 100%, you must have Hitman 1 and import the Hitman 1 maps into Hitman 2.  You will play all of Hitman 1 inside Hitman 2, as well as all new Hitman 2 content.  There are two Hitman 2 trophy lists: the original one which topped out at 125 trophies, and "Hitman 2 - Additional Expansions" which encompasses the last three Hitman 2 maps.

If you want all the trophies in Hitman 3, you can either import your completed Hitman 2 profile into Hitman 3, which will award most, but not all, of the Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 DLC trophies.  Follow this up by playing Hitman 3 to 100%.  Or, you can skip the Hitman 2 import, and play through all of Hitman 1 and 2 inside Hitman 3 to get the DLC trophies.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, tak_106 said:

If you want all the trophies in Hitman 1, you must play Hitman 1 to 100%.  There is no sharing of game data from Hitman 1 to the other games.

If you want all the trophies in Hitman 2, you must play Hitman 2 (the gold edition with all the maps included) to 100%.  To get to 100%, you must have Hitman 1 and import the Hitman 1 maps into Hitman 2.  You will play all of Hitman 1 inside Hitman 2, as well as all new Hitman 2 content.  There are two Hitman 2 trophy lists: the original one which topped out at 125 trophies, and "Hitman 2 - Additional Expansions" which encompasses the last three Hitman 2 maps.

If you want all the trophies in Hitman 3, you can either import your completed Hitman 2 profile into Hitman 3, which will award most, but not all, of the Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 DLC trophies.  Follow this up by playing Hitman 3 to 100%.  Or, you can skip the Hitman 2 import, and play through all of Hitman 1 and 2 inside Hitman 3 to get the DLC trophies.

Clear and accurate, thx !!

If your goal is to get 100% across 3 games, as everyone said you will have to play through the whole thing at least twice. Here's a buying guide for all the confusing DLCs, again, if you want 100% across all 3 game stacks:

• If you got H1 from PS+, purchase GOTY Upgrade for H1  OR  purchase all H1 levels separately
  • This will grant you a free Legacy Goty Upgrade for H2 (H1 DLCs inside of H2)
  • Purchase Gold Edition H2 to gain H2 DLCs
  • Having H1 (any version, even PS+ one) and H2 Gold version will grant you H1 and H2 DLCs in H3 respectively
Edited by Sydoki
Added TugaSonic's point about GOTY H1
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

If your goal is to get 100% across 3 games, as everyone said you will have to play through the whole thing at least twice. Here's a buying guide for all the confusing DLCs, again, if you want 100% across all 3 game stacks:

• If you got H1 from PS+, purchase GOTY Upgrade for H1
  • Having both H1 and H2 full versions (GOTY / Gold) will grant you both H1 and H2 DLCs in H3

Just to add that for trophies you aren't required to get the GOTY Upgrade for H1 since there's no trophies associated with the stuff you get from that (Patient Zero).

25 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

• If you got H1 from PS+, purchase GOTY Upgrade for H1
  • Having both H1 and H2 full versions (GOTY / Gold) will grant you both H1 and H2 DLCs in H3

Thanks for this dude.

I am still clinging on to the hope that we get Hitman 2 for Feb's PS Plus. :D