Where is Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Puppeter04

Just that, I haven't read anything about this in a long time, anyone knows something?  

An ambitious sequel takes time (exactly a decade in the making), what are your expectations? 

For me,

Pros: everything

Cons: Ubisoft... pls, don't let me down.

PS: also, I have looked if there was any post about this already but the last one I think was from more than 2 years ago lol

The original creator Michel Ancel left the project (and the entire game industry) last year to work on a wildlife sanctuary. Side tangent, apparently the game Wild was still in development which is weird to think about. 

I do think that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still coming out but all we've seen so far are trailers that yes look amazing, but also have shown no gameplay.

To me it seems like a project that they like to show to get people exited but they don't show any urgency to complete it.

Havent seen anything about it the last few years but i would be very surprised if its a good charming game like the first one. From what i have seen it looked way too ambitious and trying to be cool with weird characters acting all crazy.

I heard it was an online game and a prequel to the original but my hype is totally gone, They waited too long and  it wouldnt surprise me if it got cancelled or becomes another Cyberpunk bugfest.

• 2 weeks later...

It is just a shame. First announcement was in 2008 (!!!). That is a very long time for a game. But tbh. The gameplay trailer in 2018 looked very promising. Not really sure what the latest news is about this game. But for one thing is sure. It will be sold very well. A lot of people have a VERY good memory of the first installment. And with a IP like this, Ubisoft has a no risk money generator. Not sure what the background is behind these kind of games that take forever to develop.

Too ambitious, I`m not sure about that though. The trailer from 2018 looked as expected. So, not a really big surprise. The game looked awesome. 

Talking about to ambitious game development, that would star citizen. But that is a different topic.

I`m still, although I do not follow the game intensively anymore, hoping that the game will still become a finished product.