PSN Phishing messages

Death

I recently just got a message from someone named PIAYSTATIONCARD. It doesn't use a "L", just a lowercase 'l'. The message was titled 'Congratulations.' and said that I won $20 to use in the Store and that I had to get a code at a site called sonyentertainment.co.nf. I thought it was legit since I spent over $50 in the Store this month and they have the offer where you can receive $10 back. I tried entering the site and my security system popped up with a message saying that the site is a phishing site. Thought I'd just give everyone a heads up if they receive the same message.

Edited by Deth

There is a really easy way to spot a phony message. Any official PSN or Sony message will have the PSN logo next to the subject and will always be titled PSN. Anyone else who sends messages will have their avatar show up next to the subject instead. Just a heads up for anyone doubting if a message is legit.

Also they'll always have your money attached as a code, never make you go to a website. As soon as you click the attachment code it will send you to PS Store and ask to redeem it.

This man speaks the truth.  I've always had PSN give me avatars/themes/codes through message attachments.  Never once was directed to a site.

• Like 2